Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Great win ! Benny, got started too early here and decided I better not drive. There's always playoffs, and or NCAA's. Fish, if they stay at PWR #2 will they get a quarterfinal NCAA game at home ? I'm thinking yes.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Great win ! Benny, got started too early here and decided I better not drive. There's always playoffs, and or NCAA's. Fish, if they stay at PWR #2 will they get a quarterfinal NCAA game at home ? I'm thinking yes.
      I can't imagine that they wouldn't...

(And the beers were $7 a pop last night, so you saved a bundle. )

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        I wouldnt take anything a fan of a 9-13-3 team says too personally Fish. I still would love a coffee though
        So you pretty much just take what bandwagon fans say seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
          So you pretty much just take what bandwagon fans say seriously?
          "Bandwagon fans"..?

People are simply more engaged when there's something positive to talk about, as opposed to ragging on a lousy program time and time again. That gets old.

Comment

Looking back from game 1 to now I thought this team would battle for UCHC title. Now it could be more than that. Offensively there were 2 lines that they were getting production from....now all four lines with every forward being able to score or contribute offensively. Speed,speed,speed and more speed. Even the big forwards can pick them up and put them down. My biggest worry was Defense. Early they showed lapses of *** was that? Now that has been greatly reduced and there are very few of those heart stopping moments. Breakout passes are tape to tape and one pass and out of zone. Goaltending is....yup try and beat him. Taking it one game at a time but boy I hope a trip to Western NY is on my agenda for late March.

Comment

Top to bottom, a great game Saturday, thought it'd be a lot closer but I'll take it. They definitely are keeping their foot on the gas, hope they keep it up. If I were them, if they ended up playing Naz in the semi's, I wouldn't take them lightly, as they knocked off Stevenson and Wilkes in back-to-back weekends (also, thanks Naz for that haha). Elmira won't be an easy series either. I feel like every line Heenan puts on the ice can contribute in some way, shape or form. I'm incredibly impressed with the play of the freshmen this year, as well as the rest of the team. This team is definitely something special, not going to lie, I'd definitely say better than the 2012-13 team. It's just fun to watch them, they seem like a real close-knit group and they have fun out there. Hope they can keep this momentum rolling into the playoffs, been a heck of a regular season, but (unfortunately) anything's possible in the playoffs Also, anyone at the game think the called off goal was in or not? It was hard to tell from my angle, plus it happened so fast.
              Last edited by UCfan30; 02-24-2020, 07:43 AM.
              Utica Pioneers Hockey
              2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
              2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
              2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
              2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

What's the playoff format for this weekend, I can't find it anywhere ? As long as we're at it, next weekend also ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  What's the playoff format for this weekend, I can't find it anywhere ? As long as we're at it, next weekend also ?
                  UCHC Tournament Page (Men’s and Women’s)

Quarterfinals - Single Elimination
                  Semi-Finals & Finals - Two Day/Game series, with [dreaded] mini-game if necessary

Cheers!!!
                  ~TTF
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Quarterfinals (Single Elmination)
                    Tuesday, 2/25
                    No. 5 Nazareth at No. 4 Elmira, 7 pm

Wednesday, 2/26
                    No. 6 Neumann at No. 3 Stevenson, 7 pm

Semifinal Series: February 28th-29th, or Feb. 29th-Mar. 1st, subject to facility availability)
                    (Two Game Minigame Series Format)

Sat 2/29-Sun 3/1
                    Lowest Remaining Seed at No. 1 Utica, 2 PM Both Days

Fri 2/28-Sat 2/29
                    Highest Remaining Seed at No. 2 Wilkes, Time TBA

Championship Series: March 6th-7th
                    Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                      Also, anyone at the game think the called off goal was in or not? It was hard to tell from my angle, plus it happened so fast.
                      Didn't go in. Hit the post dead on and came straight off.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                        That's what it looked like to me as well. Lot of people around me thought it was in lol, I never saw it go across the goal. Thanks for the input.
                        Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                          That's what I thought as well. (And The Aud actually showed a replay, which it almost never does when there's a waved-off goal (?).)

Looked like it hit the crossbar. I didn't hear the usual clang, but I don't think that it went in, either.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-24-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            "Bandwagon fans"..?

People are simply more engaged when there's something positive to talk about, as opposed to ragging on a lousy program time and time again. That gets old.
                            Kinda like how positive you are with the conference playoff tourney winner getting an auto bid?

Comment

Originally posted by ucfan30 View Post
                              quarterfinals (single elmination)
                              tuesday, 2/25
                              no. 5 nazareth at no. 4 elmira, 7 pm

wednesday, 2/26
                              no. 6 neumann at no. 3 stevenson, 7 pm

semifinal series: February 28th-29th, or feb. 29th-mar. 1st, subject to facility availability)
                              (two game minigame series format)

sat 2/29-sun 3/1
                              lowest remaining seed at no. 1 utica, 2 pm both days

fri 2/28-sat 2/29
                              highest remaining seed at no. 2 wilkes, time tba

championship series: March 6th-7th
                              tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                                Kinda like how positive you are with the conference playoff tourney winner getting an auto bid?
                                Apples and oranges.

(Perhaps you should cultivate a hobby..?)

Comment

Working...
                                X