Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 SNC Hockey Season...Another shot @ #6....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 SNC Hockey Season...Another shot @ #6....

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
    Maybe sncsid can answer this question -- Why aren't there goal judges at the Cornerstone this season?
    A few schools had them and the others did not. Some of the ones that did caused more confusion than they helped. So it was recommended and decided to do away with them altogether to be consistent across the league.

Be that as it may, I do miss the red light going on when a goal gets scored at the Cornerstone. A lot of good celebration pictures with that light on over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
      A few schools had them and the others did not. Some of the ones that did caused more confusion than they helped. So it was recommended and decided to do away with them altogether to be consistent across the league.

Be that as it may, I do miss the red light going on when a goal gets scored at the Cornerstone. A lot of good celebration pictures with that light on over the years.
      Thanks for the explanation! I miss the red light as well (not that it would have been on much for the home team before last Friday's game...)

At first I thought it might be an NCAA thing, but I noticed that UWSP still had goal judges.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

That's only the fourth time in program history that the Knights have blown a lead after 2 at home. Special teams has been a killer all season.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation! I miss the red light as well (not that it would have been on much for the home team before last Friday's game...)

At first I thought it might be an NCAA thing, but I noticed that UWSP still had goal judges.
          We hav'em at Oswego as well..

Comment

The Luke Davison specialty (no look pass) makes it 4-1 CSS.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              We hav'em at Oswego as well..
              Plattsburgh has them

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Bates has scored in 16 straight games. He's giving Eric Cooper a run for his money.

Comment

28 needs to be the 7th dman, or a healthy scratch tonight. Has had bad plays that lead to goals on multiple occasions this year.

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                    28 needs to be the 7th dman, or a healthy scratch tonight. Has had bad plays that lead to goals on multiple occasions this year.
                    Like when his patented no look pass ended up in the back of the wrong net in Duluth?

Comment

Here's a brand new "stay at home" feature I concocted - Green Knights at a Round Table. Our first installment is a roundtable discussion of the 2008 St. Norbert College NCAA Division III national championship hockey team. Discussion conducted with head coach Tim Coghlin, assistant coach A.J. Aitken, athletic trainer Russ Schmelzer, junior captain Ryan Petersen, senior goaltender Kyle Jones, senior forward Marc Belanger and freshman forward Scott Pulak. Moderated by sports information director Dan Lukes.

Let us know what you think. Just about 80 minutes long. The video is what it is but a lot of good stories and memories about one of the best teams and seasons in Division III hockey history.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDDlnfrTmDE
                      Last edited by SNC SID; 05-18-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Here's a brand new "stay at home" feature I concocted - Green Knights at a Round Table. Our first installment is a roundtable discussion of the 2008 St. Norbert College NCAA Division III national championship hockey team. Discussion conducted with head coach Tim Coghlin, assistant coach A.J. Aitken, athletic trainer Russ Schmelzer, junior captain Ryan Petersen, senior goaltender Kyle Jones, senior forward Marc Belanger and freshman forward Scott Pulak. Moderated by sports information director Dan Lukes.

Let us know what you think. Just about 80 minutes long. The video is what it is but a lot of good stories and memories about one of the best teams and seasons in Division III hockey history.

I'd love to see more videos like this. I also appreciated seeing the 2018 National Championship game posted on youtube.

Comment

Thanks for putting this together, Dan.
                          Great memories of this season.
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I'd love to see more videos like this. I also appreciated seeing the 2018 National Championship game posted on youtube.
                            Thanks. All five of them should be posted to YouTube.

Comment

Thanks. All five of them should be posted to YouTube.
                              Agreed. It'd be cool to see some other classics there as well. The overtime wins over Augsburg in 2017 and 2019. The double OT win over UMass Boston in 2016. etc.

Comment

Agreed. It'd be cool to see some other classics there as well. The overtime wins over Augsburg in 2017 and 2019. The double OT win over UMass Boston in 2016. etc.
                                A lot depends on what we actually have. If we have them, uploading them isn't an issue. Trying to find some older stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X