Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

norwich played its best defensive game all season---their offensive zone forecheck mwas tremendous--everytime a babson player touched the puck- a norwich player was right there to either break it up or impead the progress of the play - the short little passes either in or out of the zone was terrific- hats off to a well played 60 minute game against a good team in their building-not an easy task

Comment

• Originally posted by dwb View Post
      norwich played its best defensive game all season---their offensive zone forecheck mwas tremendous--everytime a babson player touched the puck- a norwich player was right there to either break it up or impead the progress of the play - the short little passes either in or out of the zone was terrific- hats off to a well played 60 minute game against a good team in their building-not an easy task
      Spot on!

Comment

Okay, the clinching number is 2 points. Any combination of NU points and points that Babo doesn't get gives the Cadets home ice throughout the playoffs. One win, or one loss by Babson, or a tie and a Babson tie does the job.
        Last edited by NUProf; 02-01-2020, 08:07 PM.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Defense and goaltending doing what they have all season. But, now the offense is coming alive. Watch out.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I was really impressed by the composure, foot movement and passing that Norwich displayed yesterday. At times it looked like they were skating to music, smooth with passes tape to tape all night long. Best effort I've seen this year, let's see that maturity for the rest of the season.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

If Norwich had been able to capitalize on all the Babson turnovers, that game could have been an absolute rout. The Beavers were harassed constantly, and handed the puck right over on more than a few occasions. Really, really solid effort from the Cadets.
              Last edited by KrbFlint; 02-04-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I watched both games but didn't get a chance to post until today. I agree with all of the previous comments above 100%! I guess Coach Ellsworth is pleased with the line combo's, as I am. It was great seeing the forecheck tie up Babson and UMB, in their defensive zone, which created so much pressure that it lead to the opponents looking like they were lost in a maze. It also lead us to some very nice scoring opportunities. Tom Aubron really was spectacular on a number of saves, and all 5 players played excellent defense to get their third shutout in as many games. The passing game was greatly improved. Now they need to play Castleton, Johnson & Wales, and Suffolk with the same intensity and finesse. There are no easy games left to play guys so keep up the great team work.

**** Just a thought, if Maxime Borduas is healthy to play, what player would sit and what line would he run with? Hypothetically speaking, I think I would put him as the extra player so he could go in for a number of players while still getting his ice legs up to par. I have no idea who to take out of the current line up because all the guys are playing so well. Would be a difficult call for Cam Ellsworth I'm sure! What do my fellow posters think? I'd like to hear your comments.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

And tonight it's Castleton. An enigma wrapped in a paradox.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                    And tonight it's Castleton. An enigma wrapped in a paradox.
                    Thank God. Last night, with neither gender Cadets taking the ice, was brutal. I just didn’t have the same passion for UMass vs. Providence.

Comment

3 zip after two. Cadets out shooting Castleton 40 something to 6 after two. Castleton goalie playing really well, although a lot of the Cadet shots are from outside with nobody clogging the lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        3 zip after two. Cadets out shooting Castleton 40 something to 6 after two. Castleton goalie playing really well, although a lot of the Cadet shots are from outside with nobody clogging the lanes.
                        Smothering defense, Spartans getting absolutely no room
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

5-0 Norwich final. Shots 54 to 14.

Comment

Back on top of the NEHC where they belong after a DOMINATING win over the Spartans....both losses of the season avenged. Keep it going boys. Hope Swystun is ok and that the others are healing well also. Looking like quite the team out there...oh yea, 4 shutouts in a row! Keep it rolling Cadets!
                            Last edited by 802Hockey; 02-08-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                              Back on top of the NEHC where they belong after a DOMINATING win over the Spartans....both losses of the season avenged. Keep it going boys. Hope Swystun is ok and that the others are healing well also. Looking like quite the team out there...oh yea, 4 shutouts in a row! Keep it rolling Cadets!
                              It appears that, once again, the Cadets are peaking at the right time

Comment

Lots of good factoids in here:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20200208xbsykb
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X