Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Apples and oranges.

(Perhaps you should cultivate a hobby..?)
    LOL, your quite witty eh? I'm just playing around, I couldn't disagree with you more about the playoffs but we can still be civil, hence the smile face in my last post, I will cultivate a hobby and you cultivate a sense of humor, seems fair Just kidding

Comment

Utica 5-2 game one
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Utica 5-2 game one
        Shabby, did you catch the game?

The Rome kid (Etelisano) came home and wasn't very polite. Ran the goalie (Baggs -God bless his heart- gave JT a mouthful of blocker for his trouble) and took his other roughing penalty earlier in the game, a cheap-shot on Landrigan. He really played like a mid-80's thug in both instances.

Heard a very entertaining interview with Heenan on espnur.com a couple of days ago. It's archived. Seems that JT was unhappy about his ice-time at Utica, ergo his transfer.

After tonight, I'm glad he's gone. He doesn't have anywhere near enough talent to put-up with his lack of discipline.

Comment

Well if all goes as well tomorrow, Wilkes is up next on the horizon. Glad to see this because other than Elmira, Stevenson is the only other team that can hang with the Pioneers. Wilkes just looks outclassed against UC but........that's why they play them. For the first time in a long time today defense had some of those moments. Would think Baggs would want those two back. Dial it up early tomorrow and end it quick. On an officiating note. This crew was terrible. Lots of cheap, dirty play by Naz that went unchecked. I get its playoff hockey but you gotta call the slew foot, and blatant hooks and holds.

Comment

• Originally posted by capswon View Post
            ...On an officiating note. This crew was terrible. Lots of cheap, dirty play by Naz that went unchecked. I get its playoff hockey but you gotta call the slew foot, and blatant hooks and holds.
            I see from the box score Foote was one of the officials, so this does not surprise me.
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Shabby, did you catch the game?

The Rome kid (Etelisano) came home and wasn't very polite. Ran the goalie (Baggs -God bless his heart- gave JT a mouthful of blocker for his trouble) and took his other roughing penalty earlier in the game, a cheap-shot on Landrigan. He really played like a mid-80's thug in both instances.

Heard a very entertaining interview with Heenan on espnur.com a couple of days ago. It's archived. Seems that JT was unhappy about his ice-time at Utica, ergo his transfer.

After tonight, I'm glad he's gone. He doesn't have anywhere near enough talent to put-up with his lack of discipline.
              Did you catch his old man or another in his support section scream out 'JT' in the middle of the national anthem? Explains a lot.

Comment

Foote needs the boot. He's terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                  Well if all goes as well tomorrow, Wilkes is up next on the horizon. Glad to see this because other than Elmira, Stevenson is the only other team that can hang with the Pioneers. Wilkes just looks outclassed against UC but........that's why they play them. For the first time in a long time today defense had some of those moments. Would think Baggs would want those two back. Dial it up early tomorrow and end it quick. On an officiating note. This crew was terrible. Lots of cheap, dirty play by Naz that went unchecked. I get its playoff hockey but you gotta call the slew foot, and blatant hooks and holds.
                  Agree 100%.

Both Fritz and Cuffley committed D-miscues which would have embarrassed midget-level players.

And the "officiating" absolutely sucked. I almost never mention that these days, but tonight was a total abomination in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                    Did you catch his old man or another in his support section scream out 'JT' in the middle of the national anthem? Explains a lot.
                    I did hear that, but I had no idea who yelled it.

If it was indeed a member of his family, the whole crew should be cast-out of the Copper City.

(And, may JT defecate his front teeth come Monday. Really classless showing, all around.)

Comment

Fishman'81........check out the KRACH rankings this evening.

Spoiler Alert: Utica is #1
                      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

Just this minute noticed that, but thanks!

Was going to share that with Prof... Decided against it.

Statistically, D-3 is a two-horse race right now... But who knows.

It's hockey, after all.

Comment

I do ramble on and on, and The Warden has ordered me to quit my "blogging"...

But there's one more thing here: I definitely hope that tomorrow's game doesn't instantly devolve into a cheap-shot penalty fest. I despise games such as that.

The one thing that refs got right tonight was to cancel the handshake-line. Not at all confident that it makes any difference, but perhaps we'll see a cleaner game tomorrow as a result.

(Not holding my breath, just hoping.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Statistically, D-3 is a two-horse race right now... But who knows.
                            If you think it’s a two-horse race you should stop watching statistics and start watching hockey.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

Norwich probably being showing 1 less win because of playing DII Assumption in NSB TOURNAMENT
                              Steve Day(NU71)
                              Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

Utica will likely take over the No. 1 spot in the PWR today with a victory.

The RPI gap shrunk big time yesterday with both teams picking up wins.

UCHC ahead of the curve with going to the 2 game format. Could pay dividends for them this year with helping Utica earn the No. 1 seed over Norwich despite both teams potentially not losing or tying.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X