Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Scores has last night's game a 1-1 tie and the standings shows it as a tie also with UC 3-0-1 in league, I believe. Listening to WTLB and Ed O'Brien this am a caller said Lebanon Valley won in two OT's on a controversial goal. He said it was scored with no time left on the clock and no red goal light on. Ref never pointed at the goal signifying a goal either. I'm guessing after one OT it's considered a tie, then they play another OT(s) until someone wins ? My assumption. I guess Heenan blew a gasket. Were you there fish ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

My seats are next to the goal judge. That puck DID NOT go into the net. It went off the crossbar a fraction before the horn and bounced out to almost the blueline. Two of my friends and the goal judge were all in agreement. If it went in I'd be the first to admit it. We were dumbfounded at the call and even more so when the officials didn't even consult with the goal judge. Baggetta was livid as well. Neither ref signaled a goal. I heard today that one of the linesman said it went in during the official's huddle up and they went with that. Ridiculous.

Comment

UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.

This started last year. The MIAC has the same rules.

Which leads me to question, why does the USCHO standings reflect this format for the MIAC but not the UCHC? Any USCHO admin folks have an answer for this?

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
          UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.

This started last year. The MIAC has the same rules.

Which leads me to question, why does the USCHO standings reflect this format for the MIAC but not the UCHC? Any USCHO admin folks have an answer for this?
          The colleghockeystats.net shows the standings the correct way.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
            Dominant hand out their linemates? Fishman this isnt the NHL. News flash, when one of the top fwds on the team is injured the lines will get mixed up. They simply put up a dud tonight. UC is still very easily the best team in this conference. There hasnt been a team iv seen thus far that could hold a candle in a 3 game series.
            Learning who has what dominant hand among your line-mates is probably coached in the first 5 minutes of midget-hockey practice, FCS. How else are people supposed to play together effectively?

And if you believe that UC is a dominant team -even in the weak UCHC- you haven't been paying attention.

Tonight was a prime example of both my points. Heenan rolled 4 lines composed largely of journeymen to start the game, then inserted what few scorers he had after EC went up 2-0. I suppose he thought he was making a point, but maybe you saw how that worked out. And, again, it was something of a cluster-**** in the meantime, just as it was last night.

This team is probably Utica's least-talented group in 10 years or more. Heenan needs to face that fact, and run what horses he has as long as he can.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-25-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Scores has last night's game a 1-1 tie and the standings shows it as a tie also with UC 3-0-1 in league, I believe. Listening to WTLB and Ed O'Brien this am a caller said Lebanon Valley won in two OT's on a controversial goal. He said it was scored with no time left on the clock and no red goal light on. Ref never pointed at the goal signifying a goal either. I'm guessing after one OT it's considered a tie, then they play another OT(s) until someone wins ? My assumption. I guess Heenan blew a gasket. Were you there fish ?
              I was on the far end of the ice, and didn't see if it went in or not. Looked harmless from where we sat, and late in any case... But the refs were probably as fed-up with the silly UCHC OT rules as we were.

EDIT: Yeah, Shabby, in this conference both teams garner a point after an OT tie, then they go to a 3X3, then to a shootout, for the extra point (whichever comes first)... Feels like overkill to me.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-25-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

JSYK, there's an apparent crack-head type who owns but an orange vest and a couple of spray-painted signs, and attempts to sucker people into paying $5 a shot for parking in this or that vacant lot adjacent to the Aud that he doesn't own. He moves around from night to night, and a few people regularly fall for it.

Don't.

Parking on Broadway is free. In fact, any street on Utica is fair game until 2 AM. This loser needs to go.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-27-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  First things first.

Early-purchased season-tickets are available at The Aud for pick-ups now.

(Not than anyone told us that.)
                  What’s up with the live stream??? Not working

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                    What’s up with the live stream??? Not working
                    Working here (via the UC site).

Comment

SOG were 43-20, and UC barely squeaks by Plymouth.

Prior to that, OSU (with their 5 D-1 transfers), got hammered by Salve.

Is there any way to do the math these days?

Comment

I only count 4 D-1 transfers on Oswego, one of whom (Solow) didn't even dress this evening. But the hammering by Salve is true enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          I only count 4 D-1 transfers on Oswego, one of whom (Solow) didn't even dress this evening. But the hammering by Salve is true enough.
                          Brown, Vance, Gillespie, Molinaro and Solow make five.

Not that it matters much. D-1 wash-outs don't necessarily make much of any difference way down here, yet the talent gap can be startling at other times.

Comment

Brown, Vance, Gillespie, Molinaro and Solow make five.

Not that it matters much. D-1 wash-outs don't necessarily make much of any difference way down here, yet the talent gap can be startling at other times.
                            My bad, I overlooked Gillespie. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Elmira got lucky with their D1 transfers this year. Christian Lloyd with 7 points and Chris Janzen 1.80 GAA and .939 save %.
                              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

yea check the stats,D1 trans not doing to much at this point of the season they have played 31 games combined and have 14 pts total...never know
                                Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-30-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X