• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Hell of a Saturday comeback, Sparty.
    Best of luck down the stretch.
    Thanks. Seems it's looking like one of those years where hockey is about the only thing about which we can be exited. Intrigued at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Thanks...crazy thing is that with 6 games to go either of our teams could finish anywhere from 1st to 6th. Only preseason over hyped Wisconsin is out of the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Several weeks ago during our first game at Munn, I thought this was easily the worst Minnesota team I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure how you guys feel about it now but it’s been quite a turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          Several weeks ago during our first game at Munn, I thought this was easily the worst Minnesota team I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure how you guys feel about it now but it’s been quite a turnaround.
          I've been quite pleased with the improvement. Many are pointing to the second game of that series as a key point thus far in the season.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

White out for Friday.

Hopefully the early start doesn’t affect attendance too much. It’s a sellout, but 6 o’clock starts always have some late arrivals.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It is now a literal sellout. Not even SRO available.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                It is now a literal sellout. Not even SRO available.

I will be out of town and I’m still really nervous for this game. It feels like the biggest we’ve played in years. I now realize how comfy it is when your team never plays for anything big and you accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  We will need a few more forwards, unless Cole is satisfied with putting in guys like Stachowiak and Smith every weekend and saving the spots for 2021.
                  It looks like Stachowiak left the team to go back to Germany and the DEL, so I guess he saw the writing on the wall.

Comment

Well, that was unfortunate. Gotta show up in Detroit or Big Ten hopes are probably gone.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Hey guys, I am a UM fan, was there taking my nephew (current MSU student), UM had a huge block of student tickets on the same end zone as the MSU students. And they took over the arena for most of the night (granted, the game dictated that). My question is this, is it normal to give UM a big block of tickets for the UM students (I know both teams do that in hoops, but both venues stick them up way high that it is hard to hear them), I was at the one UM-MSU game at Munn last year, and there was nothing close to that block of students. I go to most of the games at Yost, and I cannot recall any game where MSU students got a huge block of seats like that, and also when they took over the arena,
                      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Generally there aren’t any visiting students, so last night was a new one.

A few years ago, OSU brought a student section, but it was only about 20-30 people. For UM, there’s usually a row or two here and there where students bought some as a group, but nothing like getting entire blocks like last night.

As for MSU showing up to Yost, I’d be surprised if that happens. The student section cratered in support in the latter Anastos years and is just barely starting to recover. Maybe the success this year can help change that, but it’s been quite a few seasons since there was a coordinated group at the GLI or Detroit game, let alone a road game.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          I'm not aware of any new NLI signings for next season since what's been mentioned previously in this thread: 1G (Pierce Charleson); 2 Fs (Kristoff Papp and supposedly Kyle Haskins); and 2 D (Aiden Gallacher and Cal Dybicz). Remember that 2 of the graduating dmen don't ever play, so we're not losing as many impact players as it seems. That having been said, they do need at least one more D so I'm thinking they sign Powell Connor who's doing pretty well in the BCHL.
                          Tanner Latsch a Wisconsin decommit lists MSU on his Facebook page....4th line National Development team forward. Looks like he might be heading to East Lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            Tanner Latsch a Wisconsin decommit lists MSU on his Facebook page....4th line National Development team forward. Looks like he might be heading to East Lansing.
                            It must be a very recent development because he's uncommitted on last week's 5 Nations line-chart:

https://***********/USAHockeyNTDP/st...856896/photo/1

Even as a January '02 birth year it looks like he needs another year of seasoning in the USHL before he'd make any impact for us and, as you know, we need impact Fs for 2020-21.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                              It must be a very recent development because he's uncommitted on last week's 5 Nations line-chart:

https://***********/USAHockeyNTDP/st...856896/photo/1

Even as a January '02 birth year it looks like he needs another year of seasoning in the USHL before he'd make any impact for us and, as you know, we need impact Fs for 2020-21.
                              I agree I’ve seen no commitment, however, he does list MSU as his college. While only 18, I can see Cole bringing him in this year much like he did Nodler who was also 18. With Stachowiak gone and 3 more forwards graduating we need to bring in at least 3 forwards.

I’m not saying he will be here, but wouldn’t be surprised if he signs in April.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                                I agree I’ve seen no commitment, however, he does list MSU as his college. While only 18, I can see Cole bringing him in this year much like he did Nodler who was also 18. With Stachowiak gone and 3 more forwards graduating we need to bring in at least 3 forwards.

I’m not saying he will be here, but wouldn’t be surprised if he signs in April.
                                I'm not saying you're wrong and I won't be surprised if Latsch signs either, particularly since he's in our own backyard. And as you say, we desperately need to fill vacant F spots and Cole doesn't have too many options at this point. I'm just saying that Latsch's stats as compared to Nodler's last USHL season are underwhelming. If that's because Latsch has been relegated to the 4th line by the NTDP coach through no fault of his own, that will remain to be seen. Obviously the Badgers took a hard pass or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                X