Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    Great saves by Aubrun, some great defensive plays & blocked shots, only minimal mistakes, great PK, great PP, and GREAT TEAM WORK 100% OF THE TIME! Excellent game against NEC tonight CADETS. At times again tonight, I thought I was watching a game from March 2019! Every one of the four Forward Lines and all three of the Defensive Lines contributed to the 7 Goals 14 Assists Shut Out. In more ways than just points. While 13 players gained points, the other 8 players were quietly doing their jobs and creating potential plays, blocking shots, being where they should be, good fore checking and making great passes. Aubrun was stellar in controlling his rebounds. It is awesome how well you played together in such a short time. Pride has indeed been retained at Kreitzberg Coach Ellsworth, as evidenced by the work ethic of the whole team, their strong Captains, and their skilled coaches. Great watching all of you! Proud of you guys, keep on rolling!

Refs were too lax at times, were too quick to call at other times. They almost lost control of the game with all the frustration that was occurring on the ice in the 3rd period. Pretty much the game I thought NEC would bring, although I think they were a bit cleaner (than usual) in the first and second period. Norwich had some "Silly" penalties.... although some might have been "Silly"on the Ref's part.

Be your best tomorrow Cadets, I'll be watching.
    Doesn't seem to change with NEC. Not sure what's in the water down in Henniker, but for decades it seems they have played on the edge against the Cadets.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

An idle question,who gets the revenue for the on-air ads that are played by George Como during the action? The radio station, who I assume pays Norwich for the broadcasts; Norwich, who pays for the air time; or NSN who provides the signal?
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        An idle question,who gets the revenue for the on-air ads that are played by George Como during the action? The radio station, who I assume pays Norwich for the broadcasts; Norwich, who pays for the air time; or NSN who provides the signal?
        It's not NSN, since NSN doesn't have involvement with Norwich any more. Norwich is paying Blueframe to stream the game but owns the stream. Maybe DEV gives Norwich a cut of the revenue (or not).
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'll be honest, haven't been able to watch the team yet. Been more focused on the football team and was up in New Mexico with the family this weekend. But next weekend I'll get the grill going early to watch the football team close out and the season and for the first big roadtrip of the year for hockey. Sounds like this team is a contender!
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Are the games going to be available on demand like in the past? I don't always get to see the games but loved to watch them(as well as other teams) but my schedule is 2nd shift so I can't never watch them live

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
              Are the games going to be available on demand like in the past? I don't always get to see the games but loved to watch them(as well as other teams) but my schedule is 2nd shift so I can't never watch them live
              Our men’s hockey games have not been available after the fact for quite some time unless there was a glitch with the Roku app through NSN. After the 2011-12 season we stopped making them available after the fact because our coaching staffs across all sports did not want all of our games out there across the board for scouting purposes.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Our men’s hockey games have not been available after the fact for quite some time unless there was a glitch with the Roku app through NSN. After the 2011-12 season we stopped making them available after the fact because our coaching staffs across all sports did not want all of our games out there across the board for scouting purposes.
                I think there might have been a glitch, I know I saw at least couple games over the last year couple years...No worries, I understand why you can't have them on demand, just stinks for us 2nd shift workers...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                  I think there might have been a glitch, I know I saw at least couple games over the last year couple years...No worries, I understand why you can't have them on demand, just stinks for us 2nd shift workers...
                  We might an option available for you in the near future...stay tuned.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    We might an option available for you in the near future...stay tuned.
                    Sounds good, looking forward to it!

Comment

Trying to view tonights game... no video link on Norwich schedule (in fact entire schedule is blank) and can't access from Hobart website either... can listen to WDEV live stream but video would be nice... anyone know what is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                        Trying to view tonights game... no video link on Norwich schedule (in fact entire schedule is blank) and can't access from Hobart website either... can listen to WDEV live stream but video would be nice... anyone know what is going on?
                        There is a link on the schedule page. Perhaps your internet?

That said, the video feed shows warm ups while the live stats have the game half way through the first

Comment

We're watching it. Wife found it on Foxfire? I couldn't get it to load on the Hobart web site.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                            We're watching it. Wife found it on Foxfire? I couldn't get it to load on the Hobart web site.
                            Do you have the link? I stream stuff all the time and usually use the Norwich schedule as a starting point but when I load it it the content is totally blank screen.

Comment

It's the Hobart site, looks just like the one that you access through the Norwich page. I'm computer illiterate and can't help anymore than that, sorry.

Comment

It's a Firestick (?) my wife got from Amazon. Hooks into the smart TV and has a lot of different options. I'm clueless on that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X