UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

Aside from watching the Whitecaps-Riveters game today, I caught most of the UNH-BU game as well (some of St. Lawrence, and UConn)....this year’s team is very tenacious! They react well to a given situation as a team, and are quick to the puck....I’m not a statistician but I believe this is the first 4 point weekend this early in the season in a while! Something that in my mind has always come into play the last 2 weekends of the last 3 seasons.....those were crucial points then, we’ll see about this edition! I’m intrigued.....👍 Go Wildcats!
    Is it me or is there a larger gap now between college and pro women hockey players? Watching the SDHL or PWHPA players level of play is phenomenal! Just asking......
    Which brings me to the level of officiating at the college level.....***? Contact is not checking! A fall is not always a trip or interference! Let the athletes play hockey!! IMHO. 😉

Re: UNH 2019/20....Positive Vibes!?

UNH clubs Providence after Providence knocked off Northeastern. Parity. Lauren Martin, the former Cambridge player, had two goals, I see. Kudos to her.
    Last edited by Reddington; 10-27-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

UNH was as exceptional against Providence, as they were uninspiring vs Maine! From what I’ve seen, there are some real reasons to be excited this early in the season....the main case is that UNH is picking up the points that were lost the past few years....Ava is playing as strong as she did before her injury.....early on, the lines look pretty good and playing well together.....all of these can be rationalizations but let’s be positive for a change! I hope the Wildcats play with patience vs BC yet with the same spunk they attacked the Friars....I do think they can be compatible!

Comment

Hillary Witt will have this team at yet another .500 season. It's her coaching "batting average" and it looks like UNH is OK with paying her a pile of money to drive up from the Boston suburbs and have a .500 team. Check her stats.....500 everywhere she's coached. Grinds out 2 lines of players typically the same ones regardless of results--zero accountability. Assistant coaches are the same....one is just riding it out until retirement the other has been there for ever since being a player......Fractured play that is hard to watch, no creativity, no offensive zone puck possession, constant turn overs for no reason and the same players getting the same penalties game in and game out. If you think 47 perimeter shots from anywhere and garbage goals are fun then its the team to watch! They are lucky they have a good goalie to keep them in games.

Comment

Originally posted by epic powder View Post
          Hillary Witt will have this team at yet another .500 season. It's her coaching "batting average" and it looks like UNH is OK with paying her a pile of money to drive up from the Boston suburbs and have a .500 team. Check her stats.....500 everywhere she's coached. Grinds out 2 lines of players typically the same ones regardless of results--zero accountability. Assistant coaches are the same....one is just riding it out until retirement the other has been there for ever since being a player......Fractured play that is hard to watch, no creativity, no offensive zone puck possession, constant turn overs for no reason and the same players getting the same penalties game in and game out. If you think 47 perimeter shots from anywhere and garbage goals are fun then its the team to watch! They are lucky they have a good goalie to keep them in games.
          It sounds like a very Canadian assessment?

Comment

1 goal by a forward in 6 periods. Brutal

Comment

1 goal by a forward in 6 periods. Brutal
              Knew it was only a matter of time Rickwood started producing pts.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                Knew it was only a matter of time Rickwood started producing pts.
                She should score she plays 70% of the minutes. Maybe she should play forward since they can’t score.

Comment

She should score she plays 70% of the minutes. Maybe she should play forward since they can’t score.
                  Love it - just know two cdn players on UNH and I check to see how they are doing. I'll leave solving the UNH puzzle to you.

Comment

Come on UNH coaches...right back to .500. I think you have lost your players...they are not following the dictatorship. Throw out the cream puff Franklin pierce game and you are 5-6. Not even .500.....can’t score can’t win. Have to develop players. They are all yours. You picked them. You are supposed to inspire and lead not browbeat. You do get paid for this......your favorite forwards have only 2 goals in 3 games.....what’s the plan?? This is not minor hockey.

Comment

Where is everyone? Mid season report card....last years 20 goal scorer that plays 75% of the game only has 4 goals...3 on the pp...hmmm is it possible to score 5 on 5? And Carly turner who also plays about 75-% of the game only has 5 goals with 4 on the pp. the two top d coaches favorites due to being from Canada I suppose...Howran and rickwood both sit at a -6. Are these players being developed? How do you justify not playing other players when the “chosen” high ice time players deliver that kind of math and you are not even .500??? Those who don’t play much frankly are not that far behind in points???? Where is the coaching?

Comment

[QUOTE=epic powder;6874539]Where is everyone? Mid season report card....last years 20 goal scorer that plays 75% of the game only has 4 goals...3 on the pp...hmmm is it possible to score 5 on 5? And Carly turner who also plays about 75-% of the game only has 5 goals with 4 on the pp. the two top d coaches favorites due to being from Canada I suppose...Howran and rickwood both sit at a -6. Are these players being developed? How do you justify not playing other players when the “chosen” high ice time players deliver that kind of math and you are not even .500??? Those who don’t play much frankly are not that far behind in points???? Where is the coaching?[/QU

Women's college hockey coaches ignore the analytics in my opinion, that's how you explain it.

Comment

Well, I can’t say that Epic Powder is wrong, but the team does seem to be playing better.....even if it’s marginally! I’m not an analytics guy but do enjoy certain stats....I’ll never understand why announcers mention SOG.....didn’t the Russians and Czechs, 4 decades ago, prove that not to be accurate? Anyway, at the break, we’re tied for 3rd place.....it’s been a while since we went into the second half of the season there, if memory serves me correctly! Still, possession time still eludes us; we continue to use “the high off the glass” breakout of the D-zone way too much; and as Epic mentions, take shots that might hit the net 40% of the time!
                          Certain lines seem to be jelling, and thankfully we have solid goaltending so in this season of good cheer and thanfullness, I’m excited to see the Wildcats finish this campaign with home ice, which IMHO, would’ve made a huge difference for years past with Coach Witt......we have some good raw talent mixed with proven seniors....isn’t the glass half full? 😉😉

Comment

Well, the team is once again falling behind the other teams at a crucial time. Until the coaches learn that puck possession is the critical measure, this team will underperform. There is no scoring because they never leave the d-zone with puck control. They get control, dump it out, the opponent brings it back, repeat. It's been years of the same failings yet the coaches can't figure it out. This year's team is actually packed with talent but not the coaches. The other teams progress while this team regresses. Negative motivation and unintelligible hockey decisions cripple the morale. (They're playing their top scorer from last season on the third line, yet wonder why the goals aren't coming.) There are just too many failures to mention. You can't be .500 or less in any endeavor (for 15 years!) and keep your job except at UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyNuzz View Post
                              Well, the team is once again falling behind the other teams at a crucial time. Until the coaches learn that puck possession is the critical measure, this team will underperform. There is no scoring because they never leave the d-zone with puck control. They get control, dump it out, the opponent brings it back, repeat. It's been years of the same failings yet the coaches can't figure it out. This year's team is actually packed with talent but not the coaches. The other teams progress while this team regresses. Negative motivation and unintelligible hockey decisions cripple the morale. (They're playing their top scorer from last season on the third line, yet wonder why the goals aren't coming.) There are just too many failures to mention. You can't be .500 or less in any endeavor (for 15 years!) and keep your job except at UNH.
                              It's the no system hockey coaching style. UNH is not the only one. Yes, it makes it tough to gameplan against, but it makes it hard for the players to play in and good luck coming from behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X