Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Maybe your reading comprehension is lacking, but I never mentioned Plattsburgh in any of this, nor would I (I hope that's not the best comeback you have - kind of weak *yawn*). I mean the 80's were pretty cool. Won a lot of games, few Championships (btw what has Utica ever won in DIII Hockey?? ... *crickets*crickets*crickets.... no? okay....) Haven't lived up North in almost 20 years, but hey cool Utica #9 Top Crime rate City in NY... *clap clap* Dodging homeless or potholes around the great bus station of Utica. It was always a treat bringing NY States finest citizens back to the high class of Utica for court. Ranks right up there with my trips to the Bronx and Queens... We all know why people go to the UC games and why they don't... that doesn't make you a hockey town, alcoholics maybe. Supporting hockey (whether your team is in it or not) makes you a hockey town (not the 2nd lowest Championship total.... And no, I don't expect Buffalo to "jam pack" the rink this year either, but it wouldn't surprise me that they beat Utica's (insert Billy Fuccillo voice) HUUUUGGGEE numbers they put up in 2017.... Heck the PSU Women home Championship games could rival that...
    Time to turn the page, i’ll take the past 5 years of Utica over anything Plattsburgh has produced lately. Seems like the recruits are picking Utica over the prestigous and historic Platsburgh hockey program lately. Utica is the 12th biggest city in NY, so it being the 9th highest crime rate is just about right in line with what you would expect. And yeah because Plattsburgh isnt filled with alcoholics, right? And if the Pburgh women werent in the finals, then no, they wouldnt put up half that number. Utica is building a 3-pad ice facility next door to the Aud, your right though, not a hockey town......

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
      Time to turn the page, i’ll take the past 5 years of Utica over anything Plattsburgh has produced lately. Seems like the recruits are picking Utica over the prestigous and historic Platsburgh hockey program lately. Utica is the 12th biggest city in NY, so it being the 9th highest crime rate is just about right in line with what you would expect. And yeah because Plattsburgh isnt filled with alcoholics, right? And if the Pburgh women werent in the finals, then no, they wouldnt put up half that number. Utica is building a 3-pad ice facility next door to the Aud, your right though, not a hockey town......
      Your credibility went out the door when you claimed to be at every LP Finals and there was less than 1,000 at all of them...

Studs are going to Utica..yup they are, good job, your school can support giving out scholarships *clap clap* ..again something I have been talking about since 2006... I'm sure you would take the last 5 years...(what have they done exactly besides take a *poop emoji* in the playoffs and fill a rink full of well..yea you get the point? How many NCAA appearances? No hmm) The wins are just like the attendance, rack up these high numbers, and then don't show up when it matters Again, how many NCAA appearances? Salve has more appearances in the past 4 years than Utica has in the past 20.... it's funny, people who don't have a history, always want people to live in their history...I wonder why Like I said, a REAL hockey town would have put more than 1,500 people in the seats for a Championship hockey game, whether their team was in it or not..... ...pretty easy to comprehend that I would think.. no?
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Your credibility went out the door when you claimed to be at every LP Finals and there was less than 1,000 at all of them...

Studs are going to Utica..yup they are, good job, your school can support giving out scholarships *clap clap* ..again something I have been talking about since 2006... I'm sure you would take the last 5 years...(what have they done exactly besides take a *poop emoji* in the playoffs and fill a rink full of well..yea you get the point? How many NCAA appearances? No hmm) The wins are just like the attendance, rack up these high numbers, and then don't show up when it matters Again, how many NCAA appearances? Salve has more appearances in the past 4 years than Utica has in the past 20.... it's funny, people who don't have a history, always want people to live in their history...I wonder why Like I said, a REAL hockey town would have put more than 1,500 people in the seats for a Championship hockey game, whether their team was in it or not..... ...pretty easy to comprehend that I would think.. no?
        Your credibility went out the window after thinking any d3 team gives out scholarships. Utica hasnt even been around for 20 seasons. Also considering Utica has only had the AQ bid for 1 year, they would have had alot more appearances. Just get over it man, Utica trumps Plattsburgh in everything hockey wise nowadays. Turn the page *clap* *clap* *clap*

Comment

Your credibility went out the window after thinking any d3 team gives out scholarships. Utica hasnt even been around for 20 seasons. Also considering Utica has only had the AQ bid for 1 year, they would have had alot more appearances. Just get over it man, Utica trumps Plattsburgh in everything hockey wise nowadays. Turn the page *clap* *clap* *clap*
          HAHA Shows how much you know lol come back when you grow some knowledge lol Let me find a few books for you to read on "scholarships" …. or ask Neumann or Potsdam what "scholarships" are lol rookie lol Last I checked Utica has won the UCHC Tournament ...once... and the ECAC West Tournament.... Zero... so what would an autobid have done? Even had those leagues had the bid, they wouldn't have been dancing...You actually have to win in the playoffs to make the tournament.... it was pretty well evident that Utica played a cake NC schedule for years until it starting biting them in the butt....so yes...the autobid would have gained you ONE more NCAA tournament appearance...still one less than what Plattsburgh has had in their sucky last 5 years.... I guess math isn't a strong suit either? 2>1 ??
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Now this is vintage USCHO days right here!

#MakeUSCHOgreatagain
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

HAHA Shows how much you know lol come back when you grow some knowledge lol Let me find a few books for you to read on "scholarships" …. or ask Neumann or Potsdam what "scholarships" are lol rookie lol Last I checked Utica has won the UCHC Tournament ...once... and the ECAC West Tournament.... Zero... so what would an autobid have done? Even had those leagues had the bid, they wouldn't have been dancing...You actually have to win in the playoffs to make the tournament.... it was pretty well evident that Utica played a cake NC schedule for years until it starting biting them in the butt....so yes...the autobid would have gained you ONE more NCAA tournament appearance...still one less than what Plattsburgh has had in their sucky last 5 years.... I guess math isn't a strong suit either? 2>1 ??
              Can you help me “grow” some knowledge? Are you insinuating that Utica is cheating and giving out scholarships?

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Now this is vintage USCHO days right here!

#MakeUSCHOgreatagain
                Thought i would stir the pot. You are welcome

Comment

Thought i would stir the pot. You are welcome
                  See you're catching on... took you long enough... I've haven't seen this many eyes on a thread in a while. Job well done In all seriousness tho I expect Utica to make the outdoor experience a fun time. I wouldn't be surprised if the UC/OSU game is one of (if not the largest) DIII game in 2021. The whole "outdoor" thing has really kind of lost its luster from a coaches standpoint tho. We've played in several outdoor tournaments and ...meh. We did have a team from Tampa come play in one earlier this year and they thought it was cool playing in 45 degree weather … ( ) As long as there is chicken riggies and Utica Club...does it really matter?
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Can you help me “grow” some knowledge? Are you insinuating that Utica is cheating and giving out scholarships?
                    Again, being serious here, yes most schools give out scholarships in one form or another. A school can give out just about anything as long as they are giving it equally to non-athletes (these are NOT athletic scholarships BTW). The issue becomes (just as I explained in other threads) for a school to give out $10,000 to a hockey player, they have to give out $10,000 to an Arts major or Nursing student. A lot of schools can not afford the $$$$ to be giving out anymore. So when school (A) says "heck yea we can give you a break, and school (B) says "sorry our funds are tapped out, you have to pay full price"...where do you think they are going? Yes some schools have other draws, but money talks. And no, there is NOTHING illegal as long as teams are doing it 50/50 (and not 98% athletes to 2% athletes like OTHER DIII schools did and got away with)…..
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Again, being serious here, yes most schools give out scholarships in one form or another. A school can give out just about anything as long as they are giving it equally to non-athletes (these are NOT athletic scholarships BTW). The issue becomes (just as I explained in other threads) for a school to give out $10,000 to a hockey player, they have to give out $10,000 to an Arts major or Nursing student. A lot of schools can not afford the $$$$ to be giving out anymore. So when school (A) says "heck yea we can give you a break, and school (B) says "sorry our funds are tapped out, you have to pay full price"...where do you think they are going? Yes some schools have other draws, but money talks. And no, there is NOTHING illegal as long as teams are doing it 50/50 (and not 98% athletes to 2% athletes like OTHER DIII schools did and got away with)…..
                      Ok there is a difference between financial aid and scholarship money, that is the loophole. And Utica isnt exactly bleeding from the ears with $$$ like you make it seem

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                        Ok there is a difference between financial aid and scholarship money, that is the loophole. And Utica isnt exactly bleeding from the ears with $$$ like you make it seem
                        Yes and no, FA is another ball of wax.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                          Can you admit you were wrong about championship attendance numbers at least?
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Yet couldnt get more than 1600 for the NCAA Finals?
                            There were no local teams involved, for the love of God!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              There were no local teams involved, for the love of God!
                              That's the point he is making. Other neutral sites drew more with no local teams involved. In a hockey town, people will come out for hockey even with no local teams. I think that is his point.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                That's the point he is making. Other neutral sites drew more with no local teams involved. In a hockey town, people will come out for hockey even with no local teams. I think that is his point.
                                Nobody shows up in Placid, either, unless the fan-bases are handy, last I checked, and not even then.

The Utica FF was fairly typical in that respect.

D-3 hockey is a cottage industry at best, and it would take a perfect storm of geography to fill any decent-sized venue in any given season.

Can you possibly imagine say, 5000 tickets sold for a D-3 FF anywhere on Earth?

I can't.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-20-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X