Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I guess I really don't understand the obsession with monitoring GPL.

Without even checking out their threads, I will predict:

When the team is going well you will read this:

1. A few overly enthusiastic posters who have already booked Frozen Four rooms.
    2. Some excessively cautious posters warning it can all fall to to pieces in a matter of a game or two.
    3. Lots of enthusiasm for the new players on the team, and marveling at their skills.
    4. Statements like, "this is what I was saying we should do back when our team sucked a year or two ago."
    5. A sizable amount of schadenfreude over any misery fans of our biggest rivals may be going through.
    6. Excessive joy over the dumpster fire that is our rivals' message boards.

When the team is running bad you will read:

1. Demands, in the form of "questions" for changes to the coaching staff.
    2. Questions about how much of a pass earlier success should buy the current staff.
    3. Complaints about the underachievements of the current players.
    4. Complaints that the current coaching staff can't recruit.
    5. Demands that half the current roster of incoming recruits have their offers revoked.
    6. Insults made about the fans of the team's biggest rivals.

You know how I know that? Because that is what you will see on every single college team's message board.
    Pretty much.

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Kawaguchi named player of the month in the NCHC. 6 goals 10 assists with 4 GWG.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Very nice series from UND and your squad looks tremendous. Here's hoping the Gophers can make for a better game next year and beyond.
        Isn’t this series every other year?
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Very nice series from UND and your squad looks tremendous. Here's hoping the Gophers can make for a better game next year and beyond.
          Neither team has historically gotten the best of the other for any length of time, and the gophs hold the all time edge, so I'm sure the shoe will be on the other foot before long. Important thing is that they keep playing each other as often as possible. Most UMinn fans may have moved on, but we (I) haven't. Too much history.
          Last edited by burd; 12-04-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            Neither team has historically gotten the best of the other for any length of time, and the gophs hold the all time edge, so I'm sure the shoe will be on the other foot before long. Important thing is that they keep playing each other as often as possible. Most UMinn fans may have moved on, but we (I) haven't. Too much history.
            I still treat it as the best rivalry in college hockey. The hate just runs to deep and that will never go away
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              I still treat it as the best rivalry in college hockey. The hate just runs to deep and that will never go away
              But then, you and I are pretty messed up dudes, ice.

Comment

But then, you and I are pretty messed up dudes, ice.
                Been told that more than once
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I think deep down most Gophers fans still appreciate the rivalry. There may be some reluctance to admit that because let's face it the NCHC has been so much more successful so far and we need the B1G to step it up. I think they're going that way but wins in the tournament ultimately matter.

Rivalry fans are going to always find ways to dig their opponent. I attended my first Gophers game at Williams arena in 1972. UND wasn't the main dig then but over time it grew. Live or die by your colors right?

I guess what I'm.trying to poorly say is I respect the rivalry and the successes of UND even if I'm not going to always like what I see.

How many epic games have happened between these teams in crucial moments? UND has the NC edge, but I think it's even in games that count and both teams have ended the other's season more than against any oppo can think of.

And that 2004 WCHA final is still the greatest talent filled college game I've ever witnessed in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I think deep down most Gophers fans still appreciate the rivalry. There may be some reluctance to admit that because let's face it the NCHC has been so much more successful so far and we need the B1G to step it up. I think they're going that way but wins in the tournament ultimately matter.

Rivalry fans are going to always find ways to dig their opponent. I attended my first Gophers game at Williams arena in 1972. UND wasn't the main dig then but over time it grew. Live or die by your colors right?

I guess what I'm.trying to poorly say is I respect the rivalry and the successes of UND even if I'm not going to always like what I see.

How many epic games have happened between these teams in crucial moments? UND has the NC edge, but I think it's even in games that count and both teams have ended the other's season more than against any oppo can think of.

And that 2004 WCHA final is still the greatest talent filled college game I've ever witnessed in person.
                    I'm still about .06 degrees away from being able to consider anything you say objectively, Slap.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I'm still about .06 degrees away from being able to consider anything you say objectively, Slap.
                      Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Boy was the 2004 game ever filled with top end talent on the ice. Remember it well.

My dislike for the gophers runs deep however I respect the program big time. How one can’t is beyond me. They’ve done it all and will be back to contending soon, could be next year and who knows could turn this season around and be in the tourney come March. Being a UND fan I know how seasons can turn around after the new year
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          Boy was the 2004 game ever filled with top end talent on the ice. Remember it well.

My dislike for the gophers runs deep however I respect the program big time. How one can’t is beyond me. They’ve done it all and will be back to contending soon, could be next year and who knows could turn this season around and be in the tourney come March. Being a UND fan I know how seasons can turn around after the new year
                          I hope you're right sooner than later. I will never enjoy losing to UND, but ffs is it too much to ask to at least make a game of it?

Comment

That was a weird game. North Dakota had quite a few golden opportunities to take the lead throughout the game, but it seemed like the puck was bouncing just over their stick (or they just flat out missed the net). Western also had plenty of opportunities, but Scheel stood tall. A lot of blocked shots from both teams too. Then, of course, the goal came from a seemingly harmless shot from the circle.

13-1-2. 20 out of 21 possible NCHC points. Three overtime wins. A dozen straight unbeaten!! Keep it up boys!
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              That was a weird game. North Dakota had quite a few golden opportunities to take the lead throughout the game, but it seemed like the puck was bouncing just over their stick (or they just flat out missed the net). Western also had plenty of opportunities, but Scheel stood tall. A lot of blocked shots from both teams too. Then, of course, the goal came from a seemingly harmless shot from the circle.

13-1-2. 20 out of 21 possible NCHC points. Three overtime wins. A dozen straight unbeaten!! Keep it up boys!
                              Of all the high quality shots on both sides, that one goes in. Pucks looked like they were not frozen.

Comment

Western is impressively fast and they match up for size and play the right style of defense that makes it tough for UND too control it out of the corners. Tomorrow is going to be just as hard as tonight. It could go either way tomorrow night but i still got UND 2-1 in a low scoring grind out battle

Comment

Working...
                                X