UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

It’s 1-0 after the first period, the first game in Providence.....I’ve been encouraged the last few games with the Cats play, their hustle and effort.....let’s see if that can carry through for 40 minutes more....💪🥅🏒

Comment

Well, as the saying goes, it’s a win but not very pretty....after UNH took a 4 goal lead, Providi started to realize they better get going! I think the rest of the period, UNH simply releaved pressure rather than be offensive....seemed like the 3rd period was pretty much the same.....I must admit that despite the Friars having possession and positional dominance, their goals were simply off deflections of shots thrown at the net.....Ava was solid as usual! Overall, I think UNH got tired, lost their legs as Providi turned it on......for me, it’s the players hustle and grit that gets them the win!
      The seniors are fighting to get further into the playoffs then they’ve been.....they deserve it!

Comment

Way to go 'Cats! Congrats on your win tonight and best wishes going forward...
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Please win again tomorrow thank you
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Please win again tomorrow thank you
            I'm sure UNH will try their best to win the series in 2. Then it's time to root for Maine over BU
            THINK PINK
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by whoop87 View Post
              I'm sure UNH will try their best to win the series in 2. Then it's time to root for Maine over BU
              Is this a double root for Maine lately?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Is this a double root for Maine lately?
                Most definitely, UNH fans want the daily double! The UNH men need all the help they can get.
                THINK PINK
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Thru 2 periods, it’s zeros on the board for both teams....it’s going too be a freak goal or tip in to win the game....both teams use very little semblance of a right wing center or sinker forecheck, nor any other system other than get the puck down low, rotate and throw the puck at the net, sometimes incorporating the defense.....sloppy play, home run trys, off the glass breakouts....both teams hustling looking for a bounce! Hopefully the refs let them play it out with no irrelevant calls....c’mon Cats!

Comment

For the first time in 10 freakin long years, UNH is going to the Hockey East semifinals!! Captain Howran gets the dirty goal, that rebounded off the post, to her skate and then off their goalies pads and in....Providi pulled their goalie with 2.5 minutes to play to no avail but plenty of pressure! I hope that Coach Witt explains icing the puck with the goalie out is of NO use....three different times UNH brought the face off back into the zone....the third time, rock solid Boutilier stoned a slap shot from 10 feet out with 10 seconds left!! All credit to the Wildcats though, they did what they had too! Outshot 34-17, but they now get to have one more road trip! These seniors deserve their time in the sun....for the past 3 years, I believe they took their quarterfinals to the limit of 3 games, only to go home.....I hope they savor this weekend but now get ready for just 1 game to somehow keep their season alive....well done Wildcats!!

Comment

Quite the story. Way to keep it interesting UNH.

Comment

Congrats Wildcats!! Keep rolling!!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

woof
                          Said excitedly by athletics instead of with their heads hung in shame...
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Maine disrupted NU for 40 minutes.....UNH will need 60! If they can play with the same tenacity, grit and big desire to be the better team, and of course the National Defensive Player of the month needs to continue her strong play, the Wildcats can play again tomorrow! Let’s do this Cats!!

Comment

2 nice goals out UConn up in the first.....real nice snipe to the upper right, and a nice Damone into the scoring area.....very glad that Bob Deraney and @Kaleigh Fratkin are doing the color for this game!

Comment

If only UNH was playing the game as they had their last 6 but alas they’re not....give UConn credit, for as Deraney said their coach has them very disciplined and playing his system to a T......it’ll be an interesting game tomorrow to see if NU’s offense can outskate the disciplined UConn team 🥅🏒🥅🏒☹️

Comment

Working...
                                X