Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    Thanks to Puck Voice and Prez for keeping us posted about the Cadets exhibition games! Some of us are just too far away to drive to the games as much as we may like to. I understand there is a new company producing the game videos. Can we still log on to it via the schedule link and will we hear George announcing. Hope so... can't wait to watch on Saturday Night. Also, I noticed that Jake Erickson is no longer on the roster...What Happened? He was a more than decent defenseman and I will miss watching him on the ice. Hope all is well with him.
    I will be back doing the games ...
    As to Jake he completed his classes and earned his degree this past spring.
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 10-28-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Thanks George, glad to hear Jake is well and graduated. Best of luck to him.

I will look forward to listening to you broadcast the game Sat Night. You're the best
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Thanks to Puck Voice and Prez for keeping us posted about the Cadets exhibition games! Some of us are just too far away to drive to the games as much as we may like to. I understand there is a new company producing the game videos. Can we still log on to it via the schedule link and will we hear George announcing. Hope so... can't wait to watch on Saturday Night. Also, I noticed that Jake Erickson is no longer on the roster...What Happened? He was a more than decent defenseman and I will miss watching him on the ice. Hope all is well with him.
        Correct, you can still go right onto the schedule and click the video link for each game and it will take you to that video stream.

The link to bookmark for all HOME Norwich games is www.norwichathletics.com/livestream
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Correct, you can still go right onto the schedule and click the video link for each game and it will take you to that video stream.

The link to bookmark for all HOME Norwich games is www.norwichathletics.com/livestream
          Hey Prez -- Any idea if there will be a roku or appletv app for the BlueFrame stream? I know they have produced one for other clients...

thx!
          r

Comment

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20191031jr3hdx

Comment

Good game last night Cadets! Considering that it was the season opener, it was actually a great one as the team for the most part played together as if they had played all summer long! Even the Freshman forward Aubin looked like he had been on the team last year! Too many dirty hits from UNE, the last cross check by the Norwich bench was so high up that I thought it hit our player's neck/head. Their boarding penalties were equally dangerous. Hope UNE learns from this before anyone gets seriously hurt! PK was great and the PP looked good. My only concern was breaking out from the defensive zone which sometimes looked great and a few times awful. Passes were a little off at times. Then again, UNE was really pressing, so as an arm chair coach...what do I know? All in all, I think it was a great start to a new season, bring on the conference, we are ready!

Good video and sound, very little buffering and it was great to hear George and Cory. Yes, it was on Roku, loved watching it on the big screen!

Comment

Good game last night Cadets! Considering that it was the season opener, it was actually a great one as the team for the most part played together as if they had played all summer long! Even the Freshman forward Aubin looked like he had been on the team last year! Too many dirty hits from UNE, the last cross check by the Norwich bench was so high up that I thought it hit our player's neck/head. Their boarding penalties were equally dangerous. Hope UNE learns from this before anyone gets seriously hurt! PK was great and the PP looked good. My only concern was breaking out from the defensive zone which sometimes looked great and a few times awful. Passes were a little off at times. Then again, UNE was really pressing, so as an arm chair coach...what do I know? All in all, I think it was a great start to a new season, bring on the conference, we are ready!

Good video and sound, very little buffering and it was great to hear George and Cory. Yes, it was on Roku, loved watching it on the big screen!
                👍🏻
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Pretty much exactly how I felt about the game. Was definitely worried about someone getting hurt...a lot of high hits and boarding but I expected it to be a rough game with ending their season suddenly last year. I will give UNE credit though at the end of the game the clocked ticked down as we held it against the boards and I was worried a little scrum might break out but they accepted defeat and didn’t resort to anything unsportsmanlike. Power Play had some great movement....if we could get it in our zone that is. Not sure if it’s the narrow ice at the arena or what but we always seem to have trouble getting set up or entering the zone on the power play. Didn’t expect to win by any more than two goals coming into the game so was very satisfied with the result. Excited to watch this team keep getting better! Didn’t watch the feed as I was there live but I heard the quality was great from others.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    Pretty much exactly how I felt about the game. Was definitely worried about someone getting hurt...a lot of high hits and boarding but I expected it to be a rough game with ending their season suddenly last year. I will give UNE credit though at the end of the game the clocked ticked down as we held it against the boards and I was worried a little scrum might break out but they accepted defeat and didn’t resort to anything unsportsmanlike. Power Play had some great movement....if we could get it in our zone that is. Not sure if it’s the narrow ice at the arena or what but we always seem to have trouble getting set up or entering the zone on the power play. Didn’t expect to win by any more than two goals coming into the game so was very satisfied with the result. Excited to watch this team keep getting better! Didn’t watch the feed as I was there live but I heard the quality was great from others.
                    Watched the stream from a car during a very long drive, very far from Northfield. Zero issues.

Comment

What's the ROKU app? I would love to not have to unplug my ROKU and plug in my computer.
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        What's the ROKU app? I would love to not have to unplug my ROKU and plug in my computer.
                        If your computer has blue tooth you can cast to the Roku Media App. I did it to see my hometown HS team football game on Friday.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          I brought my Roku device from Walmart for about $25. You plug it in to your HDMI port on the TV and it has a number of programs you can run like Netflex, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, etc. Those you need a subscription for, but others are free, like Spectrum and NSN. Click on the NSN icon and then click College. You will see a listing of up coming or recent games. The Norwich game was broadcast live with George and Cory on Audio and within a 1/2 hour after broadcast, it was available for on demand. I don't think you need to pay anything to watch on demand, at least I have not experienced that. I have a 52 inch TV which is much better than my 17 inch monitor! Hope this gives you the info you need.

Comment

I brought my Roku device from Walmart for about $25. You plug it in to your HDMI port on the TV and it has a number of programs you can run like Netflex, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, etc. Those you need a subscription for, but others are free, like Spectrum and NSN. Click on the NSN icon and then click College. You will see a listing of up coming or recent games. The Norwich game was broadcast live with George and Cory on Audio and within a 1/2 hour after broadcast, it was available for on demand. I don't think you need to pay anything to watch on demand, at least I have not experienced that. I have a 52 inch TV which is much better than my 17 inch monitor! Hope this gives you the info you need.
                            Norwich isn't using NSN for streaming anymore, were you just getting the audio?

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

r
                              Apparently Blueframe videos are on NSN. I got audio and video

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

r
                                I watched part of the replay on NSN. Had audio & video.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X