Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Jonny Tychonick will be departing, he entered the NCAA transfer portal.
    That's a tough one, he would have been a key dman next year if both JBD and Kierstad leave. If one or both of them stay though, and then with the addition of Sanderson and Kleven...either way the d-corps will be stacked.

Good luck wherever you end up JT.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Jonny Tychonick will be departing, he entered the NCAA transfer portal.
      That's a tough one, he would have been a key dman next year if both JBD and Kierstad leave. If one or both of them stay though, and then with the addition of Sanderson and Kleven...either way the d-corps will be stacked.

Good luck wherever you end up JT.
      Yeah, that's too bad. Sort of got caught up in a numbers game. If someone like Poolman had left after his junior year, JT would have seen a lot more ice time. But with Bast finally starting to get healthy, Peski really stepping up his game the last season and a half, Frisch getting his feet wet as a freshman, there just weren't a lot of spots for him. A player will handle it as a freshman, but when there is limited ice time as a sophomore too, and you're a second rounder on top of it, I have to believe both the player and the team that drafted him are interested in seeing if there are some better spots for him. Best of luck to him.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"It wasn't an easy decision," Kiersted said. "Once you get to talking to those teams, it all becomes real. I never really pictured myself in a spot like this. I had to follow my heart. And my heart was here at UND.

"I didn't want to leave, especially with the way the season ended and how good of a team we had and what we could have done. There was no closure. We did something really special this season. But next season, we're here to do more. We want that national championship banner. The Penrose was special. It was a really great accomplishment. We checked one of the boxes. But the big one is the national championship. Every year, that's what you strive for. And I think we'll have a really good chance next year."
        https://www.grandforksherald.com/inc...ollow-my-heart
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Jordan Kawaguchi named to Hobey Hat Trick along with Perunovich and Jeremy Swayman (G, Maine). Winner announced on ESPN on 4/11/2020 at 11:00 p.m. EDT. Good luck Kawahobey!!

https://www.hobeybaker.com/
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Sounds like Kierstad, JBD, Adams, and Mismash all coming back.
            Oh my. This has the makings of a special team when you add in the very talented recruiting class as well.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Sounds like Kierstad, JBD, Adams, and Mismash all coming back.
              Oh my. This has the makings of a special team when you add in the very talented recruiting class as well.
              Agreed. That would be fantastic news if those listed all came back. I would also like to see Pinto coming back. While this year's success is attributable to the team as a whole improving, if I had to pick two players who had the most impact it would be Kawaguchi raising his game significantly, and Pinto's arrival. Kawaguchi has confirmed he will be back next season. Here's to hoping Pinto does the same here soon.

We really need to start a new thread...maybe titled "No, there really is a tournament in March."
              North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Agreed. That would be fantastic news if those listed all came back. I would also like to see Pinto coming back. While this year's success is attributable to the team as a whole improving, if I had to pick two players who had the most impact it would be Kawaguchi raising his game significantly, and Pinto's arrival. Kawaguchi has confirmed he will be back next season. Here's to hoping Pinto does the same here soon.

We really need to start a new thread...maybe titled "No, there really is a tournament in March."
                All are confirmed they are coming back except for JBD and Pinto. He has yet to make a decision
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  All are confirmed they are coming back except for JBD and Pinto. He has yet to make a decision
                  Pinto had said (probably quite a while ago) that he planned to be at UND for two years. I hope he still feels that way.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

More awards for coach Berry

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-Blais-in-2001
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That October schedule is filthy

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-opening-month
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I really hope the Gophers games will be available here one way or another. Good to see the team return to play you guys and I hope it continues.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they can replace those two games against Northern Michigan. Any idea on which teams haven't reached their max that could be possibilities?
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            I really hope the Gophers games will be available here one way or another. Good to see the team return to play you guys and I hope it continues.
                            I guess it depends on what you mean by "available." All North Dakota home games are "available" anywhere online for a small fee.

I have to imagine that the pure financial aspect of the series for both squads will necessitate it continuing. Of course, just because things make sense from every conceivable element doesn't mean that we still need humans to agree.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Final 2020 Draft Rankings were released by Central Scouting:

4. Sanderson
                              42. Kleven
                              49. Miller
                              94. Kunz
                              119. Bowen
                              123. Halliday
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

JBD announced that he will be back next season. Great news!
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X