Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

lol
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Still don't... And they don't have UC's record correct in the standings, the PWR nor the KRACH... And they don't know how the UCHC parses points...

Other than that, they're doing a great job.
      4th

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        4th
        4th in all 3 metrics tonight. Is one 4th better than the other two???? (Discuss) lol
        Last edited by UCBadger; 01-18-2020, 10:18 PM.
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

The PW is the only one that matters (as you know), and if UC stays in the top-5 there, they'll be in good shape for an AL bid, should things go sideways in the silly conference-AQ "calculus".

Comment

The PW is the only one that matters (as you know), and if UC stays in the top-5 there, they'll be in good shape for an AL bid, should things go sideways in the silly conference-AQ "calculus".
            Looks like the coaches poll was right Fish...Canton was never a top 5 team in the country

Comment

Looks like the coaches poll was right Fish...Canton was never a top 5 team in the country
              My point was that the coaches' poll doesn't matter...

And it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                Don’t poke the bear...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Not sure at all why Canton's performance is *seemingly* pertinent to this discussion. People can pick nits for the sake of an argument, sure, but I don't recall anyone touting Canton as a contender, and certainly not me. They had a good start, have fallen back to the pack since then, and I have barely noticed.

Again, the beauty contest means nothing, whether Canton is "ranked" #1 or # 50. That's the point here.

The only metric that carries an ounce of weight via an AL bid is the PWR. Nothing else is worth wasting the key-strokes on.

Comment

Not sure at all why Canton's performance is *seemingly* pertinent to this discussion. People can pick nits for the sake of an argument, sure, but I don't recall anyone touting Canton as a contender, and certainly not me. They had a good start, have fallen back to the pack since then, and I have barely noticed.

Again, the beauty contest means nothing, whether Canton is "ranked" #1 or # 50. That's the point here.

The only metric that carries an ounce of weight via an AL bid is the PWR. Nothing else is worth wasting the key-strokes on.
                    Thats my point. The PWR had them at #4 and the coaches poll didnt have them anywhere close to that. Almost like they knew they didnt belong or something...

Comment

Just curious, box score shows last night's attendance over 4300. I think 3915 is sold out, did they sell 400 plus SRO tickets ?
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Another "W" for Utica today. They could be a tough out come post season time. Wouldn't want to see them across the ice in March.

Comment

Thats my point. The PWR had them at #4 and the coaches poll didnt have them anywhere close to that. Almost like they knew they didnt belong or something...
                          Well, maybe water sought its own level over time. (The PWR just crunched what numbers it had to process it at that early moment.)

The more data, the better.

(And, oddly, losing to Oswego this year qualifies as a bad loss.)
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-26-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Just curious, box score shows last night's attendance over 4300. I think 3915 is sold out, did they sell 400 plus SRO tickets ?
                            If they did, nobody stood, Shabby.

UC sells a lot of no-show corporate blocks, which usually inflates attendance numbers. The only time(s) I've seen every seat occupied were TBT's and the post-season games.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                              Another "W" for Utica today. They could be a tough out come post season time. Wouldn't want to see them across the ice in March.
                              Weird game.

Utica was up 2-0 after one, with a 20-1 SOG advantage. Utter domination. M'ville got close in the 2nd on maybe 5 shots, total, at that point. (The 5x3 didn't hurt.)

The officiating was putrid. Looked like the WWE with all the clutching and grabbing out there, and M'ville did it all.

I am biased for sure, but if that crap is let go, we're looking at mid-80's hockey again. Even the MC dad next to me commented that unless they pull a gun, it's all good.

Comment

Well, the poll had Utica at #12 or so back then, too. Same difference. No accountability nor logic was involved in either instance.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X