Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Guess the D-1 washouts for Utica aren't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
      Guess the D-1 washouts for Utica aren't too bad.
      They've had some great D-1 transfers over the years... Tonight, only Ott (of that ilk) figured in the scoring, but his toe-drag, top-far-corner goal was as pretty as it gets.

Absolutely as close to a perfect an outing as can be for UC tonight, against the #1 team both in the PWR and the KRACH. Very, very, encouraging to watch.

Dickson looked stellar in net, too. (Hope Baggs is OK, though. We thought he was speared in the abdomen last night, but couldn't confirm that via our usual source... Anyone heard anything?)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        They've had some great D-1 transfers over the years... Tonight, only Ott (of that ilk) figured in the scoring, but his toe-drag, top-far-corner goal was as pretty as it gets.

Absolutely as close to a perfect an outing as can be for UC tonight, against the #1 team both in the PWR and the KRACH. Very, very, encouraging to watch.

Dickson looked stellar in net, too. (Hope Baggs is OK, though. We thought he was speared in the abdomen last night, but couldn't confirm that via our usual source... Anyone heard anything?)
        Hey Fish are we back to being national contenders? Or you still going on o find a way to pick this team apart?

Still would love to grab a coffee at Bite. Its on me

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
          Hey Fish are we back to being national contenders? Or you still going on o find a way to pick this team apart?

Still would love to grab a coffee at Bite. Its on me
          No one on here in 2019 has ever said that UC looked like a NC contender, least of all me.

But, tonight's game was encouraging, wasn't it? (Assuming that you actually saw it).

See you on Parents' Weekend, or not. Try to be objective, in any case.

Comment

This.
            Coach got the right mix on the ice tonight. If this lineup becomes the core and plays like this every game they'd be a tough out for anyone.

Comment

Nice job by The U...congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                Coach got the right mix on the ice tonight. If this lineup becomes the core and plays like this every game they'd be a tough out for anyone.
                Couldn't agree more. Didn't all 4 lines click beautifully..? And nary a mental mistake from the D.

I can't remember seeing a better performance from any NCAA team, and I watch far too much college hockey.

Lots of road games coming up. Hope that Gary sticks with the lines and with the general approach.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Nice job by The U...congrats
                  ... And the Lakers absolutely steam-rolled Plymouth just before that.

It's hard to reconcile the meltdown in the 3rd v. Salve with the dominant outing that followed.

But, having seen most of both OSU games, my guess is that they have a good shot at an AL. Lots of talent there.

Comment

Local news channel I think channel 2 has all 5 Utica goals, plus a great view of the 4th goal which was a thing of beauty.

Agree, that was a complete game from start to finish. I would not tinker at all with the lineup with the exception of Landrigan when he returns. then I think you dress him as the extra forward unless you exchange him for Fitzpatrick. Just all conversation. Discuss....

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Local news channel I think channel 2 has all 5 Utica goals, plus a great view of the 4th goal which was a thing of beauty.

Agree, that was a complete game from start to finish. I would not tinker at all with the lineup with the exception of Landrigan when he returns. then I think you dress him as the extra forward unless you exchange him for Fitzpatrick. Just all conversation. Discuss....
                      I have never seen a a more lovely goal than that one. Pure artistry. (I'd love to bottle that entire game, actually.)

FWIW, I talked to a man who seems well-connected at the Plymouth game. He said that Landrigan was a healthy scratch, which made me scratch my head, but hockey parents are notorious gossips, as fun as they are.

Still, I'd insert Landrigan on any line. He has the best hands on this team, IMO.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-02-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

... And the Lakers absolutely steam-rolled Plymouth just before that.

It's hard to reconcile the meltdown in the 3rd v. Salve with the dominant outing that followed.

But, having seen most of both OSU games, my guess is that they have a good shot at an AL. Lots of talent there.
                        We have run into a little funk ,have a tough weekend in western Ny then a competitive Tourney after the break,should learn a little more as these games get going....Not to mention a tilt vs The U durning the break,to bad no student section for that game..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          We have run into a little funk ,have a tough weekend in western Ny then a competitive Tourney after the break,should learn a little more as these games get going....Not to mention a tilt vs The U durning the break,to bad no student section for that game..
                          Really hard to say which Jekyll/Hyde team will show-up for that, in either case.

Comment

Little concerned with tomorrow night. Stevenson beat St. Norbert's but they are not your father or grandfathers St. Norbs. But a 7-1 team, busing all day to Maryland, big weekend sweep all points to a possible disaster. But if the team puts together another performance like last weekend then no worries.

Comment

Little concerned with tomorrow night. Stevenson beat St. Norbert's but they are not your father or grandfathers St. Norbs. But a 7-1 team, busing all day to Maryland, big weekend sweep all points to a possible disaster. But if the team puts together another performance like last weekend then no worries.
                              Wilkes is looking good on paper, too. I don't see UC as being any kind of a prohibitive favorite to win the UCHC RS as of now.

(But,of course, the RS is just for fun!)

The tourney winners getting the AQ's is beyond moronic, but I've already said that.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-05-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

(But,of course, the RS is just for fun!)

The tourney winners getting the AQ's is beyond moronic, but I've already said that.
                                I love the AQ and so should you.
                                2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Working...
                                X