X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Car Companies don't care about the environment either.
    Is there a link to this?

My first suspicion is that they'd like a uniform standard for future fuel efficiency and environmental/emissions requirements, not that they're going to rollback their current systems designs.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Is there a link to this?

My first suspicion is that they'd like a uniform standard for future fuel efficiency and environmental/emissions requirements, not that they're going to rollback their current systems designs.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/c...ons-trump.html
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I can't open that link.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

I can't open that link.
          Search General Motors sides with Trump. Here's another source.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...ota-trump-epa/
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And form another source...

https://politicalwire.com/2019/10/28...ssions-battle/

“General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota and other auto giants said they were intervening on the side of the Trump administration on Monday in an escalating battle with California over fuel economy standards for automobiles,” the New York Times reports.

“Their decision pits them squarely against some of their peers, including Honda and Ford, who this year reached a deal to follow California’s stricter rules.”

Comment

Search General Motors sides with Trump. Here's another source.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/c...ota-trump-epa/
              And the motive is buried in the story.

https://thehill.com/regulation/energ...nst-california

The Coalition for Sustainable Automotive Regulation, which also includes Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Isuzu, Maserati, Ferrari and others, also declared it stood with the Trump administration in the legal dispute.
              “The certainty of one national program, with reasonable, achievable standards, is the surest way to reduce emissions in the timeliest manner,” John Bozzella, CEO of Global Automakers and spokesman for the coalition, told the AP. “With our industry facing the possibility of multiple, overlapping and inconsistent standards that drive up costs and penalize consumers, we had an obligation to intervene.”

Comment

LOL

That motive makes no sense. There is no inconsistency if you hit the high water mark.

Comment

LOL

That motive makes no sense. There is no inconsistency if you hit the high water mark.
                  Look through a new vehicle brochure. Many manufacturers still make cars of the same model that conform to US standards and others with optional equipment to conform to CA standards. While I think they should all conform to CA standards as a base, like Subaru does, it would be both better for the environment and on an economic level as well.

For the long game on this, we're going to see the next administration push to bring the USA up to CA's current standards.

Comment

Look through a new vehicle brochure. Many manufacturers still make cars of the same model that conform to US standards and others with optional equipment to conform to CA standards. While I think they should all conform to CA standards as a base, like Subaru does, it would be both better for the environment and on an economic level as well.

For the long game on this, we're going to see the next administration push to bring the USA up to CA's current standards.
                    Yes, exactly. So, all of these companies backing Trump want to set the clock back. I'm assuming, easy assumption, that the profit margin on the Non-California standard cars/trucks are higher. Shareholders and CEO's get more then, and we all get to die sooner. So, it's a win win for the car makers to digress the standards.

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily "rolling the clock back" versus just stopping the clock from moving forward.

Especially now that GM and Fiat/Chrysler is getting their a**es handed to them by the UAW and the Yuuuge downturn the car market is taking.

Not thrilled myself in reading that, but, well, par for this administration's course.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Opening statement by Alexander Vindman

On July 10, 2019, Oleksandr Danylyuk, the Secretary of the National Security and
                        Defense Council for Ukraine, visited Washington, D.C. for a meeting with National
                        Security Advisor Bolton. Ambassadors Volker and Sondland also attended, along
                        with Energy Secretary Rick Perry.
                        The meeting proceeded well until the Ukrainians broached the subject of a meeting
                        between the two presidents. The Ukrainians saw this meeting as critically
                        important in order to solidify the support of their most important international
                        partner. Amb. Sondland started to speak about Ukraine delivering specific
                        investigations in order to secure the meeting with the President, at which time
                        Ambassador Bolton cut the meeting short.
                        Following this meeting, there was a scheduled debriefing during which Amb.
                        Sondland emphasized the importance that Ukraine deliver the investigations into
                        the 2016 election, the Bidens, and Burisma. I stated to Amb. Sondland that his
                        statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son
                        had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not
                        something the NSC was going to get involved in or push. Dr. Hill then entered the
                        room and asserted to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate.
                        Following the debriefing meeting, I reported my concerns to the NSC’s lead
                        counsel. Dr. Hill also reported the incident to the NSC’s lead counsel.
                        --
                        Election Call – July 25, 2019
                        I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign
                        government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for
                        the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an
                        investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a
                        partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan
                        support it has thus far maintained. This would all undermine U.S. national security.
                        Following the call, I again reported my concerns to NSC’s lead counsel.

Comment

This is why it's a stupid bet by the ones siding with Trump. We've discussed this before. California makes up 14.5% of the US economy. It's the fifth largest in the world. It has the strength to change the world's heading. They are also going to battle with the #2, #5, and #7 car companies AND public opinion. It's not easy to forecast that people living in the most liberal states are going to have issues with this and might not want to buy cars that are ****ing us all in the ***. California could easily find other ways to increase costs on companies that don't have stringent emissions standards.

Trump is a blip. He's temporary. California isn't going anywhere. And public opinion is getting more liberal when it comes to climate change. This is a really bad bet by those companies.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Jesus...at least the mob puts half an effort into hiding their actions. These guys not only say what they are doing, but they then repeat themselves louder just in case anyone missed their shenanigans
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Jesus...at least the mob puts half an effort into hiding their actions. These guys not only say what they are doing, but they then repeat themselves louder just in case anyone missed their shenanigans
                              It's really their only defense at this point. The actions they were originally accused of have been proven to be true and backed up by multiple witnesses.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Trump is attempting to normalize it. That's how he gets away with everything. Everyone does it. I did it in plain sight. There's nothing wrong with what I did because everyone does it. See, I'll do it again. Etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X