Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Perhaps the maroon will come back if a better the product is available, but I doubt money will be spent to replace a shirt which is only a few years old.
    They DID spend the money to replace the maroons with the “new” gold ones, so they COULD have spent it on maroon.
    If they had done the throwback jerseys correctly , they would have been perfect in the maroon version. But they modified them so much that they weren’t a decent imitation.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
      I hate the grey (home) camos; it doesn’t have a military appearance. As you said, looks more like hunting. I do, however, like the green (road) camos.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what we think about the jerseys (saying this to myself as well), and the jerseys don’t matter if the product on the ice is good!
      There have been historically some really bad sweaters, but one common theme among the bad ones was that the numbers were really hard to read - I remember the year that the maroons had a number font that looked like it was "hijacked" from NASCAR. They were all slanty and you couldn't tell a 1 from a 4 from a 7.

I do think that the school colors should be prominent. If you want a camo pattern, have one of the colors be maroon or gold. That would be unique, and something like that might be "inspiring" to the recruits.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        There have been historically some really bad sweaters, but one common theme among the bad ones was that the numbers were really hard to read - I remember the year that the maroons had a number font that looked like it was "hijacked" from NASCAR. They were all slanty and you couldn't tell a 1 from a 4 from a 7.

I do think that the school colors should be prominent. If you want a camo pattern, have one of the colors be maroon or gold. That would be unique, and something like that might be "inspiring" to the recruits.
        So it’s funny you bring up the “nascar” slanty numbers. Technically that’s Norwich’s official number style/font that almost no team follows anymore.

When I first got here, baseball, softball, women’s lacrosse, men’s hockey, women’s hockey, men’s and women’s soccer to name a few all followed the style.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          They DID spend the money to replace the maroons with the “new” gold ones, so they COULD have spent it on maroon.
          If they had done the throwback jerseys correctly , they would have been perfect in the maroon version. But they modified them so much that they weren’t a decent imitation.
          I could certainly be wrong, but I believe the funding came from different areas. I know men’s hockey has done a lot with auctions to finance jerseys, etc. I’m quite certain that’s how they raised funds for the throwback sweater. Chances are the athletic department purchased the whites/maroons and the “alternates” were fund raised. When I said I doubt they’d pay to replace the new-ish maroons, I meant the athletic department.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post

Football wore a maroon/gold camo pattern twice this fall. Once with maroon pants, and once with white.Did you happen to see them? Looked pretty good; much better than I thought they would when I heard about them.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              So it’s funny you bring up the “nascar” slanty numbers. Technically that’s Norwich’s official number style/font that almost no team follows anymore.

When I first got here, baseball, softball, women’s lacrosse, men’s hockey, women’s hockey, men’s and women’s soccer to name a few all followed the style.
              Oy Vey...when your fans are worried about the look of sweaters, that tells me the team is taking care of business....I'd be happy if the Lakers skated in green and gold pj's if it meant wins.....
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                Oy Vey...when your fans are worried about the look of sweaters, that tells me the team is taking care of business....I'd be happy if the Lakers skated in green and gold pj's if it meant wins.....
                We’re a picky bunch

Comment

If the new golds become the primary road jerseys, I'm good with that. I too just prefer seeing the school colors prominently displayed. If that means that they emphasize the gold over the maroon, so be it, the golds looked really sharp. With that said, while I like the maroons, I wasn't a huge fan of the new ones. I don't know anything about the material, but it irked me that the whites and maroons had different base designs. The old maroons with the gold shoulders, as opposed to the new ones with the gold and white stripes, looked better - and mirrored the home whites.
                  Last edited by NU Pastime; 01-07-2020, 11:35 PM.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    If the new golds become the primary road jerseys, I'm good with that. I too just prefer seeing the school colors prominently displayed. If that means that they emphasize the gold over the maroon, so be it, the golds looked really sharp. With that said, while I like the maroons, I wasn't a huge fan of the new ones. I don't know anything about the material, but it irked me that the whites and maroons had different base designs. The old maroons with the gold shoulders, as opposed to the new ones with the gold and white stripes, looked better - and mirrored the home whites.
                    So far it appears that the new gold sweaters are the home ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                      I think, like the grey camos in years past, the gold might become the "swing" jersey. Worn both at home and on the road. I'm just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                        I think, like the grey camos in years past, the gold might become the "swing" jersey. Worn both at home and on the road. I'm just speculating.
                        Depending on who you are playing, gold can be considered either light or dark. I know in the past there have been teams who wore gold both at home and away. As long as you aren't playing another team with the same idea.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Flint, thoughts on last night’s game? Appeared Krollis got another chance, but..... didn’t see much ice time? Your insight would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                            Norwich has four jerseys at its disposal.

The regular white jerseys with the horse and rider logo.
                            The new gold jerseys
                            white/gray camo
                            green camo

The current maroons won't be used again most likely and the throwback white Norwich script jerseys were auctioned off. However, I think they'll be making an appearance again in the future as they were a big hit.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
                              Flint, thoughts on last night’s game? Appeared Krollis got another chance, but..... didn’t see much ice time? Your insight would be appreciated.
                              Obviously, I think having Downs and Boucher back is big. It's gonna be a while before Borduas returns. I was impressed with Mike Korol. Hasn't gotten a ton of ice time in his career, but works extremely hard on and off the ice. Great, high character kid. I was really hoping he'd find the back of the net, as I thought he had some great shifts. I did notice Krollis made an appearance. I didn't think he stood out either way, positively or negatively. Coach Ellsworth has preached depth and opportunity from day one. Guys will get a shot at some point, and should be ready to take advantage when it comes.

Overall, I was really happy to see Jordan Hall score. I think he's a critical piece to the offensive puzzle. It was nice to see the boys put up a 5 spot too.

Finally, there are a bunch of really good players out there, but how freakin good is Gabriel Chicoine??

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                Depending on who you are playing, gold can be considered either light or dark. I know in the past there have been teams who wore gold both at home and away. As long as you aren't playing another team with the same idea.
                                Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X