Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Whats that? How many times UC has choked in the playoffs (or would have had that Autobid right? lol)
    Please confirm is it good

Comment

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Close game last night, Naz upset Wilkes last night so now just a tie tonight wins the league, instead of a win.
      True, but it kind of makes me worry that they may take their foot off the gas. Probably not, as this group seems to play at one speed no mater who they're playing. Thanks Shabby for getting back to hockey. The noise on here the past 2 days has been down right boring. I'm thinking that Elmira is the sleeper come playoffs and Stevenson will be the hardest out if it comes to that. What's the outlook for 'Gate? Looks like a top 4 is a long shot but haven't look at it in a while. Hoping to get down for a game soon.

Comment

Gate will finish between 5th and eighth and have a home playoff series, they're offensively challenged. Might come over tonight to check out this team, on paper they look very very good !
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Nobody shows up in Placid, either, unless the fan-bases are handy, last I checked, and not even then.

The Utica FF was fairly typical in that respect.

D-3 hockey is a cottage industry at best, and it would take a perfect storm of geography to fill any decent-sized venue in any given season.

Can you possibly imagine say, 5000 tickets sold for a D-3 FF anywhere on Earth?

I can't.
          From Wikipedia 2016 D3Hockey championship at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid ....
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_III_Men%27s_Ice_Hockey_Tourname nt Tickets Over 12,000 sold.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            From Wikipedia 2016 D3Hockey championship at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid ....
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_III_Men%27s_Ice_Hockey_Tourname nt Tickets Over 12,000 sold.
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_III_Men%27s_Ice_Hockey_Tourname nt

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Hopefully see you there. We're in section 206. I'll keep an eye out for you and maybe buy you a pop, because the only reason I go to UC games is to drink $5 beers (ha ha). I think you'll like what you see. Lots of speed with good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_III_Men%27s_Ice_Hockey_Tourname nt
                That doesn't direct well, but this table shows attendance at all D3Championship games contested on neutral ice since 2000. This includes neutral hosted sites, and games played at hosted sites that didn't include the host team.

Code:
                Year	Site	                        Winner	        Runner Up 	Attendance
                2000	UWSP*              	Norwich	        St. Thomas	3641
                2002	Middlebury*	        UWSP       	Norwich	        2600
                2004	Norwich*	        Middlebury	St. Norbert	2200
                2006	Elmira*	                Middlebury	St. Norbert	1474
                2007	UWSP*	                Oswego	        Middlebury	1052
                2008	Lake Placid	        St. Norbert	Plattsburgh	4770
                2009	Lake Placid	        Neumann	        Gustavus        3141
                2010	Lake Placid	        Norwich	        St. Norbert	5100
                2011	Minneapolis	        St. Norbert	Adrian	        1741
                2012	Lake Placid	        St. Norbert	Oswego	        3300
                2013	Lake Placid	        UWEC	        Oswego	        2089
                2014	Lewiston, ME	        St. Norbert	UWSP	        1851
                2015	Minneapolia	        Trinity	        UWSP	        1303
                2016	Lake Placid	        UWSP	        St. Norbert	2304
                2017	Utica	                Norwich	        Trinity	        1595
                2018	Lake Placid	        St. Norbert	Salve Regina	1830
                *Campus Site -- Host Team Not in Final Game
                No editorial comment here, just data. I have bolded all finals with an attendance of less than 1600.
                Last edited by NUProf; 02-22-2020, 01:23 PM. Reason: Align table
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Pretty sure that the 2006 tournament at Elmira was (the first?) neutral site tournament. Elmira making the tournament that year was somewhat controversial.

Of course I attended the Utica NCAA tournament. Even had to buy an "extra" ticket when I left the Aud after the afternoon game to go back to the college to pick up my wife in order to come back to the evening game. (One ticket for Friday, with no re-admit.......somewhat controversial with the fans.)

GO UC!
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Utica wins 5-1 over Wilkes. Utica Pioneers are the 2020 UCHC regular season champions. Wilkes finishes in 2nd.

The UC seniors have won 4 regular season championships....one ECAC-West and three UCHC.
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      Utica wins 5-1 over Wilkes. Utica Pioneers are the 2020 UCHC regular season champions. Wilkes finishes in 2nd.

The UC seniors have won 4 regular season championships....one ECAC-West and three UCHC.
                      Great win. Top to bottom they looked good

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                        Great win. Top to bottom they looked good
                        I was worried that perhaps they'd "peaked too early"...

Not worried about that anymore. This team gasses opponents with their wheels.

UC will be a very tough out for anyone, IMO.

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a FF berth. I have seen every iteration of UC hockey, and I think that this one is the best ever.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          Whats that? How many times UC has choked in the playoffs (or would have had that Autobid right? lol)
                          And your daddy can beat-up my daddy.

You are truly pathetic. Please go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            And your daddy can beat-up my daddy.

You are truly pathetic. Please go away.
                            I wouldnt take anything a fan of a 9-13-3 team says too personally Fish. I still would love a coffee though

Comment

Prof, not to editorialize either, but it's kind of curious that Minneapolis had the lowest attendance.

I guess that it's not a "hockey town".
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                                I wouldnt take anything a fan of a 9-13-3 team says too personally Fish. I still would love a coffee though
                                Ya know, PSUCk has nothing to do with PSU hockey, but she just can't help herself via the trolling. Been on that job for years and years. Maybe she should take-up knitting.

I don't even read her wordy rants. Not worth the time.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2020, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X