Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

SportsCenter Top 10 plays - #6. Nicely done, Prez...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I was able to watch the second period last night. Good, hard-hitting hockey. Cadets with a number of chances and were able to captilaize off of two. The passing was crisp, leading to opportunities on odd-man breaks. Middlebury definitely with a get the puck to the net and swarm mentality, which worked in the first game. Almost worked more this game, too. They're definitely much-improved.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I’m super frustrated...I’m guessing my frustration is being amplified by how obnoxious the USM play by play guy is*

*I do appreciate his enthusiasm for his team

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          I’m super frustrated...I’m guessing my frustration is being amplified by how obnoxious the USM play by play guy is*

The inability of this team to put the puck in the net is truly perplexing. Plenty of chances. Skating circles around their opponent. Can't score.
          Norwich '13

Comment

Final 2-2 TIE
            Steve Day(NU71)
            Go Cadets

Comment

I was impressed with USM’s goalie

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

The man channels his inner Johnny Most!

Comment

Heading into the third down 2-0...I'll take a tie.

I thought Norwich looked sharp all night. They were really pressing USM all through the second until they got pulled in a little too deep and got bit on the 2-1 to go down 2-0. Follow that up with back-to-back overlapping penalties and it looked like it was going to be one of those nights. Proud of the team for continuing to press, make the comeback, and come out with a point. Perhaps not ideal, but not disastrous either.
                  Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    Heading into the third down 2-0...I'll take a tie.

I thought Norwich looked sharp all night. They were really pressing USM all through the second until they got pulled in a little too deep and got bit on the 2-1 to go down 2-0. Follow that up with back-to-back overlapping penalties and it looked like it was going to be one of those nights. Proud of the team for continuing to press, make the comeback, and come out with a point. Perhaps not ideal, but not disastrous either.
                    Agreed. I went from furious to elated when “we” tied it up, so I won’t complain too much about a tie!

Comment

• Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.
                        Very tough. This recent trend of going down 0-1 early has got to stop, or it could be a cruddy visit to Henniker.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Big game tomorrow. 2 points really would put Norwich in the drivers seat for the league. However, NEC has been a very tough place for Norwich to play the last few years.
                          YES With a win and 2 Points up by 3 a loss down by 1
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

And it's a win, 4-2. The Cadets increase their lead in the conference.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

norwich played a complete sixty minute game today-- good defense - good offense- terrific special teams--terrific road win against a very good team

Comment

Well, thought it was a 700 game, so missed it. But happy to see the W!
                                Norwich '13

Comment

Working...
                                X