Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I'm one of those.
    I'm not quite in that demographic, but you take good care as well. We all want you on here for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      The women's games were played tonight with no fans.
      We are talking about a game that is more than a week away. The NHL will follow the NBA and suspend their season today, almost guaranteed. This whole virus thing is about to spiral out of control, listen to any health expert and they all say that this is just the very early stages. There is a less than 5% chance that game is played next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        We are talking about a game that is more than a week away. The NHL will follow the NBA and suspend their season today, almost guaranteed. This whole virus thing is about to spiral out of control, listen to any health expert and they all say that this is just the very early stages. There is a less than 5% chance that game is played next weekend.
        All youth tournaments have been canceled and Nationals. You will see the NCAA March Madness canceled today and the NHL (like you said). Only a matter of when, not if, now. We were able to get our hotel refunded as businesses have been told they have to refund due to a pandemic. The funny thing was, the team we were set to play tomorrow was from New Rochelle...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I guess that means #1 PWR is 2020 Champ!

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
            I'd like to think so too (plus #1 seed in tourney)

Really stinks it had to end this way, especially for the seniors, must really be hard for them. What a great group of guys, will definitely miss them.
            Utica Pioneers Hockey
            2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
            2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
            2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
            2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              All youth tournaments have been canceled and Nationals. You will see the NCAA March Madness canceled today and the NHL (like you said). Only a matter of when, not if, now. We were able to get our hotel refunded as businesses have been told they have to refund due to a pandemic. The funny thing was, the team we were set to play tomorrow was from New Rochelle...
              NHL has suspended the season. MLB has stopped spring training and postponed the start of the season. Out here, my granddaughters' swim meets have been cancelled for the next two weekends, and these were the 10 and under districts. Lots and lots of events are being cancelled or conducted with no spectators. Colorado high school basketball tournaments will allow each player to invite four spectators, but otherwise only "essential personnel." This is necessary, but given the head start the virus has, one can wonder if these steps were taken soon enough.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

As regards the title of this thread, it looks like UC isn't going to catch a break this year. Likely the best team in the history of the program, with certainly the highest expectations won't get the opportunity to see if they could do it.

I especially feel for the seniors on all the NCAA qualifying teams that were hoping to end their careers on the big stage of the national tournament.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Has anyone checked up on FISH??...…….To bad The U had a nice season going feel bad for all seniors on all teams..

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                    Works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Has anyone checked up on FISH??...…….To bad The U had a nice season going feel bad for all seniors on all teams..
                      Thanks for checking-in bakdraft.

Old Fishy is still alive, but out of toilet paper...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Thanks for checking-in bakdraft.

Old Fishy is still alive, but out of toilet paper...
                        I doubt you're out since you're still full of....have a nice day too bad Fish was really looking forward to UC in the playoffs. Should be back next year?
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

So just saying Utica #1 in pairwise Norwich #1 in coaches poll. Split the Natty between two. At least they go out champions! UCHC regular season and conference champs, longest win streak in D1 or D3 hockey, highest scoring percentage in the country. At least a banner will hang to remember some good from this season.

Comment

So.....trying to create a positive vibe, and please feel free to move this to a new thread. WHAT ABOUT NEXT YEAR! This team only loses four seniors. Now one is the league D-man of the year, another the second team and past goalie of the year, captain and glue guy D-man. Oz, Zap, Ott, Kjellkvist, Landrigan, Monkovich, Holland oh my firepower. Defense should continue to be solid after shaky start. Two very capable backup goalies ready to take over. LETS GO UC!

Comment

• Originally posted by capswon View Post
                              So just saying Utica #1 in pairwise Norwich #1 in coaches poll. Split the Natty between two. At least they go out champions! UCHC regular season and conference champs, longest win streak in D1 or D3 hockey, highest scoring percentage in the country. At least a banner will hang to remember some good from this season.
                              If Norwich or Utica want to hang a banner they can do that, but the NCAA shouldn’t sanction it unless they’re awarding a championship on the ice.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                                If Norwich or Utica want to hang a banner they can do that, but the NCAA shouldn’t sanction it unless they’re awarding a championship on the ice.
                                The banner was in reference to the UCHC Conference championship. The first part of post was a shot at some sort of humor in this crappy day. Obviously you didnt get that.

Comment

Working...
                                X