Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by JWillsNH View Post
    Think about this, the Harbor Center in Buffalo holds about 1800, if you get Utica/Norwich/Genny or Hobart in there, that's gonna be one tough ticket in Buffalo
    Utica alone would likely send close to 1800. Genny might as well. But Buffalo is quite a haul from Northfield, and Hobart (inexplicably) doesn't draw, even at home.

Going to be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
      A hike up to the Ledgeview Golf Club

Comment

• Originally posted by snc1 View Post
        A hike up that mound of natty's?
        Natural Ice? I’d hike up a mound of Natty Ice if there was good beer at the top.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Utica alone would likely send close to 1800. Genny might as well. But Buffalo is quite a haul from Northfield, and Hobart (inexplicably) doesn't draw, even at home.

Going to be interesting...
          Does Utica's fan base travel that well? I know they do VERY well at home and they had a good group in Placid a few years ago but 1800 is a pretty high amount of fans for any fan base...
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Does Utica's fan base travel that well? I know they do VERY well at home and they had a good group in Placid a few years ago but 1800 is a pretty high amount of fans for any fan base...
            Utica's only a 3 hour drive down the thruway and you have to remember, we don't get this very often. You'd get a good number of Utica fans there on the Frozen Four Friday

Comment

The excitement-level is high for this team. If the weather is good, maybe 1800 would buy tickets, unless that proves difficult for one reason or the other.

Just my guess.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-08-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                The excitement-level is high for this team. If the weather is good, maybe 1800 would buy tickets, unless that proves difficult for one reason or the other.

Just my guess.
                If Utica gets there, they won’t be able to buy 1800 tickets for every game. The seats will be broken up based on the teams competing and every team will have an opportunity at a percentage of the seats.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

If Utica gets there, they won’t be able to buy 1800 tickets for every game. The seats will be broken up based on the teams competing and every team will have an opportunity at a percentage of the seats.
                  Depending on the field, that place might be empty in any case. The organizers must be praying for a kinda-sorta local team to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Depending on the field, that place might be empty in any case. The organizers must be praying for a kinda-sorta local team to qualify.
                    Well they are guaranteed one of Geneseo/Hobart/Adrian....that’s a pretty good start to get one of those fan bases of the bracket falls like we think it’s going to.

Utica and Norwich also possibilities. You get the victor of that group and Utica/Norwich there...tickets won’t be easy to come by i don’t think. I would guesstimate Norwich could get 500ish fans to Buffalo based on previous history.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Well they are guaranteed one of Geneseo/Hobart/Adrian....that’s a pretty good start to get one of those fan bases of the bracket falls like we think it’s going to.

Utica and Norwich also possibilities. You get the victor of that group and Utica/Norwich there...tickets won’t be easy to come by i don’t think. I would guesstimate Norwich could get 500ish fans to Buffalo based on previous history.
                      Norwich brought well over 500 to Utica when they hosted. If the final 4 has Utica Norwich and Geneseo all there it will be a hassle to try and get tickets. A Utica Norwich final in Albany would bring in a ton of fans

Comment

Fantastic weekend by both teams, super happy to see UC win the tournament again, great group of guys. Congrats to Wilkes on a great season, despite what the scoreboard said each night, they played really well. I definitely see them winning that tournament in the future. Cool to see a freshman get the MVP, Zapata definitely heating up at the right time.

Side note: as a Utica fan that was in attendance for both games, especially on Saturday, I'm proud of our fans for showing Wilkes support at the end of the game, big cheers shown for them. I had a Wilkes fan approach me after and said he was really pleased with how our fans showed support for them after the game. Kudos there.

NCAA selection show at 10:30am today, can't wait to see the field, expect to see a lot of good teams! Going to be interesting to see when a game would be if Utica gets to host a NCAA game, the soccer team has games on both Saturdays @7pm the next 2 weekends. My guess would be an afternoon game, 2pm start maybe?
                        Last edited by UCfan30; 03-09-2020, 07:43 AM.
                        Utica Pioneers Hockey
                        2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                        2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                        2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                        2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                          Norwich brought well over 500 to Utica when they hosted. If the final 4 has Utica Norwich and Geneseo all there it will be a hassle to try and get tickets. A Utica Norwich final in Albany would bring in a ton of fans
                          early round D3 Hoops games are being played with zero spectators in some locations...ncaa May weigh in here....
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            early round D3 Hoops games are being played with zero spectators in some locations...ncaa May weigh in here....
                            this......
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Utica will play the winner of Babson/Wesleyan. Time/date TBD.
                              Utica Pioneers Hockey
                              2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                              2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                              2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                              2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

I can't find it ?
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X