Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    That was hilarious The Rube. Thanks for making me laugh.
    The Gophers skated with NoDak tonight, and almost won the game. However, NoDak's experience was the deciding factor. *shrug* They knew what had to do to win, and they did it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      The Gophers skated with NoDak tonight, and almost won the game. However, NoDak's experience was the deciding factor. *shrug* They knew what had to do to win, and they did it.
      I read your post to mean that you thought the Gophers were the more skilled team, which was hilarious. If I was wrong on that premise, then you can disregard my post. It was a close game last night, but if these squads played ten, I would take UND to win 8-9 of them.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

I read your post to mean that you thought the Gophers were the more skilled team, which was hilarious. If I was wrong on that premise, then you can disregard my post. It was a close game last night, but if these squads played ten, I would take UND to win 8-9 of them.
        This year? No doubt. Next year? I say 50/50. I think if this MN team has experience, they would do a LOT better this season. They have the raw talent, but that is NOT enough. Last night's decision was won on "let's use the past to know what we have to do in the future." MN does not have that luxury.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          This year? No doubt. Next year? I say 50/50. I think if this MN team has experience, they would do a LOT better this season. They have the raw talent, but that is NOT enough. Last night's decision was won on "let's use the past to know what we have to do in the future." MN does not have that luxury.
          It would probably depend a lot on who goes early on both sides. UND isn't that old of a team.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It would probably depend a lot on who goes early on both sides. UND isn't that old of a team.
            They are not, true. And yes, going early is a HUGE variable.

Comment

Still 3 in the pairwise. Last series of the year is at Western Michigan. They are tough at home. I’d be happy with a split but thrilled with a sweep.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I think we played 6 seniors and four juniors this weekend in Minneapolis. That's fairly old by major college hockey program standards. Outside of Mankato, and perhaps Duluth, I doubt we'll see many top programs with a more experienced squad.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I think we played 6 seniors and four juniors this weekend in Minneapolis. That's fairly old by major college hockey program standards. Outside of Mankato, and perhaps Duluth, I doubt we'll see many top programs with a more experienced squad.
                  Western Michigan has 9 seniors and 8 juniors are on their roster.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Western Michigan has 9 seniors and 8 juniors are on their roster.
                    Yep, there is another good example.

I think Minnesota was skating something like 2 seniors and 3 juniors this weekend, and the two seniors were on D and one of the juniors was the goalie (for part of game 1). You could really see the difference along the boards, I thought.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yep, there is another good example.

I think Minnesota was skating something like 2 seniors and 3 juniors this weekend, and the two seniors were on D and one of the juniors was the goalie (for part of game 1). You could really see the difference along the boards, I thought.
                      No doubt. Motzko just needs another year or 2 to get his team back to being relevant again. They will have games like the Thanksgiving day game once in a great while this season yet but probably not to that extent. Believe me I dislike the Gophers more than any other college team, but I hate seeing a half empty Mariucci arena. Not a good look for our sport
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Very nice series from UND and your squad looks tremendous. Here's hoping the Gophers can make for a better game next year and beyond.

Comment

Calling Speed kills.

Comment

The clown show continues on the GPL.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              The clown show continues on the GPL.
                              I guess I really don't understand the obsession with monitoring GPL.

Without even checking out their threads, I will predict:

When the team is going well you will read this:

1. A few overly enthusiastic posters who have already booked Frozen Four rooms.
                              2. Some excessively cautious posters warning it can all fall to to pieces in a matter of a game or two.
                              3. Lots of enthusiasm for the new players on the team, and marveling at their skills.
                              4. Statements like, "this is what I was saying we should do back when our team sucked a year or two ago."
                              5. A sizable amount of schadenfreude over any misery fans of our biggest rivals may be going through.
                              6. Excessive joy over the dumpster fire that is our rivals' message boards.

When the team is running bad you will read:

1. Demands, in the form of "questions" for changes to the coaching staff.
                              2. Questions about how much of a pass earlier success should buy the current staff.
                              3. Complaints about the underachievements of the current players.
                              4. Complaints that the current coaching staff can't recruit.
                              5. Demands that half the current roster of incoming recruits have their offers revoked.
                              6. Insults made about the fans of the team's biggest rivals.

You know how I know that? Because that is what you will see on every single college team's message board.

Comment

I guess I really don't understand the obsession with monitoring GPL.

Without even checking out their threads, I will predict:

When the team is going well you will read this:

1. A few overly enthusiastic posters who have already booked Frozen Four rooms.
                                2. Some excessively cautious posters warning it can all fall to to pieces in a matter of a game or two.
                                3. Lots of enthusiasm for the new players on the team, and marveling at their skills.
                                4. Statements like, "this is what I was saying we should do back when our team sucked a year or two ago."
                                5. A sizable amount of schadenfreude over any misery fans of our biggest rivals may be going through.
                                6. Excessive joy over the dumpster fire that is our rivals' message boards.

When the team is running bad you will read:

1. Demands, in the form of "questions" for changes to the coaching staff.
                                2. Questions about how much of a pass earlier success should buy the current staff.
                                3. Complaints about the underachievements of the current players.
                                4. Complaints that the current coaching staff can't recruit.
                                5. Demands that half the current roster of incoming recruits have their offers revoked.
                                6. Insults made about the fans of the team's biggest rivals.

You know how I know that? Because that is what you will see on every single college team's message board.
                                I visited that place once and will never go back. Not sure why I did in the first place
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X