Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Originally posted by peddler View Post
    Anyone notice that Babson lost to Southern Maine (our next opponent) tonight. 3-2 at Babson
    And the last time they played USM they tied 2-2

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
      CU didn't really "goon it up", they actually played a relatively tame game. They knew they were toast after trailing 4-0, and they played relatively clean hockey throughout the rest of the game.
      Just curious did you watch it online? Maybe a lot of it was off screen as a majority was after the play was already dead. A lot of late/high hits and hitting after the whistle even after the game was well over. Griffin finally had to step in and show them we weren’t going to let them take free hits all game, was a malicious hit on Ryan Boucher and happy he stepped up for his teammate! Perhaps ‘gooning it up’ was a strong term on my behalf but if anyone in that rink argued Castleton played a ‘clean’ game I’d be very concerned.

Regardless Norwich played amazing and thought they did a good job of playing their game and not getting wrapped into the silly games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
        Just curious did you watch it online? Maybe a lot of it was off screen as a majority was after the play was already dead. A lot of late/high hits and hitting after the whistle even after the game was well over. Griffin finally had to step in and show them we weren’t going to let them take free hits all game, was a malicious hit on Ryan Boucher and happy he stepped up for his teammate! Perhaps ‘gooning it up’ was a strong term on my behalf but if anyone in that rink argued Castleton played a ‘clean’ game I’d be very concerned.

Regardless Norwich played amazing and thought they did a good job of playing their game and not getting wrapped into the silly games.
        The box score confirms your choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          7-0 now. God, I love watching Norwich slaughter castleton in anything
          Truer words have rarely been spoken.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
            With all due respect, castleton absolutely tried to go the goon route. I don’t know how anyone could come out of that game feeling any differently.
            In my seat I could see that you were both right ... Castleton as a rule night to night has really cleaned up their act in recent years and I really think that was the way they started out last night. But as the Cadets took over the game and the deficit mounted frustration set in and with it came the cheap stuff. They also didn't like some of the calls and that just compounded the situation. So in the end they were looking like the Spartans of old.
            In the late going Coach Elsworth was keeping guys like Chicoine and Borduas on the bench ... smart call.

Comment

Great to See 7 Goals scored at South end of "The Berg" last night from Section 20
              Steve Day(NU71)
              Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                Anyone notice that Babson lost to Southern Maine (our next opponent) tonight. 3-2 at Babson
                Thanks to So. Maine for giving Hobart one more home game. Hope we get past New England for a rematch with the Cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                  Great to See 7 Goals scored at South end of "The Berg" last night from Section 20
                  You still need a goal cannon.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

5-0 Norwich over USM. We get Hobart in our barn next Saturday for the Championship. BTW, it will be a double header as the Norwich Women play for their league championship at 3:00 PM
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                      5-0 Norwich over USM. We get Hobart in our barn next Saturday for the Championship. BTW, it will be a double header as the Norwich Women play for their league championship at 3:00 PM
                      This one will be for bragging rights for both teams. Winner gets the Autobid, loser gets a Pool C slot
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Holy crap! Just realized; eighth shutout in a row by NU. Even this loyal OSU Laker fan thinks that's pretty **** impressive no matter who you play. Should be a good one with Hobart next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                          Holy crap! Just realized; eighth shutout in a row by NU. Even this loyal OSU Laker fan thinks that's pretty **** impressive no matter who you play. Should be a good one with Hobart next weekend.
                          The last Hobart game was the start of the shutout streak. Should be a great game next weekend. Impressive defense and goaltending for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            This one will be for bragging rights for both teams. Winner gets the Autobid, loser gets a Pool C slot
                            +1
                            Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

Congratulations to Norwich for a very impressive win and shutout streak. The Statesmen will try their best Saturday since we started the list of victims to break the streak. Hoping for a classic game on Saturday in Vermont by the "no stars" Statesmen in their attempt to get the puck past that seemingly impenetrable Aubrun led defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                                Congratulations to Norwich for a very impressive win and shutout streak. The Statesmen will try their best Saturday since we started the list of victims to break the streak. Hoping for a classic game on Saturday in Vermont by the "no stars" Statesmen in their attempt to get the puck past that seemingly impenetrable Aubrun led defense.
                                Can’t wait for another chapter in the Hobart/Norwich rivalry. 3 straight years playing for an autobid. Each team with one victory. Should be another classic showdown between the two best teams in the league once again.

Hoping for a big crowd but going to need the locals to come out and support in droves with the students going on break.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X