Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    UND extends their home winning streak to 10 after dispatching St Could tonight 4-2. Shots were 34-19 and UND continues to dominate in the circle winning 32 of 50 draws. Record goes to 9–1-2. It’s been awhile since they’ve had a start like this
    It was a really convincing win, which is suprising with the talent that SCSU has. They have to be the most suprising team in the NCHC and not in the good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      It was a really convincing win, which is suprising with the talent that SCSU has. They have to be the most suprising team in the NCHC and not in the good way.
      Not sure anyone had UND being this good either so in a way they are both of a bit of a surprise
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not sure anyone had UND being this good either so in a way they are both of a bit of a surprise
        I never bought into the lack of talent, all these kids had good stats coming from past programs. To me its been more of a coaching problem. Berry getting rid of shaw was a good start and seems to have figured out how to get these kids to start playing to their potential. I've heard stories about berry losing control of the team the last few years, hopefully hes got that under control now too

Bringing in Michaud, Pinto and Caufield helped ALOT too
        Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

It is sure nice to see hungry players again... There were long stretches the past two seasons where players looked way too content with losses and ties.

Comment

Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Well, a pretty game it was not, but a win is a win. That is a game that the last couple of seasons they would have either tied or lost. This season they get the W. Great play by Kierstad and Kawaguchi on the game winner.

10-1-2 going into the final two series before the break...nice to get back to more familiar territory in the record column.

Also, congrats to Coach Berry on his 100th win!
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Well, a pretty game it was not, but a win is a win. That is a game that the last couple of seasons they would have either tied or lost. This season they get the W. Great play by Kierstad and Kawaguchi on the game winner.

10-1-2 going into the final two series before the break...nice to get back to more familiar territory in the record column.

Also, congrats to Coach Berry on his 100th win!
              Definitely not a pretty game but credit to St. Cloud. For as much talent they lost from last season, they’re still a really tough outing. Results haven’t really been going their way so far but there is still time left for a turnaround.

As for UND, this team continues to impress me. Not one of their best games they’ve played but they are finding ways to win as you alluded to.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                It is sure nice to see hungry players again... There were long stretches the past two seasons where players looked way too content with losses and ties.
                The players weren't content with losses and ties. They worked hard, but they just weren't very good.

Comment

Ugly sweep

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    The players weren't content with losses and ties. They worked hard, but they just weren't very good.
                    I couldn't disagree more

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                      I couldn't disagree more
                      I couldn't care less.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I couldn't care less.
                        Same

Comment

11 straight at home. Could very well feel like a home series at the Mooch this Thursday and Friday. Throw out the records when the rodents and Sioux play. Despite what some say it’s still a huge rivalry
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

11 straight at home. Could very well feel like a home series at the Mooch this Thursday and Friday. Throw out the records when the rodents and Sioux play. Despite what some say it’s still a huge rivalry
                            It is certainly still a rivalry, but it is a shell of what it was. Personally, I get more amped up when we play Denver or Duluth.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              It is certainly still a rivalry, but it is a shell of what it was. Personally, I get more amped up when we play Denver or Duluth.
                              Not me. That’s how much I despise the gophers
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm interested in seeing how this team plays on Olympic sized ice. Very few chances to do so anymore.

It's strength has been limiting shots by the opposing team. If you've got talented defensemen who can move the puck you can really make a team chase you all over the ice. I guess we'll see. Hopefully the big ice will give a little more space to our power play which is starting to slide towards mediocrity again.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X