Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by capswon View Post
    The banner was in reference to the UCHC Conference championship. The first part of post was a shot at some sort of humor in this crappy day. Obviously you didnt get that.
    It is a crappy day. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I do resent the idea of Utica and Norwich being co-champions without a tournament being played. As they say, that’s why they play the games.
    #OneKnight

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Thanks for checking-in bakdraft.

Old Fishy is still alive, but out of toilet paper...
      Here's something funny.

Back in the Fall, I got a free 90-day membership at BJ's. So, I stocked up big time on non perishables -- detergent, bleach, soap, toothpaste, and yes toilet paper. So, if you came into my basement, you will think I was one of those idiotic hoarders of toilet paper. But all I did was stock up while the item was cheap having no idea what was going to go down.
      Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-12-2020, 08:33 PM.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        If Norwich or Utica want to hang a banner they can do that, but the NCAA shouldn’t sanction it unless they’re awarding a championship on the ice.
        Of course, the NCAA isn't going to sanction anything like that. Let's get a grip folks.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Why hasn’t Utica College posted anything to its website concerning their NCAA game being allegedly canceled?
          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
            Why hasn’t Utica College posted anything to its website concerning their NCAA game being allegedly canceled?
            The game is cancelled! It sucks but the NCAA already released an official statement.
            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
              It is on the Athletics front page......down at the bottom of the page...in really fine type. Believe it or not......this is not the most pressing information the College is trying to get disseminated at this time.
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                It is on the Athletics front page......down at the bottom of the page...in really fine type. Believe it or not......this is not the most pressing information the College is trying to get disseminated at this time.
                Just couldn't find it, but now it makes sense why. This COVID-19 is vastly overrated and they are going to feel like fools when canceling these games does nothing to prevent the spread of something that most will not be affected by.
                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                  Just couldn't find it, but now it makes sense why. This COVID-19 is vastly overrated and they are going to feel like fools when canceling these games does nothing to prevent the spread of something that most will not be affected by.
                  Considering experts are saying 40%-70% are going to be effected by it, you are blatently wrong

Comment

You are a very ignorant person.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

This COVID-19 is vastly overrated and they are going to feel like fools when canceling these games does nothing to prevent the spread of something that most will not be affected by.
                      I think that when this is all over, if people say it wasn't that bad and we overreacted, it will be because we took appropriate action early enough that we avoided a crisis. That would be a very good thing!
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Answering the question in the title of this thread - Apparently not.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          I doubt you're out since you're still full of....have a nice day too bad Fish was really looking forward to UC in the playoffs. Should be back next year?
                          Champs, while I appreciate your heartfelt concern, fear not... There is no shortage of corn-cobs here in the Mohawk Valley.

(Well, not yet, anyway...)

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            I think that when this is all over, if people say it wasn't that bad and we overreacted, it will be because we took appropriate action early enough that we avoided a crisis. That would be a very good thing!
                            Absolutely. NY has been pro-active on this one, instead of ignoring Epidemiology 101.

(And please excuse my excessive posting. I have a sudden low-grade fever of 100.2, but I might wake up dead tomorrow, so I gotta spout-off while I still draw breath!)

Best of luck to you all, and look after the senior members of your family. We don't want to lose those peeps before we have to.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-13-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Absolutely. NY has been pro-active on this one, instead of ignoring Epidemiology 101.

(And please excuse my excessive posting. I have a sudden low-grade fever of 100.2, but I might wake up dead tomorrow, so I gotta spout-off while I still draw breath!)

Best of luck to you all, and look after the senior members of your family. We don't want to lose those peeps before we have to.
                              Get well. I need a foil.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

This thing is real. A woman in the apartment complex where I live was taken by ambulance to the hospital last night with a high fever and respiratory distress. Could be flu, could be COVID, could be something else altogether, but it is scary.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X