X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.60: He's Such A Delicate Boy and a Hysterical Man

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Who would buy a photo of Melania Trump? There are literally millions of photos of Melania on the internet in the public domain, including her nudes.
    In order to publish, either online or print, you have to license the photo. That's her "selling" of photos where she's making the money.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      In order to publish, either online or print, you have to license the photo. That's her "selling" of photos where she's making the money.
      If you shoot a photo of a public figure you need their licensing to publish it? I can only imagine that's true if you want to sell it, and... reductio ad absurdum.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you shoot a photo of a public figure you need their licensing to publish it? I can only imagine that's true if you want to sell it, and... reductio ad absurdum.
        She selling licenses to her photos from prior to her FLOTUS days. Those would have to have been taken for consideration of for-profit photo sessions.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          She selling licenses to her photos from prior to her FLOTUS days. Those would have to have been taken for consideration of for-profit photo sessions.
          So, people who want pics from when she was still sort of hot.

Here, for example, she looks like a less feminine Robert Sean Leonard (holy sh-t, that's Wilson!):

OK, I think I get that now. Although I would think there are still plenty you can just pull from open source.
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-29-2019, 03:38 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, people who want pics from when she was still sort of hot.

Here, for exam-le, she looks like a slightly less attractive Clare Grgoan from Altered Images:

OK, I think I get that now. Although I would think there are still plenty you can just pull from open source.
            Sure, but you're not trying to reproduce them in a for-profit medium, be it a magazine or news outlet. There's a difference between what you and I do with them, and what CNN, MSNBC, Comso, etc. do with them.

Comment

Remember when the GOP was all up in arms cause of lack of transparency:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can you imagine Fox and Hate Radio if this had happened during a Democratic administration in a Democratically-controlled state?
                Cornell University

Comment

Stories like this make me want to cry: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...with-100-rates
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Who would buy a photo of Melania Trump? There are literally millions of photos of Melania on the internet in the public domain, including her nudes.
                    brb
                    -mookie

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        LOL, wow.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          LOL, wow.
                          Yeah. It's funny but also just f c ing depressing.

Not him. The 60+ million fu kwits who continue to support him. Our neighbors, bankers, bosses, preachers, relatives and, in some cases, friends.
                          Last edited by burd; 10-29-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Halloween is hard

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              WRT vehicle emissions. Right now, all cars sold in the US are sold under the LEVIII laws for California and the other Green States, and Tier 3 for the rest of the US. And the way Tier 3 rules are written, all cars sold in the US right now are LEVIII compliant. And they will following the CA rules for the foreseeable future.

This is for HC, NOx, and CO.

When it comes to CO2, that really has not been settled 100% if California gets to have the rules or not. And here's the paradoxical part- GM, Toyota, and the rest are likely arguing for the US standard for CO2, and RIGHT NOW, that STILL is Obama era rules. While dumpy has said he will roll them back, that has not happened, and is very, very unlikely to actually happen. The administration needs hard science to prove that the rules can be relaxed, and we know that's not going to happen.

So it *seems* as if some of the car companies are siding with dumpy, but the *current* reality is that they are siding with Obama over California.
                              Thank you for the info, alfa. It's appreciated.

I'm looking at the consumer side of things, currently. Say you get transferred to CA, but you can't have the same vehicle...guess what I'm negotiating in my transfer if at all possible? That COULD create a bit of financial strain for some people, you know?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Thank you for the info, alfa. It's appreciated.

I'm looking at the consumer side of things, currently. Say you get transferred to CA, but you can't have the same vehicle...guess what I'm negotiating in my transfer if at all possible? That COULD create a bit of financial strain for some people, you know?
                                From what I understand, transplants to CA are allowed to bring in one car, with a fee. Not sure what the maintenance requirements are- as I know CA has some pretty tight requirements. But most people who move to CA are doing it for a job, anyway, so you will have money. A car would be the least of your worries.

Being a car guy, it's funny how people think CA is the worst state ever- including fellow car people. But it's also one of the most vibrant car cultures in the world. Roadkill is from there, as are most of the hot rod and racing magazines.

Comment

Working...
                                X