Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

I see a couple of guys have moved along and are no longer
    On the roster...

Comment

No, just D1,2,3. Our association is not affiliated with any JUCO conferences.

Comment

Well, Talk about surviving! Utica dominated for long stretches of first and second periods. Then inexplicably they took their foot off the gas and packed it in playing not to lose in the third. Oh well get the W get on the bus and get ready to rumble in the W.B

Comment

We were out with similar old gas-bags tonight, but got home in time to see the 3rd v. Oswego.

That certainly wasn't a signature win, but it would have been a bad loss. It's odd to see a mediocre OSU team, but that's happened for the first time I've seen in 20 years of watching D-3 hockey.

Again, Landrigan was a key piece of the puzzle. UC now has 2.5 lines which have to be considered and defended.

I'm definitely encouraged.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-10-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I'd call that a good win, PWR doesn't look at how they won, over the years it seems Ozz has always put a damper on UC's season, especially in Oswego. OOC, when was the last time UC beat Ozz in Oswego, ever ? Pios #9 in PWR now.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              I'd call that a good win, PWR doesn't look at how they won, over the years it seems Ozz has always put a damper on UC's season, especially in Oswego. OOC, when was the last time UC beat Ozz in Oswego, ever ? Pios #9 in PWR now.
              If they ever won in Oswego I don't remember it... And isn't that your alma mater at #4?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                If they ever won in Oswego I don't remember it... And isn't that your alma mater at #4?
                Dec 7, 2012. 3-2
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Had a Fish moment up here at Clarkson. 1st Clarkson goal went under video review lol
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    It sure is, what is it, their third year in D3 ? Not too shabby !

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      Dec 7, 2012. 3-2
                      Thanks. I kinda thought that UC engineered a big upset there years ago, but, then again, I forget what I had for breakfast most days.

Oswego has been as good as it gets in the East for the 20 years I've paid attention. Even winning against this year's atypical iteration feels like a feather in UC's cap.

Comment

It sure is, what is it, their third year in D3 ? Not too shabby !
                        S***, I guess.

I felt that the tie in Utica was a disappointment at the time, but maybe not. Canton looks like the real deal so far.

Always fun to see upstart programs get up to speed so quickly.

Comment

Canton had a win and tie this weekend against Buffalo State. They dropped from 4th to out of the rankings Or am I missing something, very strange. Still #5 in PWR though.

Comment

Canton had a win and tie this weekend against Buffalo State. They dropped from 4th to out of the rankings Or am I missing something, very strange. Still #5 in PWR though.
                            Are you talking about the poll? They were never fourth in the poll.

They did go from #4 to #5 in the PWR.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

You sure ?

Comment

You sure ?
                                I can back him up. Canton was never in the rankings. I don't think they have ever been ranked in their programs history

Comment

Working...
                                X