Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Utica #1 PWR
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Went to the game Sunday, very impressed with the balance of all the lines. After it was 3-0 I thought the game was over, Naz played hard in the third, turned into a nailbiter.

NCAA's will be fun, I just saw that Norwich has pitched eight straight shutouts, never seen that anywhere.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        NCAA's will be fun, I just saw that Norwich has pitched eight straight shutouts, never seen that anywhere.
        That's an NCAA DIII record - Aubrun has a 0.80 GAA in 21 games.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          That's an NCAA DIII record - Aubrun has a 0.80 GAA in 21 games.
          That's an incredible stat, but his .965 save % is even more incredible. And 12 SO's on the season..?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            That's an incredible stat, but his .965 save % is even more incredible. And 12 SO's on the season..?

512:31 consecutive shutout minutes streak.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              512:31 consecutive shutout minutes streak.
              I've thought this over carefully, and I don't want anything to do with that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I've thought this over carefully, and I don't want anything to do with that guy.
                His last 5 games were against teams with a combined .279 winning percentage. He's good, but I don't see this extending into the national tournament

Comment

Originally posted by JWillsNH View Post
                  His last 5 games were against teams with a combined .279 winning percentage. He's good, but I don't see this extending into the national tournament
                  The first three were against Hobart (probably in the tournament) UMB, and Hobart (probably in the tournament).
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWillsNH View Post
                    I've certainly considered the quality of the competition, as well.

He still looks pretty amazing.

If he faces a team that scores prolifically..? Might be a different story, or the same one.

It's very hard to argue against his stats right now. That's an astounding body of work.

Comment

Good weekend of hockey, Saturday's game was definitely better than Sunday imo. Gotta give credit where it's due, Naz hung with UC for a while, definitely exposed some things that need working on. I wasn't surprised with JT's play, has amassed more PIM's than anything this year, didn't really effect how the series played out (how'd that blocker to the head feel btw? haha). Officiating was pretty awful, yeah I know it's the playoffs but some of that stuff has to be called. UC did take advantage on the PP when they had chances, which is encouraging. How about that GW goal by McManus?! Top corner with almost no room, got a great look at it from section 112. Also, if there's one team that scares the heck out of me going forward, it's Norwich. That shutout streak is unreal, bound to end at some point though.

On to Wilkes.
                      Utica Pioneers Hockey
                      2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                      2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                      2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                      2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                        Good weekend of hockey, Saturday's game was definitely better than Sunday imo. Gotta give credit where it's due, Naz hung with UC for a while, definitely exposed some things that need working on. I wasn't surprised with JT's play, has amassed more PIM's than anything this year, didn't really effect how the series played out (how'd that blocker to the head feel btw? haha). Officiating was pretty awful, yeah I know it's the playoffs but some of that stuff has to be called. UC did take advantage on the PP when they had chances, which is encouraging. How about that GW goal by McManus?! Top corner with almost no room, got a great look at it from section 112. Also, if there's one team that scares the heck out of me going forward, it's Norwich. That shutout streak is unreal, bound to end at some point though.

On to Wilkes.
                        Geneseo scares me more than Norwich. They are the only team that can match up with Utica offensively

Comment

Thinking of taking a run at the Friday UC tilt...whats the scouting report ??
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                            Geneseo scares me more than Norwich. They are the only team that can match up with Utica offensively
                            Agreed with Geneseo. Originally I was concerned with Elmira...eliminated. Then Stevenson......eliminated. Wilkes should be no issues, but Genny has the offense to match up. Dont know if they can go four lines deep but they can put up numbers. If they meet up it will be like the old Smythe division or Campbell conference games. 8-7, or 6-5 fire wagon hockey at its finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Thinking of taking a run at the Friday UC tilt...whats the scouting report ??
                              From the UC camp, 7 players with 20+ points. 6 players with 10+ goals. 2 D1 transfers, plenty of speed and outstanding goaltending. #1 in Pairwise #3 in country. Should be one tough out in NCAA'S. Has handled Wilkes in both matchups this season. I dont think Wilkes has the horses to keep this weekend close, but that's why they play em on ice not on paper.

Comment

Shabby, You going to the UC game Saturday or the Brown game. I think I know the answer but I'll keep an eye out for you anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X