No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

So far Huskies look great. Wow, night and day from the first time we played them this season. Only 7 minutes in, but still, great stuff. 2-0

Question - is there something weird going on with the audio after the goal? It sounded like 2 different goal songs. Is the arena playing one over the band? That's really weird. Disappointing if that's the case, I saw BC was doing that earlier this year and have since stopped.

Comment

why a team would play undisciplined, when up by couple goals is beyond me. they have stopped playing loose.. & are falling apart.

I thought Madigan would take timeout sometime after 2-3 (after their 2nd 5 on 3 & our kill).. but here we are - 5 unanswered goals.
      Tough night. The younger players have much to learn but the older players need to set the tone. Good for UMass to capitalize.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Ouch that got ugly fast...but exactly what Northeastern said ...Undisciplined.

Comment

Nightmare on St Botolph St.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

yeesh

Comment

the rookie mistakes continue tonight. over handling of puck, waning secs in the first; breakdown in discipline in the 2nd. tough to watch but this is (more like) the season I thought it was going to be. adjustments will take time and goaltending will be hit or miss all season.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

slightly better last 5-7 mins of the 2nd and at least they are not laying dead & got some fight.

Would like to go 1-1-1 (or better) against this talented UMass team. Still.. until discipline issues improve, will have an uphill battle the last period.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

What I'm NOT worried about is goaltending. Pantano is running 2.08/.922. Can't ask for much more post-Primeau and I can't fault him for any of the losses.

What I AM worried about is offense (generally) and unforced turnovers. The attack seems sluggish; puckhandling does not seem confident; passing generally does not look crisp (nothing like the tic-tac-toe we've become used to). Lots of trouble trying to finish (re-directs/deflections just not working). On the other side of the coin, unforced turnovers (rarely seen the past few years) seem to be on the rise. The one that sprung Leonard last night in the last few seconds of a period hurt. Not the first time it's happened.

On the bright side, the pass that Matt Filipe put on Picking's stick for a goal was a thing of beauty. Not the first time that's happened either.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I know this team has 16 frosh/sophs so maybe it just takes time to jell. But a 2.375 GPG average isn't going to get you very far in this league.

On to Merrimack...
                  Last edited by Split-N; 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

So many of the issues on Friday night seemed to be common sense - like, if you put a good team on several power plays in a row, you're going to pay for it. If you turn the puck over in bad places, especially against a good team, you're going to pay for it. If you don't control the front of the net you're going to pay for it. I agree with the people who said the passing wasn't good enough in that second period. It wasn't the first time we've said this season that they've played a couple good periods but not three combined - and this time, they paid dearly for that. (I didn't see Saturday's game so I can't comment on that).

Not to take any games lightly - but this weekend is a good time for a lower opponent and a chance to fix some of these issues.
                    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

they've lost 3 in a row with the mistakes. i think they will salvage something this wknd but will generally end up at or slighty above .500 in hockey east.
                      was going to be that kind of year. key is to get hot at/toward the end of the season & make something of it. they have the tools to do it. not sure how much time it will take to gel like previous years. one thing they can control fairly quickly, cut down on the silly penalties when up a goal or more. hope josefek & struble are okay and back for the wknd. Go NU
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

GameDay - Go Huskies!
                        yesterday is history. Let's move forward.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Tough place to play these days...that said this team is a dud offensively they just don't have the guns. Does anyone else agree that this is likely not going to correct itself as a result of chemistry. You can't win only putting 19 shots up. Pantano was the difference tonight in them getting a point with nearly 40 saves on some quality shots too. I'm sorry I drove up here to watch it as it was not their best effort. 0 for 4 on the PP in the 3rd too. Starting to worry like it's 2016 again! Well be at the barn tomorrow, hopefully they play much better and take 3 of 4 PTS this weekend, but 5 weeks in they are a bottom feeder in HE and soon will be unranked!
                          Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• I think out of four contests in H.E. tonight, three were ties. Maine, which had been scoring at good pace ended up in 1-1 contest as well, but I hear you Rossi.

Hopefully they get it together tomorrow & salvage some real points this wknd. I do think they will gel better and scoring ‘hopefully’ improves. The SOG disparity tonight shows they are perhaps trying too much before the shot, versus getting simple shots on net, creating traffic, hunting those rebounds, all places where goals are to be had. Anyway, Coaches need figure out and team needs to respond.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• want to add - must have been emotional for him, but good job holding it together & just a nice outing by Pantano.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

May come by the Matthews tonight. Are you guys serving beer in there yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X