Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
    Utica vs Oswego OUTDOORS next February

https://twitter.com/OD_Birnell/statu...019533826?s=20
    Well that'll be fun. Any idea where on the base the rink will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I'm wondering the same thing...lot of room up there.
      Utica Pioneers Hockey
      2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
      2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
      2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
      2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Spent some time looking at Google Maps and I see one area where they could put everything. Had to keep in mind, it is technically an active airport.

If you look near the Family Dollar distribution center, just NW of that are 2 areas that were used for aircraft parking, etc. Don't think they're in use now, or could be made available for the festivities and maybe some parking. IMO, that's the one good spot I'd go for; it's a huge, flat open space, ideal for a rink setup. There is some space near the baseball fields further down the road, but I think it'd be a tight squeeze with everything/everyone. Supposed to be ~16k seats so we'll see what they come up with.

Also, just found out, looks like the UC v. Oswego game tickets will be $10/each & general admission
        Last edited by UCfan30; 02-19-2020, 12:11 PM. Reason: info
        Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Went down to the Aud today, the guy told me the ticket to the game would be included in your season ticket package if you're a STH, so if you're renewing for 2020-21, you should be fine

Comment

cool another outdoor showdown..

Comment

Russ, UC didn't have a mortal lock on a bid before last weekend's games. There were teams close enough to drive Utica down to 5th in the PW, and then the AQ's could have closed the door in a perfect storm.

Now, Utica is safely in, if my homework is accurate.

"Comprehend" that, old bud!
              I never said they had a mortal lock. I said they were essentially in. So yeah I did give myself a little wiggle room. :-) Then you went off on your tirade about the regular season. Which had nothing to do with what either you or I were talking about.

Like I said, debate and reading comprehension. Learn it.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                Spent some time looking at Google Maps and I see one area where they could put everything. Had to keep in mind, it is technically an active airport.

If you look near the Family Dollar distribution center, just NW of that are 2 areas that were used for aircraft parking, etc. Don't think they're in use now, or could be made available for the festivities and maybe some parking. IMO, that's the one good spot I'd go for; it's a huge, flat open space, ideal for a rink setup. There is some space near the baseball fields further down the road, but I think it'd be a tight squeeze with everything/everyone. Supposed to be ~16k seats so we'll see what they come up with.

Also, just found out, looks like the UC v. Oswego game tickets will be $10/each & general admission
                I know that area. We ski up there on the snowmobile trails. It certainly could work, and so could the ballparks right on and around DeLutis, farther South.

Are they expecting 16K? That seems optimistic to me, but the people eat this outdoor-hockey sh*t up. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close, as in maybe 7K for the college game and 12K or so for the AHL game. Where will they find the bleachers? (Somewhere, no doubt.)

The big wild-card will be the weather. It's getting warmer of late, and if this event was staged this year on the same date, we'd have been looking at rain and impossible ice.

Comment

Everybody wants outdoor hockey, but nobody wanted to go to Hobart when the Cooler was outdoors. What's the diff?
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Everybody wants outdoor hockey, but nobody wanted to go to Hobart when the Cooler was outdoors. What's the diff?
                    We had to go outside to warm up!

The wind blew off Seneca Lake, and the snow fell inside... Then, if you were lucky, you could sit on a frigid aluminum bleacher to actually have a shot at seeing the ice. (That was cozy.)

An absolutely horrible venue. And yet, Hobart has a great program... That's a complete mystery to me.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-19-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      I never said they had a mortal lock. I said they were essentially in. So yeah I did give myself a little wiggle room. :-) Then you went off on your tirade about the regular season. Which had nothing to do with what either you or I were talking about.

Like I said, debate and reading comprehension. Learn it.
                      Looky here: I can have someone read to me, no problem...

But UC didn't lock-up anything up 2.5 weeks ago.

They just didn't.

Now, it's looking pretty good.

You're taking a page out of the old PSUC notebook on this one. I was just awarded my GED recently, and I comprehend sh*t just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        I know. To me, there is a difference between a stadium game and simply an outdoor game.

This is the latter. I don’t see the attraction.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Looky here: I can have someone read to me, no problem...

But UC didn't lock-up anything up 2.5 weeks ago.

They just didn't.

Now, it's looking pretty good.

You're taking a page out of the old PSUC notebook on this one. I was just awarded my GED recently, and I comprehend sh*t just fine.
                          Holy cow. You still don’t get what you did. Totally hopeless.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Outdoor game in a facility to be built in the middle of an economic development zone...16k? Dome game did half that...I think. Cool idea but let’s not set expectations based on attendance...it’s the experience.
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              Outdoor game in a facility to be built in the middle of an economic development zone...16k? Dome game did half that...I think. Cool idea but let’s not set expectations based on attendance...it’s the experience.
                              They're supposedly building space for ~16k seats, whether they will all be filled has yet to be determined. I wouldn't expect 16k for the college game (would be cool lol) but it seems more likely for the AHL game. I believe the dome game saw ~7k for UC v Oswego (still current D3 record btw) then the AHL saw ~31k. What's the saying, "if you build it, they will come"? lol. A lot of prep/construction needed, wherever they decide to put it up there, it's going to be a busy planning year.
                              Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                The Dome essentially sold out for the AHL game. That's the only thing they cared about because they wanted to break the AHL attendance record.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X