Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
    Was a very fun 2nd half of the 3rd.
    Wasn't it? Even on the fuzzy feed, that was entertaining to watch.

Comment

Wild game--neither team could hold a lead. I was impressed with UC's resilience. They usually come out on the short end of the stick in these type of games.
      Last edited by jcase; 01-06-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Who won Sunday ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Utica repeats with a win in OT 4-3 after trailing 3-0.

First time Adrian was swept at home since St. Norbert Jan 20-21, 2017.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Are you serious ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Unreal weekend. Gut out two wins the first a track meet, the second an absolute grind. Sure puts them in a good spot heading into second half.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                Unreal weekend. Gut out two wins the first a track meet, the second an absolute grind. Sure puts them in a good spot heading into second half.
                True dat, as the kids used to say!

UC was somewhat outplayed over the weekend, but not by much. Getting Landrigan back has made this team waaay more dangerous.

I would have settled for a split; I didn't see this coming... Love it, though. Kinda makes up for Adrian's sweep in Utica last year, which was somewhat unwarranted as well.

Hockey is a cruel game. We all know that. But everything is fine in Utica tonight, and that bus-ride home for the team just has to be very festive as well.

Skoal, young brothers!
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-05-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Also it is very early, but the weekend sweep bumped them up to 10th in the pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                    Also it is very early, but the weekend sweep bumped them up to 10th in the pairwise.
                    Well -at just past the mid-point of the season- we have a pretty decent sample-size to consider.

And, yeah, this past weekend was a huge PWR boost for UC. Finishing in, say, the top 7 would be some insurance against the vicissitudes of all the tourney AQ nonsense.

UC has probably just 3 games left to make PW hay (v. Wilkes and Stevenson), and taking 2-3 of them would be gigantic.

(And, from this point on, GO ADRIAN!)

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                      My seats are next to the goal judge. That puck DID NOT go into the net. It went off the crossbar a fraction before the horn and bounced out to almost the blueline. Two of my friends and the goal judge were all in agreement. If it went in I'd be the first to admit it. We were dumbfounded at the call and even more so when the officials didn't even consult with the goal judge. Baggetta was livid as well. Neither ref signaled a goal. I heard today that one of the linesman said it went in during the official's huddle up and they went with that. Ridiculous.
                      I know this pretty late (just reading this thread), but the puck did go in. We watched the repay in the booth at the Aud. Puck absolutely went in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen35 View Post
                        I know this pretty late (just reading this thread), but the puck did go in. We watched the repay in the booth at the Aud. Puck absolutely went in.
                        Well I stand corrected. Puck must have rocketed out b/c no one in my section saw that live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jensen35 View Post
                          It didnt go in. Go and ask either coach or any player on either team and they will tell you the same thing. It was a blown call and both teams know it, not that it matters now

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                            It didnt go in. Go and ask either coach or any player on either team and they will tell you the same thing. It was a blown call and both teams know it, not that it matters now
                            I don't understand the "logic" of ignoring the imaging available at The Aud.

Apparently, that happens because the vast bulk of D-3 teams which don't play in an AHL rink lack similar technology..? Who came-up with that concept?

Truly ridiculous, but D-3 often finds a way.

And that bad loss (?) might actually matter down the road.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I don't understand the "logic" of ignoring the imaging available at The Aud.

Apparently, that happens because the vast bulk of D-3 teams which don't play in an AHL rink lack similar technology..? Who came-up with that concept?

Truly ridiculous, but D-3 often finds a way.

And that bad loss (?) might actually matter down the road.
                              Your not allowed to video review in d3. Utica is the only rink that would be able to do video review if they allowed it. No other rink has the technology to my knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                                Your not allowed to video review in d3. Utica is the only rink that would be able to do video review if they allowed it. No other rink has the technology to my knowledge
                                Does Canisius still play at Buffalo State or did they move to Harbor Center?

Also, I believe St. John’s used to and maybe still does play at the same arena that St. Cloud does so they would have it too.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X