Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by puckme View Post
    So this means even though I've been a STH since 2002 I probably won't be able to get any seat let alone my seat if I get there tonight at 5?
    Depends really, you might be able to get 'your' seat(s), worst case is you have to choose another area. There was a steady amount of people when the box office opened at 10, should still be a decent amount of seats left though (at least I'd hope).
    Utica Pioneers Hockey
    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by puckme View Post
      So this means even though I've been a STH since 2002 I probably won't be able to get any seat let alone my seat if I get there tonight at 5?
      I think you'll have no problem getting seats, just possibly not your exact season ticket seats if they were NCAA-blocked or another STH bought them.

Remember, this policy just allows STHs to buy before the general public. It doesn't reserve your particular STH seats.

Comment

Harvard has cancelled it's games this weekend forfeiting to RPI, Cornell not letting fans in the game. What's next ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
          Depends really, you might be able to get 'your' seat(s), worst case is you have to choose another area. There was a steady amount of people when the box office opened at 10, should still be a decent amount of seats left though (at least I'd hope).
          I was there at 10 and the line was going so slow with 4 windows open. I left after 20 minutes when a fistfight almost broke out. I'll try my luck tonight before the Comets game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcase View Post
            I think you'll have no problem getting seats, just possibly not your exact season ticket seats if they were NCAA-blocked or another STH bought them.

Remember, this policy just allows STHs to buy before the general public. It doesn't reserve your particular STH seats.
            Didnt bother buying tickets. Theres almost a 0% chance the NCAA lets fans in next Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
              Didnt bother buying tickets. Theres almost a 0% chance the NCAA lets fans in next Saturday
              Yep, just saw the statement released from the NCAA, not looking good. Figures, I got tickets today, waiting to see if the college releases any info.

NCAA Statement: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ce-ncaa-events
              Utica Pioneers Hockey
              2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
              2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
              2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
              2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                Yep, just saw the statement released from the NCAA, not looking good. Figures, I got tickets today, waiting to see if the college releases any info.

NCAA Statement: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ce-ncaa-events
                Not a choice of the college. Go get your refund. No fans in the seats !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Not a choice of the college. Go get your refund. No fans in the seats !
                  Correct. All NCAA playoff games in all sports.

Brockport just announced their home Sweet 16 BB game against Utica will have no fans, per the NCAA edict.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I went and bought tickets, but I'm pretty sure that you're right.

At least the brilliant Dr. Pence is on the job!
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-11-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      I went and bought tickets, but I'm pretty sure that you're right.

At least the brilliant Dr. Pence is on the job!
                      And to be honest, I doubt they even end up playing the game

Comment

Right now, I suspect that it'll be played in an empty arena, and that the soccer game will be cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                          The women's games were played tonight with no fans.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Having just heard that the NBA has suspended the season for the nonce, forget about D-3 hockey.

Everyone be careful and watch out for your elderly friends and relatives.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-11-2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Having just heard that the NBA has suspended the season for the nonce, forget about D-3 hockey.

Everyone be careful and watch out for your elderly friends and relatives.
                              I'm one of those.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                I'm one of those.
                                USA hockey has cancelled youth national tournaments
                                No states for youth hockey in Buffalo this weekend.
                                Wouldn’t be surprised to see High School Championships
                                At the Harbor Center called off as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X