The Historic LIU Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Historic LIU Sharks

Congrats to the Sharks! Great to see a team that doesn’t listen to anyone’s expectations, but simply enjoying the game and their teammates! 💪💪💪🏒🥅👏👏👏👏
    I apologize but does this give them an auto-bid to the NCAA’s? 🙏🙏🙏

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      I apologize but does this give them an auto-bid to the NCAA’s? 🙏🙏🙏
      I believe that under the current rules, the six-team core of a conference must compete together for two years before it becomes eligible for an auto bid. So the winner of the 2022 tourney would likely get into the national tournament.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        I believe that under the current rules, the six-team core of a conference must compete together for two years before it becomes eligible for an auto bid. So the winner of the 2022 tourney would likely get into the national tournament.
        Wasn't there some discussion of a "play-in" game? NEWHA vs CHA (usually, anyway) to be the #8 team in the regular field?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Wasn't there some discussion of a "play-in" game? NEWHA vs CHA (usually, anyway) to be the #8 team in the regular field?
          There was speculation about expanding the field to account for a new auto bid. I haven't yet seen any announcement from the NCAA, and we likely wouldn't for another year plus, that such an expansion was coming. In any case, the NEWHA team would still be part of the NCAA Tournament field, just not necessarily into the quarterfinal round.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Thanks guys.....Sam Faber is an assistant coach with the team......I’ll see if she has any further insights.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              In any case, the NEWHA team would still be part of the NCAA Tournament field, just not necessarily into the quarterfinal round.
              From what I've been told this is not necessarily true. While expansion and an autobid are on the table, the NCAA has told the NEWHA folks that getting an autobid is *not* a guarantee in two years when they are eligible.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
              X