• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State 2019-2020 Season Thread

Congrats on your sweep next week.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Congrats on your sweep next week.
      On that note, I’ve lurked the Wisconsin thread the last few weeks and I think you guys have been a bit hard on your team considering a pretty tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        On that note, I’ve lurked the Wisconsin thread the last few weeks and I think you guys have been a bit hard on your team considering a pretty tough schedule.
        That is a very kind and only half true thing for you to say.

Yes they’ve had a tough schedule, but this is also a team that would probably finish 5th in Atlantic Hockey.

They are soooooooooo bad in their own zone, you’ll have to really suffer some bad luck luck to get fewer than 4 points on the weekend.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

If UW was any good they would have throttled the rodents and the weasels and you'd be like, "ohho, we're next". Instead you are like, "hey we can finish on a high note!"
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

And you guys doubted our pessimism…

Comment

Thoughts?
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Thoughts?
                You know, my opinion actually hasn’t changed. A pretty evenly played game and Wisky had little puck luck combined with another gem from Lethemon in net. Wisconsin has decent speed and plays a fairly aggressive style that MSU at times struggled with. Pretty sure you guys hit 3 posts tonight.

Nevertheless, I would not at all be opposed to seeing your struggles continue tomorrow night.

Comment

Well, heading towards the Christmas break, we’re officially in the B1G race to win it. It’ll be really tough but if Lethemon stays as hot as he’s been we’ll be in it until the final weekend, I bet.

Last night was a fantastic win. Another comeback win for a team who could probably count those on one hand the last several years. I know that’s not technically true but the point is that for a long time, when we got behind, we lost almost every time. This team is certainly resilient as Wisky’s tying goal didn’t even phase them. It certainly deflated me. Luckily, I’m allowed to be soft!

That third period was our best of the weekend and boy did we need it. Wisconsin was buzzing in that 2nd period to take a two goal lead.
                  Last edited by Pirateasaur; 12-08-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I agree on the resiliency factor, particularly in light of the expected but tragic-none-the-less passing of Tommy Apap's father. I'm sure like their basketball counterparts, the entire team is playing with a very heavy heart. Still, great to see them dig deep with some goal support for all of Lethemon's recent efforts.

Comment

Tied for second in the Big Ten and going into winter break the worst we could be is tied for third if ND sweeps PSU.

18th in the Pairwise with a some big non-conference games. ASU next week is ranked 9th in the Pairwise and Tech 14th. Good chances to boost the RPI.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Tied for second in the Big Ten and going into winter break the worst we could be is tied for third if ND sweeps PSU.

18th in the Pairwise with a some big non-conference games. ASU next week is ranked 9th in the Pairwise and Tech 14th. Good chances to boost the RPI.
                        It’s important we win these upcoming games because Notre Dame has done us no favors. I saw in the Wisconsin thread that their little slump has dropped us from 10th 18th in PWR. I know BG and BC are two very tough opponents but it would have been nice if the could have won a couple.

And of course, condolences to the Apap family. This has all certainly been very difficult for them.

Comment

It’s important we win these upcoming games because Notre Dame has done us no favors. I saw in the Wisconsin thread that their little slump has dropped us from 10th 18th in PWR. I know BG and BC are two very tough opponents but it would have been nice if the could have won a couple.

And of course, condolences to the Apap family. This has all certainly been very difficult for them.
                          And frankly a win is needed the second night of the GLI as well because Ferris and Michigan aren’t exactly setting the world on fire.

ASU should be a good series. It looks like they struggled early, but have found their footing now. 7-1-2 since their second series.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Looks like we will be missing someone for the GLI for the first time since 2007 when Abdelkader was on the team.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Looks like we will be missing someone for the GLI for the first time since 2007 when Abdelkader was on the team.

Perhaps. This is the preliminary roster. There will probably be 2 dmen cut before the first games after Christmas. While it would be a loss to not have Christian for the GLI, I'm still sending positive thoughts his way that he makes the final roster.

Comment

Those competing against Christian: Ty Emberson and K’Andre Miller of Wisconsin, Ryan Johnson of Minnesota, Cam York of Michigan, Spencer Stastney of Notre Dame, Alec Regula of London OHL, Zac Jones of UMass Amherst, and Mattias Samuelsson of WMU.

Interesting to see Wisconsin with 4 on the preliminary roster (with Turcotte and Caufield) and yet struggling to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X