Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Removing the statistical analysis and replacing it with the equivalent of a smoky room that is weighted towards teams from the southeast was what made me lose all respect for the D-1A (or whatever it is called this week) process.
    . God how I missed you guys!!!!
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Removing the statistical analysis and replacing it with the equivalent of a smoky room that is weighted towards teams from the southeast was what made me lose all respect for the D-1A (or whatever it is called this week) process.
      Are you sitting down..?

I agree with you completely.

Comment

Predictions for tomorrow's game..?

Naz is a veteran team and has had very balanced scoring. They were travel-partners with UC this past weekend, and hammered Neumann and M'ville just as UC did. Earlier, they lost by 1 at Oswego in an exhibition.

Looks like a dead-heat on paper, but if I was a betting man, I'd have to give the edge to Naz on the basis of their age and experience.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-14-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I'll take the Moose !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I'll take the Moose !
            Utica 3 Naz 0 end 1

Comment

Didn't get to make it up but watched on TV. Looked like a pretty workman like effort from the Moose tonight. Was worried after first 30 seconds into second, but UC calmed down and didnt give up anything quality after that.

Fish I know you said no standout talent on UC but deep. I'll take deep anyday. 3 or 4 lines and solid D. Hopefully they don't "peak" in November but hit even more of a stride come February.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                Didn't get to make it up but watched on TV. Looked like a pretty workman like effort from the Moose tonight. Was worried after first 30 seconds into second, but UC calmed down and didnt give up anything quality after that.

Fish I know you said no standout talent on UC but deep. I'll take deep anyday. 3 or 4 lines and solid D. Hopefully they don't "peak" in November but hit even more of a stride come February.
                They looked solid. Big team with depth. Besides Fritz and Rutkowski I dont love the d corps. This team should be the favorite to win the conference though. That first line is lethal

Comment

I'm liking this team more and more. They looked a bit sluggish in the Canton game, but Heenan seems to have put together some outstanding lines as of late... And mostly with the new arrivals, which bodes well.

Dickson looked as good as Baggs tonight, too. Depth in goal is the most important depth a team can possess. (I did wonder why Baggs didn't start, but it worked-out splendidly.)

Absolutely no complaints regarding how this team has started the RS. UC has skated rings around what is likely to be their 3 chief competitors in the UCHC.

I'm excited now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I'm liking this team more and more. They looked a bit sluggish in the Canton game, but Heenan seems to have put together some outstanding lines as of late... And mostly with the new arrivals, which bodes well.

Dickson looked as good as Baggs tonight, too. Depth in goal is the most important depth a team can possess. (I did wonder why Baggs didn't start, but it worked-out splendidly.)

Absolutely no complaints regarding how this team has started the RS. UC has skated rings around what is likely to be their 3 chief competitors in the UCHC.

I'm excited now.
                    Heard minor injury on Baggs

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                      Heard minor injury on Baggs
                      Is Cavanagh still hurt? Or not playing? I haven’t had a chance to watch a game yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                        Is Cavanagh still hurt? Or not playing? I haven’t had a chance to watch a game yet?
                        Still on the roster, but hasn't played this season. I haven't heard whether he's been injured or has been a healthy scratch.

Comment

Trying to be too fancy and too many penalties. This could spell trouble here tonight against the Valley.

Comment

Trying to be too fancy and too many penalties. This could spell trouble here tonight against the Valley.
                            I agree, but Burns was the real trouble tonight... Man, did he play well.

Anyone aside from me hate this song and dance BS OT thing the UCHC has in place?

It's truly asinine, if you ask me.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-22-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Still on the roster, but hasn't played this season. I haven't heard whether he's been injured or has been a healthy scratch.
                              He played a bit tonight, and was a non-factor.

Lots of guys were non-factors, as a matter of fact.

Heenan (or possibly injuries) messed with the lines, and half the guys didn't even seem to know which were the dominant hands of their line-mates. Very, very, sloppy passing for most of the game.

Again, I don't know why total strangers were trying to learn to play together tonight, but Heenan has a long history of trying to fix what ain't broke... We wish we had stayed home for this one, in any case.

Comment

He played a bit tonight, and was a non-factor.

Lots of guys were non-factors, as a matter of fact.

Heenan (or possibly injuries) messed with the lines, and half the guys didn't even seem to know which were the dominant hands of their line-mates. Very, very, sloppy passing for most of the game.

Again, I don't know why total strangers were trying to learn to play together tonight, but Heenan has a long history of trying to fix what ain't broke... We wish we had stayed home for this one, in any case.
                                Dominant hand out their linemates? Fishman this isnt the NHL. News flash, when one of the top fwds on the team is injured the lines will get mixed up. They simply put up a dud tonight. UC is still very easily the best team in this conference. There hasnt been a team iv seen thus far that could hold a candle in a 3 game series.

Comment

Working...
                                X