Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Full bracket:

First Round:

Babson vs. Wesleyan
    Lake Forest vs. St. Thomas (MN)
    Endicott vs. Plymouth St.
    Adrian vs. Hobart

Quarterfinals:

Utica plays winner of Babson/Wesleyan
    Wisconsin-Eau Claire plays winner of Lake Forest/St. Thomas
    Norwich plays winner of Endicott/Plymouth St.
    SUNY Geneseo plays winner of Adrian/Hobart

Full bracket here https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/icehockey-men/d3/2020

Now the waiting begins for opponent and time/ticket info, sure to be the hottest ticket in town!
    Last edited by UCfan30; 03-09-2020, 09:43 AM.
    Utica Pioneers Hockey
    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
      Full bracket:

First Round:

Babson vs. Wesleyan
      Lake Forest vs. St. Thomas (MN)
      Endicott vs. Plymouth St.
      Adrian vs. Hobart

Quarterfinals:

Utica plays winner of Babson/Wesleyan
      Wisconsin-Eau Claire plays winner of Lake Forest/St. Thomas
      Norwich plays winner of Endicott/Plymouth St.
      SUNY Geneseo plays winner of Adrian/Hobart

Full bracket here https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/icehockey-men/d3/2020

Now the waiting begins for opponent and time/ticket info, sure to be the hottest ticket in town!
      My Final 4 picks: Utica, Eau Claire, Norwich, Geneseo
      Ticket scalping 101 !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Also to add, I keep hearing the start time for the game would be 12pm on 3/21, due to the soccer team having a game later that night, still TBD at this time.
        Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Game is noon on Sat 3/21. Confirmed.

Comment

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, tickets will go on sale this Wednesday at 10am, available at the box office and online, first come first serve. $8 for adults, $4 for seniors/children/students w/ ID.
            Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Does Utica's fan base travel that well? I know they do VERY well at home and they had a good group in Placid a few years ago but 1800 is a pretty high amount of fans for any fan base...
              True enough. Seen a bunch of RS games on the road, and the UC contingent was mostly composed of friends, family, and a smattering of students. Perhaps 1800 is an overly optimistic estimate on my part, but I would expect that UC would bring at least half the capacity of the place to Buffalo, barring any bad weather or Coronavirus-panic Upstate.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                Game is noon on Sat 3/21. Confirmed.
                Thanks for the link. Saved me some research.

I still think that season-ticket holders should be allowed first-dibs during a limited time-frame, though. We've had our same seats for nearly 20 years. That should count for something.

But, yeah, we are all powerless vs. the omnipotent NCAA D-3 rules.

(Maybe that's the Aud's policy, but I'm guessing that it isn't... That place will sell every seat in either case.)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-09-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

The home team controls ticket sales for the first round and quarters. When I was at Norwich season ticket holders got first dibs on their seats. Visiting schools have be allocated a certain number of seats. Getting season ticket holders their seats was done even when the FF was at Kreitzberg. Don’t blame the NCAA, that choice was made in Utica
                  Last edited by NUProf; 03-09-2020, 07:10 PM.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    The home team controls ticket sales for the first round and quarters. When I was at Norwich season ticket holders got first dibs on their seats. Visiting schools have be allocated a certain number of seats. Getting season ticket holders their seats was done even when the FF was at Kreitzberg. Don’t blame the NCAA, that choice was made in Utica
                    I would guess so as well, if that's actually the case.

We secured our usual seats when UC had a home NCAA game in 2012.

I'll have to dig deeper on that one.

Comment

MAJOR UPDATE: Per the college, season ticket holders WILL be able to (possibly) get their seats: "Season ticket holders will have the first chance to get tickets, starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at the Adirondack Bank Center Box Office. From Wednesday morning until the box office closes on Saturday, March 14. 2020, Utica College season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets in person only for the quarterfinal game before they go on sale to the general public. (Please note that the NCAA requires the host site to reserve a substantial group of tickets for the visiting team. With that said, season ticket holders may not have access to their regular seats. Any tickets from this group that are not purchased will be released close to game time). Ticket sales will be open to the general public on Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 10 a.m. following the season ticket holder presale. Starting Sunday tickets will be available online as well as in person."

TL;DR - Season ticket holders basically get first dibs on seats, no guarantee you'll get your actual seat due to ticket reservations for visiting team.
                      Last edited by UCfan30; 03-10-2020, 03:35 PM.
                      Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                        MAJOR UPDATE: Per the college, season ticket holders WILL be able to (possibly) get their seats: "Season ticket holders will have the first chance to get tickets, starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at the Adirondack Bank Center Box Office. From Wednesday morning until the box office closes on Saturday, March 14. 2020, Utica College season ticket holders will be able to purchase tickets in person only for the quarterfinal game before they go on sale to the general public. (Please note that the NCAA requires the host site to reserve a substantial group of tickets for the visiting team. With that said, season ticket holders may not have access to their regular seats. Any tickets from this group that are not purchased will be released close to game time). Ticket sales will be open to the general public on Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 10 a.m. following the season ticket holder presale. Starting Sunday tickets will be available online as well as in person."

TL;DR - Season ticket holders basically get first dibs on seats, no guarantee you'll get your actual seat due to ticket reservations for visiting team.
                        Thank you, thank you.

I couldn't find anything specific on The Aud site this morning. Nice to know that I won't have to dash down there tomorrow before I finish my coffee.

Comment

Yeesh, I'm at the box office now, been since 9:45, it's mobbed. Still in line, good luck if you're trying to get down here.
                          Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

[B][U]TL;DR - Season ticket holders basically get first dibs on seats, no guarantee you'll get your actual seat due to ticket reservations for visiting team.
                            (add to end of this) OR if another STH buys your seats before you.

There was some confusion about this in line this AM. I got there at 8:45 (6th in line) and was able to get 'my' seats.
                            Also, there's a limit of 8 tix per purchase but you can visit the window multiple times to get around this.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                              (add to end of this) OR if another STH buys your seats before you.

There was some confusion about this in line this AM. I got there at 8:45 (6th in line) and was able to get 'my' seats.
                              Also, there's a limit of 8 tix per purchase but you can visit the window multiple times to get around this.
                              Yep, I can relate. I heard a lot of confusion, rumblings about people buying a lot of tickets, section being reserved for visiting fans, etc. but I'm glad I was able to get 'my' seats as well. Didn't really matter if I got 'my' seats, as long as I got a seat, I'm happy. Many behind me in line agreed with me on the later statement lol.

Also, to add: I hope those buying the max amount of tickets are going to use them, I see way too often people with a big number of season tickets never use them (always empty sections week in and week out). Really want to see every seat filled for this one. End rant lol.
                              Last edited by UCfan30; 03-11-2020, 12:33 PM.
                              Utica Pioneers Hockey

Comment

Yep, I can relate. I heard a lot of confusion, rumblings about people buying a lot of tickets, section being reserved for visiting fans, etc. but I'm glad I was able to get 'my' seats as well. Didn't really matter if I got 'my' seats, as long as I got a seat, I'm happy. Many behind me in line agreed with me on the later statement lol.

Also, to add: I hope those buying the max amount of tickets are going to use them, I see way too often people with a big number of season tickets never use them (always empty sections week in and week out). Really want to see every seat filled for this one. End rant lol.
                                So this means even though I've been a STH since 2002 I probably won't be able to get any seat let alone my seat if I get there tonight at 5?

Comment

Working...
                                X