Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich Hockey 2019-2020 ... The Road to Buffalo

I watched the game last night. Impressive effort across all lines, especially since there were some line changes.
    Don’t remember the announcers name, but somehow he could neither count the players on the ice or understand that a misconduct by itself does not cause a team to go down another skater. Sad.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      I watched the game last night. Impressive effort across all lines, especially since there were some line changes.
      Don’t remember the announcers name, but somehow he could neither count the players on the ice or understand that a misconduct by itself does not cause a team to go down another skater. Sad.
      In defense of my buddy Jack Healey who was doing the Castleton play by play, the officials were not very clear in making the calls. I had Cory working with me and we still took a while to figure it out. Jack was working alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        In defense of my buddy Jack Healey who was doing the Castleton play by play, the officials were not very clear in making the calls. I had Cory working with me and we still took a while to figure it out. Jack was working alone.
        With so many jumping over to video for the road games just a remminder ..
        WDEV is there EVERY night ... home AND away!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          For the road games I stream George on WDEV and mute the video stream. Syncing is only a minor problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
            For the road games I stream George on WDEV and mute the video stream. Syncing is only a minor problem.
            That is my strategy as well. There are a few streams where is becomes a problem - when they get more than a few seconds off, I will either listen to George only or mute the video and come back to the DEV stream during the intermission to get the info. As I recall (and it's getting dimmer and dimmer) Castleton's PA announcer doesn't always make it clear what is going on. I have to say, I like the gold unis - I can actually see the numbers!
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
              Thank God. Last night, with neither gender Cadets taking the ice, was brutal. I just didn’t have the same passion for UMass vs. Providence.
              802 used the word dominating, and that's absolutely the right term. This team is firing on all cylinders right now. I have high, high hopes for this season and am not shy about sharing them. We don't like to get ahead of ourselves but, as fans, I think it's ok to say that I'm hoping this team finishes what they lost in OT last season. And right now I think they have to be considered favorites to do so.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                I thought Jack did a great job, especially as a one man gang.

Personally, I’d rather slam my foot in a car door than sync up DEV and an away stream. It’s just not worth it to me. I rather enjoy hearing opponents’ broadcasts. For example, the guy from Babson last week was terrific. It’s great to hear another perspective on our team.

Comment

Personally, I’d rather slam my foot in a car door than sync up DEV and an away stream. It’s just not worth it to me. I rather enjoy hearing opponents’ broadcasts. For example, the guy from Babson last week was terrific. It’s great to hear another perspective on our team.
                  I've heard too many student announcers who call players on their team by their first name, and players on the visiting team by their numbers. I did listen to Jack, because he's been around for a while, and good enough not to get the muting trick.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    I've heard too many student announcers who call players on their team by their first name, and players on the visiting team by their numbers. I did listen to Jack, because he's been around for a while, and good enough not to get the muting trick.
                    1) memorize roster 2) memorize pronunciation guide 3) repeat.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Basically what we are all trying to say is that we are spoiled rotten with George. I agree, some broadcasters are a little behind but play by play ain’t easy and they are doing worlds better than I would ever do.

Comment

OK! If it makes you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                          Basically what we are all trying to say is that we are spoiled rotten with George. I agree,.
                          Normally listen to WDEV & George for away games but this time listened to Jack as he's been around the block a few times and knew would do a good job
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                            OK! If it makes you feel better.
                            The syncing can be a pain in the neck. Aside from the USM maniac, I've found all the away teams broadcasters to be just fine, with some being very good. Again, sometimes I enjoy hearing the opponents' perspective on our team.

Comment

Congrats Norwich on a spectacular regular season. The end couldn't have been better with a 5-0 shut out of J&W and then a 6-0 shut out of Suffolk.
                              Huge applause for Tommy Aubrun on breaking many Div III records for shutouts and scoreless minutes in front of his family. I am sure that there are some D 3 fans who think maybe think that he is only as good as his team mates are in playing defense, and yes I think that helps a lot. However today he proved his value on at least 2 break aways with multiple saves in a row. He was truly amazing. I picture in my mind an auto company's break service commercial, with video off those two saves and Tom saying, "If your defense breaks down, the puck stops here"! Don't do it Tom, I think it might violate NCAA Rules Great work for the whole team and remember, This is only the end of the beginning, now let's continue the great play in the beginning of the end. Proud of you, Cadets!!!
                              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                                Congrats Norwich on a spectacular regular season. The end couldn't have been better with a 5-0 shut out of J&W and then a 6-0 shut out of Suffolk.
                                Huge applause for Tommy Aubrun on breaking many Div III records for shutouts and scoreless minutes in front of his family. I am sure that there are some D 3 fans who think maybe think that he is only as good as his team mates are in playing defense, and yes I think that helps a lot. However today he proved his value on at least 2 break aways with multiple saves in a row. He was truly amazing. I picture in my mind an auto company's break service commercial, with video off those two saves and Tom saying, "If your defense breaks down, the puck stops here"! Don't do it Tom, I think it might violate NCAA Rules Great work for the whole team and remember, This is only the end of the beginning, now let's continue the great play in the beginning of the end. Proud of you, Cadets!!!
                                +1 They seem to be firing on all cylinders and have a V-12 under the hood to boot!

While anything can happen and I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, it looks like this edition of the Cadets might well cause a dent in my travel budget in late March if they keep up the great work.
                                Last edited by nujack; 02-16-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X