Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Sioux fans you might outnumber UNO fans tonight. We got a dusting of show which causes gridlock in Omaha. Too many morons who don't know how to drive in snow. Enjoy the game.
    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
      Sioux fans you might outnumber UNO fans tonight. We got a dusting of show which causes gridlock in Omaha. Too many morons who don't know how to drive in snow. Enjoy the game.
      FYI game is in Grand Forks

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
        FYI game is in Grand Forks
        LOL I didn't bother checking. Too dam cold to leave the house. Looks like a barn burner.

Comment

Disappointing night, but all streaks must end at some point. Hopefully they are able to regroup and come out tomorrow night and get the W. They have really struggled since the calendar turned over...
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Disappointing night, but all streaks must end at some point. Hopefully they are able to regroup and come out tomorrow night and get the W. They have really struggled since the calendar turned over...
              Back on track
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Much better on Saturday but still didn't quite seem like the pre-break team. I thought the passing on Friday was terrible and improved Saturday. And the pipes were Scheel's friend. Pretty bold of Brad to make the line-up changes that he did, and the guys - Rieger, Johnson and Keene - played a great game.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I don't intend to pee in anyone's Cheerios, but I think the team we saw this weekend could be the team we see the rest of the year. They will battle you, they will win some games, but they aren't going to be a 16-1-2 team. Before the second half started I kind of expected we'd be looking at something like a 9-9 or 10-8 or 9-8-1 second half of the season. I just thought (and still think) there are too many instances where I expect to see a slight drop off in offensive production in the second half, and not enough where we will see an uptick. Do we really think Bowen will score 6 more goals this year? I think we'll see a slight drop off from Pinto, as frequently happens with freshmen, especially ones who go play the WJC. Maybe other guys like Adams or Smith.

You could see a couple of guys have a better second half. I think Mismash is a prime candidate, for instance. But I don't see this team popping 4+ goals a game the rest of the way. Hope I'm wrong.

Honestly, if you'd told me before the season started they would finish the regular seasons with 23-25 wins, and a top three finish in the regular season, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat with this team. It'll easily put them in the tournament, will give the first round NCHC games at home and a good chance to head to St. Paul for the Frozen Faceoff without all of the handwringing over "bubble status."
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What a great recruit

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...thing-you-want
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I don't intend to pee in anyone's Cheerios, but I think the team we saw this weekend could be the team we see the rest of the year. They will battle you, they will win some games, but they aren't going to be a 16-1-2 team. Before the second half started I kind of expected we'd be looking at something like a 9-9 or 10-8 or 9-8-1 second half of the season. I just thought (and still think) there are too many instances where I expect to see a slight drop off in offensive production in the second half, and not enough where we will see an uptick. Do we really think Bowen will score 6 more goals this year? I think we'll see a slight drop off from Pinto, as frequently happens with freshmen, especially ones who go play the WJC. Maybe other guys like Adams or Smith.

You could see a couple of guys have a better second half. I think Mismash is a prime candidate, for instance. But I don't see this team popping 4+ goals a game the rest of the way. Hope I'm wrong.

Honestly, if you'd told me before the season started they would finish the regular seasons with 23-25 wins, and a top three finish in the regular season, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat with this team. It'll easily put them in the tournament, will give the first round NCHC games at home and a good chance to head to St. Paul for the Frozen Faceoff without all of the handwringing over "bubble status."
                      Based on the first four games this year, I don't see them getting close to the first half record. But I think you are being a little too pessimistic. I told a couple friends that after last weekend a 10-6 record would get them in the tournament. They both said the team would have a better record than that. I think 10-6 looks realistic.

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      He could turn out to be a great player. Lots of Toews in this kid.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Sioux have now scored more goals this year than all of last year and with their win tonight they now have matched last years win total of 18
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          Sioux have now scored more goals this year than all of last year and with their win tonight they now have matched last years win total of 18
                          Looking a little concerning in the new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                            Looking a little concerning in the new year.
                            Nah. Anytime you take 5 of 6 points on the road after spotting them 2 goals each night is a good thing. Last year they lose both. Now if they can somehow sweep UMD next weekend they would definitely be in the drivers seat for the Penrose Cup. They get swept then it will get interesting. A split no harm done
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not that I put big value in polls, and I don't want to sound whiny (well, gonna sound whiny no matter), but I'm hoping for insights: how did UND not climb in the rankings? Top PW, top RPI, top team stats, and top of arguably the most difficult league. All things you can't say about this week's #1 pick. ??? OK, I'll shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
                                Not that I put big value in polls, and I don't want to sound whiny (well, gonna sound whiny no matter), but I'm hoping for insights: how did UND not climb in the rankings? Top PW, top RPI, top team stats, and top of arguably the most difficult league. All things you can't say about this week's #1 pick. ??? OK, I'll shut up.
                                If you look at the numbers, both UND and Cornell fell, at least relative to a couple of teams behind them like Mankato and BC.

Cornell and UND had the same number of points last week. This week UND fell just a couple of points behind Cornell. I could see how that happened. They tied and won on the road against a team down quite a ways in the pairwise, while Cornell tied and won against a team in the top 20 of the pairwise, NMU.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X