Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Can’t wait for another chapter in the Hobart/Norwich rivalry. 3 straight years playing for an autobid. Each team with one victory. Should be another classic showdown between the two best teams in the league once again.))?>

Hoping for a big crowd but going to need the locals to come out and support in droves with the students going on break.
    Need to push it hard all week in the media ... maybe we can lure in some UVM fans whose season is over. It would also help if season ticket holders who can't be there made sure their tix end up in the hands of someone who can.
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 03-01-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Can’t wait for another chapter in the Hobart/Norwich rivalry. 3 straight years playing for an autobid. Each team with one victory. Should be another classic showdown between the two best teams in the league once again.

Hoping for a big crowd but going to need the locals to come out and support in droves with the students going on break.
      This was the kind of thing I was hoping for when Hobart joined the league. This is going to be good.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        This was the kind of thing I was hoping for when Hobart joined the league. This is going to be good.
        I am looking forward to Elmira joining in 21-22.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by smbenny View Post
          I am looking forward to Elmira joining in 21-22.
          Should be another great addition to an already powerhouse league.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Unrelated to hockey, but a tip of the sabre to a well lived life of Jack Abare '57

https://www.norwich.edu/news/2217-no...-abare-tribute
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Unrelated to hockey, but a tip of the sabre to a well lived life of Jack Abare '57

https://www.norwich.edu/news/2217-no...-abare-tribute
              I remember what those picnics meant to the Rooks who underwent a lot of stress dealing with what was (maybe still is) called Rookdom. (I always tried to point out that Rooddom would be a place, not a process, but nobody except me, cared. He gave them a time to destress, bond and have a good time. Good dude.
              Last edited by NUProf; 03-04-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                I remember what those picnics meant to the Rooks who underwent a lot of stress dealing with what was (maybe still is) called Rookdom. (I always tried to point out that Rooddom would be a place, not a process, but nobody except me, cared. He gave them a time to destress, bond and have a good time. Good dude.
                Still called Rookdom, and Mr. Abare was a great man. Norwich to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  Still called Rookdom, and Mr. Abare was a great man. Norwich to the core.
                  Should be called Rookhood - it's a stage of life, not a place, but agreed about the man.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                    Need to push it hard all week in the media ... maybe we can lure in some UVM fans whose season is over. It would also help if season ticket holders who can't be there made sure their tix end up in the hands of someone who can.
                    Looks like a packed house on the screen.
                    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Great Win. That was a fast back and forth, hard fought game. I thought the Cadets played strong overall. Definitely had a few very sloppy moments while dealing with the aggressive Hobart forecheck...got away with a couple and Tommy came up big when he was needed. This team plays smart with the lead and they frustrate the heck out of their opponents. Congrats on a historic season so far, no where near done. Let’s go Norwich!

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        Looks like a packed house on the screen.
                        Box Score shows 1958
                        Was a packed and was probably best crowd of year
                        From where I was sitting looked like more then that
                        Trying to remember when crowd was regularly 2200-2400
                        Last edited by Steve Day; 03-07-2020, 09:35 PM.
                        Steve Day(NU71)
                        Go Cadets

Comment

Shutout streak continues for NU. Unbelievable! Good defense and good goaltending combined I would imagine. If NU only scores one goal a game they win most games! Crazy!

Comment

Yes, they seem to be rolling at the right time and I suspect are hungry and have something to prove after last year. Not trying to jinx anything but I have made a cancelable hotel reservation for Buffalo.... call me optimistic.

Go Cadets!

Congrats also to the women's team on their NEHC championship. What a season for Norwich hockey!

His and her national championship trophys would be a nice retirement sendoff to President Schneider. That would be really sweet!! I know we need to get real and just go one game at a time but it is fun to dream a little.... besides... goals are good... especially in hockey.
                            Last edited by nujack; 03-08-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                              Yes, they seem to be rolling at the right time and I suspect are hungry and have something to prove after last year. Not trying to jinx anything but I have made a cancelable hotel reservation for Buffalo.... call me optimistic.

Go Cadets!
                              You are pessimist to not get a non-refundable reservation

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                You are pessimist to not get a non-refundable reservation
                                As the Governor has declared a state of emergency in New York.....a refundable reservation may be very wise.
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X