No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

By the nights end most likely they will be in 8th place.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
      By the nights end most likely they will be in 8th place.
      Bingo! Three points out of first and two points out of playoff oblivion. Don't recall ever seeing the league this tightly packed at this point in the season. Still holding at #12 in the PWR, which to me is bubble territory.
      Last edited by Split-N; 02-02-2020, 07:35 AM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Bingo! Three points out of first and two points out of playoff oblivion. Don't recall ever seeing the league this tightly packed at this point in the season. Still holding at #12 in the PWR, which to me is bubble territory.
        Its absolutely bubble territory. I want to be wrong, I want home ice and I want NCAA. BUT they are 12 in PWR, flip UConn to a win and they are #7 in PWR and they 1 point out of first. With teams 1-8 so bundled, lost home points to a team you should beat are going to hurt in the end.

Comment

• Sloppy gm.. especially the 3rd.
          I’ll say it again, don’t think we have the maturity or horses this season to 3peat, but thx to Craig Pantano, keeping a talented Harvard squad from scoring more than 1 G..clearly the difference.
          Especially in the 3rd period , complete domination by the Crimson. but our Goaltending & some excellent shot blocking by D save the day.

Forwards looked gassed from the PC gm. Oh well, we live to see another (Beanpot) day, but not gonna be our year barring a miracle again. That or the forwards showing up nxt Mon.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great job killing 1:45 on the 5x3 by a stupid penalty from Kesselring, but had to fantastic stops later in the period. Just like that we jumped to #8 in the PWR. I hope we go to Orono and remember we are playing Maine and some team on CommAv.
            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• yes excellent kill on the 5x3 .. but I did want to add a bit of positive after my last post...
              the win over PC, Friday was huge & a solid team effort.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Frustrating watching NU at times not clicking and leading to Harvard peppering Pantano. Pantano bailed us out tonight. I felt like some
                players were trying to do too much themselves resulting in turnovers. I think Harvard is a really good club this year, but I also think we made them look better tonight. Defense has got to clean up passing and stop getting beat by speed. I do feel the way the refs were calling the game tonight that NU couldn’t be physical and had to back off for fear of drawing a penalty that is just physical play. It’s sad the refs can really control a game by calling the pettiest stuff in huge games. First PP goal Harvard scores on was not even close to a penalty.
                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

congratulations on your threepeat.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    congratulations on your threepeat.
                    ha, not this season.
                    now anything can happen & one can never says never,
                    but.. it’s like saying mookie can stop being an ***$&@@ online....
                    could happen, but the odds are against it. 🙂
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I guess I'm a little less Debbie Downer than some others. It looked to me like NU's game plan was to keep Harvard to the outside, which they did, for the most part. And when Harvard was able to penetrate, Pantano was there. I do agree with Tilldog re unforced turnovers. Way too many, especially in the early stages of the game.

Now its on to the ratdogs and a golden opportunity to make up for that early season loss at Agganis.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        ha, not this season.
                        now anything can happen & one can never says never,
                        but.. it’s like saying mookie can stop being an ***$&@@ online....
                        could happen, but the odds are against it. ��
                        Enough "woe is us" self declared underdog status. Pack away your parachute! Our guys been here before, and we know how to behave.

Comment

• “Enough”. ?? er.... it’s a fan message board.
                          you can have your opinion & I can have mine.
                          ‘Enough’ right back !

my response was to the ever miserable mookiehead not you. his team is playing good hockey for a change but that insufferable bahstid can’t enjoy it it for what it is. his dopey comments in threads (here & elsewhere) about Husky hockey have become old - much like the rest of him. people age differently. mookie is just plain miserable; I’m thinking well deserved at this point.
                          Last edited by northeastern; 02-04-2020, 01:56 PM.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Miserable?

Miserable???

Mookie is the happiest clam on earth!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hey, as an NU guy, I'm a card carrying member of the Mookie Fan Club. Snark raised to an art form and to be taken with a grain or two of salt (or other substance of choice).

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Hey, as an NU guy, I'm a card carrying member of the Mookie Fan Club..:
                                you lost me right there. to each his own.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X