Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Does Canisius still play at Buffalo State or did they move to Harbor Center?

Also, I believe St. John’s used to and maybe still does play at the same arena that St. Cloud does so they would have it too.
    Canisius plays at the Harbor Center. They had a practice when we had our last tournament there.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Also, I believe St. John’s used to and maybe still does play at the same arena that St. Cloud does so they would have it too.
      Yes, they do.
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        Your not allowed to video review in d3. Utica is the only rink that would be able to do video review if they allowed it. No other rink has the technology to my knowledge
        Oswego has quality video available, too. Why not give it a look, when it's available?

D-3 hockey is still (partially) mired in the Stone Age, for whatever reason.

That's beyond stupid; it's willfully ignorant.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Oswego has quality video available, too. Why not give it a look, when it's available?

Oz quality and camera angles are not enough for conclusive consistent results...you would want fixed cams directly overhead fed into their own replay channels.

Also, putting that pressure on a student crew...that is admittedly biased for the home team is less than ideal.
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Because it’s also not able to be replicated at 98 percent of the other D3 rinks.

Does Utica ever use the replay system at its games when it’s not hosting the ncaa final four?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Northland and Hobart could do it for sure ;-)

Comment

Because it’s also not able to be replicated at 98 percent of the other D3 rinks.

Does Utica ever use the replay system at its games when it’s not hosting the ncaa final four?
                If they did, that would obviate this particular discussion.

And simply because most arenas don't have replay capability isn't (IMO) much of an argument for ignoring it when it's available. How would reviewing the odd goal put anyone else at a disadvantage?

(Still, I'd only use it to determine whether the puck went in or not. Wouldn't want reviews for crease violations, penalties, etc.)

Comment

If they did, that would obviate this particular discussion.

And simply because most arenas don't have replay capability isn't (IMO) much of an argument for ignoring it when it's available. How would reviewing the odd goal put anyone else at a disadvantage?

(Still, I'd only use it to determine whether the puck went in or not. Wouldn't want reviews for crease violations, penalties, etc.)
                  Because it's not fair to the 98% of the other teams who cant get an outcome changed....rules are there for a reason.. it's not that complicated. Hell most rinks have LiveBarn now and that cant even be used for malicious penalties
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Because it's not fair to the 98% of the other teams who cant get an outcome changed....rules are there for a reason.. it's not that complicated. Hell most rinks have LiveBarn now and that cant even be used for malicious penalties
                    (Hey Champs! Long time, no squabble. )

Kindly explain how is it unfair to any other team(s) if the right call is made anywhere else on a given night?

Furthermore, say that 98% of D-3 rinks have the technology in place to get that call right... Do you contend that they shouldn't use it because that would be unfair to the 2% who don't?
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-09-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

As an NCAA softball umpire, video review is going to be coming to all divisions and conferences. It was used in the SEC this year during playoffs, so the push has begun. If it is instituted in softball there is no reason why it cant be put in place for hockey. Plus some of the fields I've worked......you would wonder how they even live stream games.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                        As an NCAA softball umpire, video review is going to be coming to all divisions and conferences. It was used in the SEC this year during playoffs, so the push has begun. If it is instituted in softball there is no reason why it cant be put in place for hockey. Plus some of the fields I've worked......you would wonder how they even live stream games.��
                        Questec (sp?) is coming to MLB for the strike-zone, too, I'm pretty sure. The time has certainly come for that.

(But, as a fan of NCAA softball, I'd prefer to have an ump to yell at for the time-being. )
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-09-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

No worries Fish, you can still yell at us. It's only going to be video review for game situations not for the strike zone. However I've never gotten a call wrong because one team always says I was right!😃

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                            No worries Fish, you can still yell at us. It's only going to be video review for game situations not for the strike zone. However I've never gotten a call wrong because one team always says I was right!😃
                            Well YEAH! I'm never wrong either. (Separated at birth, maybe?)

Just curious, do you call any JUCO games? Our local team is Herkimer CCC. Those women win 35 games a year, but are always bridesmaids. Still, it's fun to watch them ahead by a football score in the middle of the 4th vs. every other regional team.

Comment

• Originally posted by capswon View Post
                              As an NCAA softball umpire, video review is going to be coming to all divisions and conferences. It was used in the SEC this year during playoffs, so the push has begun. If it is instituted in softball there is no reason why it cant be put in place for hockey. Plus some of the fields I've worked......you would wonder how they even live stream games.🤔
                              I don’t see it being mandated at the NCAA Division III level for regular season games for a long time....
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I don’t see it being mandated at the NCAA Division III level for regular season games for a long time....
                                I don't see it, either, sadly.

D-3 hockey has been behind the power-curve for many, many, many years. Witness the very recent smoky rooms.

Our sport has been dragged (kicking and screaming) into the baseline of logic just recently (via the PWR), but there are still miles to go.

I don't get it that... Does anyone?

Good God, D-3 can't employ $10 HD trail cams on either side of the posts, just to get results more accurate...?

(Nope. The ridiculous D-3 "by laws" trump reason every time.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-09-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X