Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BarnWinterSportsEngelstad View Post
    Duluth players have the playoff experience and Sandelin has them moving up. We need to get both games from Denver this weekend.
    DU going to come in hungry after getting swept by the Dawgs. Going to be a great finish for the Penrose Cup.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      DU going to come in hungry after getting swept by the Dawgs. Going to be a great finish for the Penrose Cup.
      I'm sure the boys have seen plenty of tape on Sandy's game plan against the Pios. This will be a good measure of how we stack up not only against DU but also the current Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        I'm sure the boys have seen plenty of tape on Sandy's game plan against the Pios. This will be a good measure of how we stack up not only against DU but also the current Dogs.
        That was a fantastic college hockey game last night with UND winning 4-1. Score doesn’t indicate how tight it was. Need the same tonight to increase the point lead over the Dogs from 5 to 8
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

That was a fantastic college hockey game last night with UND winning 4-1. Score doesn’t indicate how tight it was. Need the same tonight to increase the point lead over the Dogs from 5 to 8
          Denver is a fun team to watch. They always skate well, play hard, and have plenty of skill. It's so nice being in the same conference as they are.

Comment

Huge sweep. North Dakota gets its 8 point lead in the NCHC back, with just 6 games (18 points) remaining for everyone in the league, and has a pretty significant edge for the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. Realistically, if UND splits their last three series, they'll recapture the Penrose and be in great shape for the #1 overall seed. Pretty amazing turnaround this year!
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Thome was amazing this weekend! Cant believe how much hes grown as a goalie. I feel a little bad for scheel but you gotta ride Thome if he's playing this good!

Comment

Fun series, and always nice to sweep DU. Last night was a more complete game. Tonight it looked like they were going to roll over DU. Just dominated the first period but only scored once. I don't know what DU was trying to do in the first period. I don't know if the NCAA keeps records on the number of times a team ices the puck but I'm pretty sure DU set a record. They iced the puck at least three times in the first 2 minutes of the game and kept doing the same thing the whole period. Then they seemed to realize that passing the puck was a good idea and played much better the last two periods. Thome had a great weekend in spite of the one goal he let in tonight was a softy. Glad I was at the Ralph for the games.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Another Schlossman-type stat: After 21 weeks of NCAA play, the NCHC has held the nat'l #1 spot for 13 of them: Duluth = 2, Denver = 4, UND = 7.

MN State (5) and Cornell (3) round it out.

Comment

Looks like the destination game for 2022 will be back in Vegas only this time at T-Mobile Arena

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...stination-game
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Looks like the destination game for 2022 will be back in Vegas only this time at T-Mobile Arena

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...stination-game
                      My choices for opponent would be any of the following:

Arizona State
                      Michigan
                      BC
                      Minnesota
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        My choices for opponent would be any of the following:

Arizona State
                        Michigan
                        BC
                        Minnesota
                        I understand the other 3, but why ASU? Proximity to Vegas?
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          I understand the other 3, but why ASU? Proximity to Vegas?
                          I included ASU because it's a huge school and will likely have a lot of alumni who are relatively close to Vegas, and because we've never played ASU.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I included ASU because it's a huge school and will likely have a lot of alumni who are relatively close to Vegas, and because we've never played ASU.
                            Be careful what you wish for. Those are some cheap shot fockers right there.
                            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Great article on Thome
                              https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...rough-setbacks
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That was an entertaining hockey game despite the shootout loss. Got another point and with UMD losing it puts the boys up 9 points with 5 games to go
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X