Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unstoppable Natalie Spooner...and her new gig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unstoppable Natalie Spooner...and her new gig!

https://www.cbc.ca/television/battle...etes-1.5314103

Re: The Unstoppable Natalie Spooner...and her new gig!

In her college days, Spooner made rushes up the ice where it certainly looked like she was "unstoppable".
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I miss those days when Spooner was taking over games and everyone was saying it seemed like she was at OSU forever.
      Last edited by osualum86; 10-10-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

This may not sit well with some but I'm going to be brutally honest and call it as I see it.
        It was great when she was here as a Buckeye but that's in the past. When I see her on Team Canada playing against Team USA she's dirty & underhanded. She doesn't need to be with her skills but that's what Team Canada does to try and beat USA and my loyalty is to USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          This may not sit well with some but I'm going to be brutally honest and call it as I see it.
          It was great when she was here as a Buckeye but that's in the past. When I see her on Team Canada playing against Team USA she's dirty & underhanded. She doesn't need to be with her skills but that's what Team Canada does to try and beat USA and my loyalty is to USA.
          Yeah - she likes to play like the Lamoureux sisters. Shame on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            Yeah - she likes to play like the Lamoureux sisters. Shame on her.
            See, I knew someone wouldn't handle the truth. This thread may take off on a tangent now but the only time you'll see anything out of the Lamoureux sisters is when they've had enough of Canada's chippy cheap shots and slashes and decide to send a message like any hockey player should!

Comment

See, I knew someone wouldn't handle the truth.
              Puckdrop called a Code Red.

Comment

There's no such thing as coincidences.

Just turned on the tv to see if there was a baseball game on and what ends up staring back at me?...Battle of the Blades and Natalie Spooner.

Heard about it but don't recall ever seeing it before...she was impressive and for a big girl (I think she said 5'10" 180 lbs.) I thought she was extremely impressive with some of the techniques she has learned.

And kudos to her partner for lifting her numerous times and making it look easy. They looked like a natural fit personality wise.

Sarah Nurse was one of the judges.

This is not the performance that I saw but this is quite good as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUFDd_B35A
                Last edited by Blackbeard; 10-10-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

... the only time you'll see anything out of the Lamoureux sisters is when they've had enough of Canada's chippy cheap shots and slashes and decide to send a message like any hockey player should!
                  The Lam Twins are American Heroes. But to say they never instigate? Pleasant fantasy.

Go USA! But please. We can be proud Americans without putting on blinders.

Comment

As for the original topic, I think it's outstanding that Natalie can excel at both sports. I applaud her for work, and am proud that she's a Buckeye.

Go Natalie!

Thanks for posting, Blackbeard.

Comment

Amanda Kessel is also competing this season and after watching the videos of both of them I have to give Spooner the edge here.

EDIT: I just checked and it turns out Kessel has already been eliminated, so I guess I'm not wrong
                      Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-11-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        Amanda Kessel is also competing this season and after watching the videos of both of them I have to give Spooner the edge here.
                        I think it's more than an edge. Maybe one edge, the second edge, plus the other blade and the boot of both skates. Kessel doesn't look comfortable, as though to her, it is still just a series of moves in the routine, without any flow between them. It could be that she hasn't done it enough. Or it could be that as she was in interviews, at least until returning for her abbreviated senior season, she just isn't at ease in the spotlight wearing anything other than a hockey uniform.

Who would have the personality to be good at this? Thinking of former Gophers, I'd say that Rachael Bona would be the most natural performing, while the Brodt sisters were the most likely to be great at the mechanics of figure skating. What do others think?
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                        X