No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by bsaeagle64 View Post
    If you have a cell phone post up the NESN icon and watch the HE games that way. I did.
    I'm outside of coverage in upstate NY.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
      I have to disagree. Umass didn’t look like a top team in the country they looked like a middle of the pack HE team. I think they got way too much love in the pre season.
      You don't mean to tell that without Cale Makar, UMass is back to being mid-card status in Hockey East?
      Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
      —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
        You don't mean to tell that without Cale Makar, UMass is back to being mid-card status in Hockey East?
        Yup!!!!
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
          I have to disagree. Umass didn’t look like a top team in the country they looked like a middle of the pack HE team. I think they got way too much love in the pre season.
          true somewhat.. they played one ecac opponent in the comfort of their home rink. this was their first road outing of the season & jaffe said they opted for an overnight trip (coming in sun or monday?) versus road trip on a tuesday with traffic etc. not sure if that helped or hurt them any. i'd rather sleep in my own bed, especially if it is mid week gm within couple hour drive but whatever.

Regardless, they have had their share of letdowns at Matthews over the years. including ot loss to us last yr when they were ranked #1; played flawless season with 30+ wins with Makar & co.

Actually tonight if we do not score on the penalty shot or empty netter.. pretty anemic game for both squads.
          Longer term for season, Carvel has deeper team & will have them ready as they have some talent. Not including sound goaltending. Lindberg (who is pretty darn good), did not play tonight, & Murray was not bad. So, in other words, they have the goalie, the guns (Leonard, Chaffee etc) for the long season & decent D.
          We on the other hand, (besides pen shot. empty netter tonight).. need to find our guns.
          With 11 freshmen, will be an up & down type season i feel, but happy for the start. Long as they keep learning, make the adjustments and make good decisions, they will be fun to watch again hopefully.
          Go Huskies
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Thoughts on the game:
            - Pantano was the real deal tonight. At times, he looked Primeau-esque. Multiple cross-crease saves, good rebound control, and staying sturdy along the posts and ice when UMass got in close. I was incredibly impressed.

- - Kislin is a MAN out there. Protects the puck at Nolan Stevens levels. Super valuable as a RHD who can drive the cycle and protect the puck.

- Harris has grown leaps and bounds in a year. Filling in Davis’ spot seamlessly. Our best puck mover at F or D in my opinion

- Picking/Filipe/Solow are still elite defensive forwards.

- Hughes is excellent on the cycle, I think he will develop nicely.

And the PK goes a perfect 5/5 including a full 2 minute 5 on 3 and the final 3 minutes of being on a major. What a great performance by those players. On the flip side, powerplay is 0/15 to start the year. They had some real pretty looks and puck movement, but not many shots getting on net. Need Jerry to dip into his bag of powerplay tricks and figure this one out.

Huskies earned this win. Full credit to them. Now they gotta get the offense clicking a bit more, and starting Saturday with Holy Corss is a great chance.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
              BVR was legally checked hard into the boards. I feel like BVR might get suspended a game.
              Before the penalty, I was thinking he should be a healthy scratch, he's slow, sloppy with the puck, isn't good defensively and doesn't win any puck battles despite being huge...and then he spears a dude in his Minutemen.
              Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 10-15-2019, 11:14 PM.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                We on the other hand, (besides pen shot. empty netter tonight).. need to find our guns.
                With 11 freshmen, will be an up & down type season i feel, but happy for the start. Long as they keep learning, make the adjustments and make good decisions, they will be fun to watch again hopefully.
                Go Huskies
                We have guns, they're just different guns. We don't have the 30 goal forward or the All American goalie but with Shea, Kislin, Harris and Kesselring on the back-end we're not gonna give up many goals. Add in Struble when he's healthy and we got some studs back there.

Up front, Madden, Solow, Filipe and Jozefek should produce points. Hughes can clearly play, it might take him a bit to get his college legs under him. Picking is a great option as a 3C. Excited to see how McDonough looks. With this d-core, 3 goals will be sufficient most nights. After the Union series I thought we were a tad overrated, but now I think 15th is about right, with a chance to really take off the 2nd half of the season with all of the young players.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  We have guns, they're just different guns. We don't have the 30 goal forward or the All American goalie but with Shea, Kislin, Harris and Kesselring on the back-end we're not gonna give up many goals. Add in Struble when he's healthy and we got some studs back there.

Up front, Madden, Solow, Filipe and Jozefek should produce points. Hughes can clearly play, it might take him a bit to get his college legs under him. Picking is a great option as a 3C. Excited to see how McDonough looks. With this d-core, 3 goals will be sufficient most nights. After the Union series I thought we were a tad overrated, but now I think 15th is about right, with a chance to really take off the 2nd half of the season with all of the young players.
                  Jozefek had some really bad turnovers tonight. Hopefully he can get that taken care of or maybe somebody can take his spot on the PP.
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Jordan Harris penalty shot from last night makes ESPN's top 10 plays.. #6.. well done.

https://youtu.be/dHhwxgdSzZ8
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If anyone need scout our Sat night opponent (they did beat PC), anyway Merrimack -HolyCross gm is on NESN+ tonight. Going up against Bruins-Tampa Bay on NESN (that should be good one) but whatever, just thought I'd pass along.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

alright team, it’s game day.
                        HC is no Bentley...
                        right?
                        Go Huskies!
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to our new media deal. Anyone know how I can watch tonight's game? It's not on NU stretch internet or CAA.tv

Comment

I dont see it on Flosports either. I guess there will be games this season out of market fans wont be able to watch

Comment

Holy Cross is a pain.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They are pesky and play us well and have historically thru the years. We had some opportunities and at least we finally connected on a PP goal but HC skated a man down for a ton of the 3rd and we just need to figure it out. That said I will take a tie and get thru week 2 undefeated. This game feels like a bit of a loss but I don't know who HC is they bead Providence at home in OT but then lost to MC. I am feeling that we will be ok out lack of production isn't related to lack of talent but lack of chemistry. I am hoping these guys can start to have a feel as to where their line mates are going to be on the ice. Other than that they look good on D and in transition and while we have lost a lost in goal I am starting to think we should be ok here too. I am not expecting a years like the two prior but am hoping for 18 to 22 w's. Its really a rebuilding year but not like the old reloads where we would win 8 or 10 games. I am optimistic!

Comment

Working...
                                X