Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Outdoor game in a facility to be built in the middle of an economic development zone...16k? Dome game did half that...I think. Cool idea but let’s not set expectations based on attendance...it’s the experience.
    The Comets Crunch game was very clearly the main event for the Dome and there were 0 seats available. It wont be any different next year. Id expect the college game to get 5-6 thousand and the AHL game close to a sellout the following night

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      I know. To me, there is a difference between a stadium game and simply an outdoor game.

This is the latter. I don’t see the attraction.
      So there is no stadium? This really will be just a supersized Cooler to host an AHL game, and Utica gets to play the day before. Meh.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

People love their hockey in the Utica-Rome area, Comets 195+ sellouts, even D3 Utica College gets 3500+ a game, #1 D3 attendance in the country. You might be surprised how many people attend the games, won't surprise me at all.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          People love their hockey in the Utica-Rome area, Comets 195+ sellouts, even D3 Utica College gets 3500+ a game, #1 D3 attendance in the country. You might be surprised how many people attend the games, won't surprise me at all.
          Yet couldnt get more than 1600 for the NCAA Finals?
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            3500 per game....are those asses in the seats or sold tiks??

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Yet couldnt get more than 1600 for the NCAA Finals?
              Probably still double the attendance for any other NCAA Final lol. If Utica was playing that year you wouldn't have been able to buy a ticket. They were next to impossible to get the year they hosted Bowdoin in the NCAA tourney and are impossible to get for the Teddy Bear Toss game every year unless you pre-order months in advance. The fan base would be top 20 at the D1 level, and its not even the best hockey to watch in town.

Again...you were saying??

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                Probably still double the attendance for any other NCAA Final lol. If Utica was playing that year you wouldn't have been able to buy a ticket. They were next to impossible to get the year they hosted Bowdoin in the NCAA tourney and are impossible to get for the Teddy Bear Toss game every year unless you pre-order months in advance. The fan base would be top 20 at the D1 level, and its not even the best hockey to watch in town.

Again...you were saying??
                Umm you should probably fact check before going off the deep end. Of the 10 Eastern Neutral Site Championship games, Utica's (Norwich vs Trinity) ranks 9th out of 10 in LEAST attended. So yea, there is that. The other 9 Eastern Neutral Site Championship games AVERAGED 2700+, so there is that too. Utica supports UC hockey, sure. We all know why. They do great for the Teddy Bear toss (great job there too - had a coworker for the first time this year as his daughter got him tickets (she plays LAX at UC). Again, clap clap...but when you have the big stage of the NCAA Final Four (whether your team is in it or not) and you pull in the 2nd lowest total, sorry I don't consider you a hockey town. I am not saying the outdoor game will be a ghost town by any means, but expecting this event to sell out (or just be full) because Utica has a big home attendance record … and yes I realize UC is involved in some of it, but a true hockey city (more than comfy seats and a brew) would support a Final Four Championship. Heck even the little town of Lewiston ME had more fans (with two Western teams playing....)
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Umm you should probably fact check before going off the deep end. Of the 10 Eastern Neutral Site Championship games, Utica's (Norwich vs Trinity) ranks 9th out of 10 in LEAST attended. So yea, there is that. The other 9 Eastern Neutral Site Championship games AVERAGED 2700+, so there is that too. Utica supports UC hockey, sure. We all know why. They do great for the Teddy Bear toss (great job there too - had a coworker for the first time this year as his daughter got him tickets (she plays LAX at UC). Again, clap clap...but when you have the big stage of the NCAA Final Four (whether your team is in it or not) and you pull in the 2nd lowest total, sorry I don't consider you a hockey town. I am not saying the outdoor game will be a ghost town by any means, but expecting this event to sell out (or just be full) because Utica has a big home attendance record … and yes I realize UC is involved in some of it, but a true hockey city (more than comfy seats and a brew) would support a Final Four Championship. Heck even the little town of Lewiston ME had more fans (with two Western teams playing....)
                  None of the Lake Placid finals had over 1,000. I was at all of them

You wont be able to convince me there is a D3 town/city out there that is more hockey crazed than Utica. Whats Plattsburgh draw like 500 a game now?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

You wont be able to convince me there is a D3 town/city out there that is more hockey crazed than Utica. Whats Plattsburgh draw like 500 a game now?
                    Yea...I'm sure you were bud lol
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Still average around 1250 even with the down year

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Yea...I'm sure you were bud lol
                        Confirmed Plattsburgh a bigger hockey town than Utica.....keep livin in the 80s, bud

Comment

Confirmed Plattsburgh a bigger hockey town than Utica.....keep livin in the 80s, bud
                          Hmmm...last I knew Clinton was Hockeyville. Just sayin' Home of the Original Comets.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                            Maybe your reading comprehension is lacking, but I never mentioned Plattsburgh in any of this, nor would I (I hope that's not the best comeback you have - kind of weak *yawn*). I mean the 80's were pretty cool. Won a lot of games, few Championships (btw what has Utica ever won in DIII Hockey?? ... *crickets*crickets*crickets.... no? okay....) Haven't lived up North in almost 20 years, but hey cool Utica #9 Top Crime rate City in NY... *clap clap* Dodging homeless or potholes around the great bus station of Utica. It was always a treat bringing NY States finest citizens back to the high class of Utica for court. Ranks right up there with my trips to the Bronx and Queens... We all know why people go to the UC games and why they don't... that doesn't make you a hockey town, alcoholics maybe. Supporting hockey (whether your team is in it or not) makes you a hockey town (not the 2nd lowest Championship total.... And no, I don't expect Buffalo to "jam pack" the rink this year either, but it wouldn't surprise me that they beat Utica's (insert Billy Fuccillo voice) HUUUUGGGEE numbers they put up in 2017.... Heck the PSU Women home Championship games could rival that...
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Not sure why I'm getting involved here but, here are the numbers.

2019-20 Utica 11 home games 40,433 attendance 3676 fans per game
                              2019-20 Oswego 10 home games 20,783 2078 fans per game
                              2019-20 Plattsburgh 13 home 19,113 1470 fans per game

I went back five years and Platty's best was 2016-17 4th 1578 fans per game 82% full

Utica has averaged 3300-3600 fans EVERY YEAR You haven't got a clue, enough said.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Not sure why I'm getting involved here but, here are the numbers.

2019-20 Utica 11 home games 40,433 attendance 3676 fans per game
                                2019-20 Oswego 10 home games 20,783 2078 fans per game
                                2019-20 Plattsburgh 13 home 19,113 1470 fans per game

I went back five years and Platty's best was 2016-17 4th 1578 fans per game 82% full

Utica has averaged 3300-3600 fans EVERY YEAR You haven't got a clue, enough said.
                                And WHO even brought up Plattsburgh besides you people? I've been on that bandwagon for years (and taken lots of slack for it) for the declining attendance. Having said that, (like I put) that's great...you come out and support (non-NCAA event) UC hockey.. *clap clap* but cant show up to a Final Four weekend (one of the lowest in the Neutral Day era.. Doesn't say a lot for claiming to be a "hockey" town (and amazing, Utica is over 3 times the size of Plattsburgh since you are tossing stats...)
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X