Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    You sure ?
    All the polls are archived. Don’t believe me, look them up yourself.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Just saw that Cortland beat Wilkes 6-5 in OT. That will put some **** into Wilkes come Friday. Hope they don't come out flat against them or Wilkes may end it early. Also who plays a Friday game at 5pm!?

Comment

Who with Brain Cell One cares about the polls?

The beauty-contest coaches' polls means absolutely nothing. Zero. A complete waste of time to discuss.

The PWR, on the other hand, might be pertinent as far as AL berths go, depending on how many gift-AQ's land in the Nationals.

Either you guys don't understand the calculus, or maybe you are just bullying Shabby. Either way, it's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Are you talking about the poll? They were never fourth in the poll.

They did go from #4 to #5 in the PWR.
          Which actually has some potential value.

Good God.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Which actually has some potential value.

Good God.
            Yes, we all know that. Now take a Valium.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              All the polls are archived. Don’t believe me, look them up yourself.
              Geesh...was just asking ? Fish, I don't think he meant anything bad by his comment. Sometimes when you write stuff it's misunderstood.
              Last edited by sshablak; 01-15-2020, 06:44 AM.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Just because the polls don't affect anything doesn't mean they have no value. I for one look forward to them coming out every week.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  Just because the polls don't affect anything doesn't mean they have no value. I for one look forward to them coming out every week.
                  The "coaches'poll" actually has no meaning whatsoever these days.

There is a little bit of entertainment there, I suppose, but no actual "value" in any real sense of the word.

I honestly wonder why that is even a thing anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There is a little bit of entertainment there, I suppose, but no actual "value" in any real sense of the word.

I honestly wonder why that is even a thing anymore.
                    You’re right it has zero influence on the recruiting process and definitely not publicized by any programs.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                      I see a couple of guys have moved along and are no longer
                      On the roster...
                      Long overdue to respond, but thanks for pointing this out.

Looks like Gerson, Becker and Etelisano are history.

Strictly in a hockey sense, they won't be missed much. They went 1-0-1 in the aggregate this year, and hardly ever played.

Gerson and Becker just couldn't handle the pace, but I'm guessing that Etelisano left for other reasons.

(He had some game and played a lot last year.)
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-15-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Strictly in a hockey sense, they won't be missed much. They went 1-0-1 in the aggregate this year, and hardly ever played.

Gerson and Becker just couldn't handle the pace, but I'm guessing that Etelisano left for other reasons.

What happened to Haskins? He was playing ...

Comment

JT Entelisano transferred to Nazareth. What are the rules, does he have to sit out a semester ? I feel bad for him, must have been a very hard decision.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            JT Entelisano transferred to Nazareth. What are the rules, does he have to sit out a semester ? I feel bad for him, must have been a very hard decision.
                            In D3, there is no sitting out after transferring no matter what in any sport.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              You’re right it has zero influence on the recruiting process and definitely not publicized by any programs.
                              LOL

Not to mention, there is a huge amount of publicity for the publications that put them out.

Plus, TV networks use them to market big games they are about to televise.

Lots and lots of uses for the polls.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

val·ue
                                /ˈvalyo͞o/
                                noun
                                the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.

People still regard it and programs and media think it has intrinsic worth. So I would say it has value in the dictionary first sense of the word.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X