Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Anyone on here see the UNE game in-person?

We tried to stream it, but it buffered 99% of the time.

(DISH.)

Any first-hand takes will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

(DISH.)

We left early as UNE was coming into our locker room lol wanted to stay but 8 hours in Utica was enough for me.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        We left early as UNE was coming into our locker room lol wanted to stay but 8 hours in Utica was enough for me.
        Probably 30 minutes would be enough for most of us... (Even me, on most nights.)

Still, there's been a huge infusion of private money around The Aud lately, though, and State funds have massaged a ton of lucrative jobs in nearby Marcy.

Utica, as a city, is on its way back, apparently... We're talking billions invested here from the nano industry, and the contracts are signed.

With average salaries being around 75K, and several hundred jobs paying at least that, Utica should rebound pretty well.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-28-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Probably 30 minutes would be enough for most of us... (Even me, on most nights.)

Still, there's been a huge infusion of private money around The Aud lately, though, and State funds have massaged a ton of lucrative jobs in nearby Marcy.

Utica, as a city, is on its way back, apparently... We're talking billions invested here from the nano industry, and the contracts are signed.

With average salaries being around 75K, and several hundred jobs paying at least that, Utica should rebound pretty well.
          I was able to watch the game on my phone, I was away from home and didn't have access to my computer. The presentation was fine where I was. I can't remember it having to buffer at all.

I thought UNE had a bit more "quick" to them than did Utica. The Utica goaltender made some terrific saves early on. Game seemed back and forth for the first period and a half and then, I thought, UNE exerted itself over Utica. I thought the UNE goaltender left some really juicy rebounds that Utica couldn't, or didn't covert. What I couldn't tell was how many players each team used during the game. I noticed in the boxscore that UNE carried five lines and 3 goalies, although Churchfield played the entire game. Not sure how much "experimenting" was being done by the teams.

From what I could see on my phone, the arena seemed like a great old venue. There is a lot of history in those old buildings. Some pretty terrific ghosts roaming around those rafters!

Comment

(DISH.)

Pretty even game. Each team ran 5 lines and Baggetta only played 1st period. Nobody on either side really stood out to me

Comment

Somebody want to tell me when and where the UNE was ? I can't even find a score anywhere ? Guess it was an exhibition like the Mo'Ville game ? I see Canton beat Wilkes last night.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Somebody want to tell me when and where the UNE was ? I can't even find a score anywhere ? Guess it was an exhibition like the Mo'Ville game ? I see Canton beat Wilkes last night.
                Here is the box score for the game: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/19...s/muneutc1.o26

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  Here is the box score for the game: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/19...s/muneutc1.o26
                  3-3 tie from the Aud.

Comment

Dino it says you're an unsafe user, won't open ?

Comment

We I'll be! I always wanted to "the bad guy", they got all the girls! Check CollegeHockeyStats.com

Comment

My take on Saturday's game wasn't all that positive.

UC looked "deep", which is basically a euphemism for "having no elite talent".

Cerasuolo made almost every first save, and his many rebounds were swept-away by the Roo's D... Thing is, Utica shot right into his bread-basket far too often, and they didn't attack the net. Kinda looked as though they had a plane to catch.

If a team can out-shoot another by 20 shots and still look a bit lethargic, and settle for a tie..? That's what I saw.

(I'd appreciate reading other opinions, just the same.)

Comment

Just to piggyback off of you Fish. Thought the D took too many chances which is ok, if your forwards cover for you. How many odd man breaks were there after UC tied it 3?? No traffic in front, but game tying goal scored because of going to the net.

Thought the line of Zapatta, Ott and Moncovic(sp) was best line of night. In words of Dave Starman they were tenderizing the meat and had that dog on bone mentality.

Fritz and Young will lead from back end and Bagetta will keep them in games. Going to have to learn to score from greasy areas if your going to put 40 plus shots a game on net. Hopefully they watch the tape of the third UC goal and learn from it.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                            Just to piggyback off of you Fish. Thought the D took too many chances which is ok, if your forwards cover for you. How many odd man breaks were there after UC tied it 3?? No traffic in front, but game tying goal scored because of going to the net.

Thought the line of Zapatta, Ott and Moncovic(sp) was best line of night. In words of Dave Starman they were tenderizing the meat and had that dog on bone mentality.

Fritz and Young will lead from back end and Bagetta will keep them in games. Going to have to learn to score from greasy areas if your going to put 40 plus shots a game on net. Hopefully they watch the tape of the third UC goal and learn from it.
                            We noticed Moncovich as well. He appears to be a player.

Fritz was very good on D, we thought. His points were the frosting on the cake. Allen, on the other hand, was fairly awful all night long. Big-time mental errors. I'd scratch him for the upcoming weekend.

The Swedes are large, but somewhat ponderous. Zapata and Ott stood-out for a few shifts here and there, but weren't really don't look like consistent difference-makers.

Not seeing an NCAA team here right now, unless Baggs returns to form. (I guarantee that he'd want that 3rd goal back.)

EDIT: And yeah, didn't see much of any hunger from this bunch. Very few guys went to the net, as you stated.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-07-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

There they go. A disciplined performance on the road, and a conference win. UC looked much better tonight.

Comment

Osmundsen(sp) with a natural hat trick, might be special.

Comment

Working...
                                X