Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Historic LIU Sharks

Thanks IT guy!

p.s. All I want to keep from the original thread is the word Penetanguishene.
    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 10-19-2019, 11:22 PM.

Re: The Historic LIU Sharks

Nice to see that the team is getting some love (coverage) from the local newspapers.....hopefully they can build a fan base and following! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      Nice to see that the team is getting some love (coverage) from the local newspapers.....hopefully they can build a fan base and following! Best of luck!
      You're not going to tell me the Brooklyn Eagle is still publishing!?

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
        You're not going to tell me the Brooklyn Eagle is still publishing!?
        Yes, you are. Amazing!
        Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 10-28-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I don’t want to let this past weekend go by without calling attention to

LIU 10 - POST 0

Are the Sharks going to change their name to the Eastern Badgers? Probably not. Is the New York Islanders rink going to become LaBahn East, with an attendance figure of 39 on Saturday? I doubt it. But for anyone who has witnessed the development of a program from the ground up (39 would have packed the house at my girls’ high school rink) this is a reminder of the wonderful whirligig that is women’s hockey, and of the fact that from the number one team down to the number one hundred there’s a certain kind of determination that bonds everyone on the ice - - - win, lose or draw.

I’m not becoming a follower of LIU, and I’m not starting a thread for Post (who are known as the Eagles ) but this six degrees of separation is worth a mention.

Comment

I agree that this six degrees of separation is worth a mention and it is not dependent are you a follower of LIU or not.

Comment

Just keeping this thread warm for more historic news tomorrow.

(a tip o the hat to robertearle)
              Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 02-22-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                Just keeping this thread warm for more historic news tomorrow.

(a tip o the hat to robertearle)
                It's all self-interest. A successful LIU helps Wisconsin's RPI.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  A successful LIU helps Wisconsin's RPI.
                  Is that true? For the RPI shown on USCHO, Minnesota's RPI includes the asterisk indicating it has "been adjusted to remove negative effect from defeating weak opponent." The lowest RPI opponent that UM played was SCSU. If defeating SCSU hurts Minnesota's RPI, I would think that it also hurts Wisconsin's higher RPI. St. Cloud has a higher RPI than both LIU and Lindenwood.

USCHO's RPI calculation could be off, but I think that it is likely that LIU success only helps Wisconsin once LIU reaches a certain threshold.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    once LIU reaches a certain threshold.

I don’t know whether Coach Morgan is going to channel Herb Brooks’ line “You were meant to be here” in the locker room before today’s Sharks game, almost 40 years to the day after the Miracle on Ice, and a win here of course won’t be anything like that miracle, but a team that played a weekend series with Wisconsin last October and was outscored 22-2 and was outshot 144-19 is playing for its new league's championship, and the fact that they are not even relative stars but a sub-.500 team adds to the beauty of it all: a motley assortment from Kopmanholmen to Pasadena, Hvidovre to Essex Junction, Hong Kong to Staten Island, not to mention Penetanguishine to Hudson, WI, continuing to give their all for women’s hockey. Picture, if you can, these kids getting off the Q train at the corner of DeKalb and Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn while thinking about working on their special teams play. Win or lose, some of you younger than I might be wondering one day whether the NCAA, for bracket integrity, should bus the Sharks to Boston or fly them to Madison.
                    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 02-23-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Is that true? For the RPI shown on USCHO, Minnesota's RPI includes the asterisk indicating it has "been adjusted to remove negative effect from defeating weak opponent." The lowest RPI opponent that UM played was SCSU. If defeating SCSU hurts Minnesota's RPI, I would think that it also hurts Wisconsin's higher RPI. St. Cloud has a higher RPI than both LIU and Lindenwood.

USCHO's RPI calculation could be off, but I think that it is likely that LIU success only helps Wisconsin once LIU reaches a certain threshold.
                      Probably so. It was more a joke than anything.

Comment

Exciting championship game, scoreless after one, with 4:30 left on a St. A’s major.
                        Try it, you’ll like it.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/s...reamType=video

Comment

"2020 belongs to LIU" NEWHA champs, 1-0.

Comment

What a week for the Sharks. They played well beyond their experience level today - for a team of underclassmen who literally had never been there before, they were poised and controlled and didn't panic. I was so impressed with how they moved and held the puck and held on to the lead. What a tournament for Kenzie Harmison. Congratulations!
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                              What a week for the Sharks. They played well beyond their experience level today - for a team of underclassmen who literally had never been there before, they were poised and controlled and didn't panic. I was so impressed with how they moved and held the puck and held on to the lead. What a tournament for Kenzie Harmison. Congratulations!
                              Harmison was outstanding, and with eighteen freshmen Rob Morgan must be some sort of master builder. I hope MJ sent them all congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X