No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    new commitment. RHD out of Natick, James Davenport. Currently with Victoria of the BCHL

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ria-grizzlies/
    Does this give any insight into Harris' decision for next year? Or is JM just stockpiling as many starting caliber HE defensemen as he can after all the injuries we've had this year? You would think Kesselring, Buch and Kislin would be locked in as RHD for next year.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Does this give any insight into Harris' decision for next year? Or is JM just stockpiling as many starting caliber HE defensemen as he can after all the injuries we've had this year? You would think Kesselring, Buch and Kislin would be locked in as RHD for next year.
      I hope and think it's depth as he's the only new defenseman joining NU this fall to replace Ryan Shea's departure. I'd be shocked if Harris left.

Comment

• talking about D, will Kislin be back from injury vs PC?
        We’ll need all that we can get for that match up & one on Monday.
        All the best to my Huskies.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          talking about D, will Kislin be back from injury vs PC?
          We’ll need all that we can get for that match up & one on Monday.
          All the best to my Huskies.
          I'm not optimistic about Kislin being back for PC. The PC game is as important as the Harvard game on Monday, but If he is day to day, I think JM would save him for the Beanpot.

RDs seem to be kind of scarce. If Davenport is a sound player, the coaches will find a place for him, even if a RD has to play on the left side.
          Last edited by HHound; 01-29-2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I have been looking for years. Is there no video anywhere of the 1980 beanpot?

Comment

• Hard fought W. Hopefully carries into Monday against a gritty Harvard squad. Good to see the PP clicking late. Nice to see Kislin back in the line up.

Go Huskies !😊
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

When was the last time we won the season series against Providence? I feel like they've had our number this last decade

Comment

Last season series win was 2014 thanks to a backdoor win by Braden Pimm with a last minute goal to tie then an OT goal to win down in Providence. This was the first time Madigan has ever won 2 games in the same season against PC as head coach.

Comment

• In other positive news,
                    Kudos to NU Women’s hockey... repaying UConn hockey with a OT win themselves for some payback; capturing the Hockey East Regular Season Crown while doing it.
                    Let’s go Monday, NU!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Is everyone off the "UConn lost means no NCAAs" kick now? They're 11th in pairwise with a lot of winnable games on the schedule.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        Is everyone off the "UConn lost means no NCAAs" kick now? They're 11th in pairwise with a lot of winnable games on the schedule.
                        The UNH loss doesn't feel as much a hiccup right now as the Wildcats are playing some terrific hockey. They responded back all game.
                        The UConn OT - that one, the bs call by the ref really stung. (that's why the payback by WHky was fun).

Anyway, hopefully no further hiccups and hoping for the best rest of their games. Play till the whistle!
                        Rebuild type season @ 14-7-2 not all bad & not the end of the world. Go Huskies
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                          They have 2 with BU who is playing better than anybody, 2 with BC, 2 with lowell. All winable but also all losable. 2 with VT up there and 1 with Maine up there. I think they have a very tough schedule. Will most likely be in 7th place after tonight. They are not in a great spot. UConn points are going to hurt.

Comment

I'm not going so far as to say that the UNH and UConn losses will prove fatal but I will say that NU can ill-afford to have left four points on the table in a league that's so tightly packed in the one through nine slots. Yes, there are points ahead for the taking but it's going to be an uphill climb for the reasons noted by JerryP. Even UVM is a threat if Stefanos Lekkas has one of those games where he stands on his head and does magic tricks. NU is certainly not out of anything but they'll be riding that road ahead without a cushion.

And yes, I know that an horrendous penalty call on a brilliant defensive play led to the UConn OT loss but NU, man-for-man, is so superior to the Fake Huskies that it never should have come to that in the first place.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                              They have 2 with BU who is playing better than anybody, 2 with BC, 2 with lowell. All winable but also all losable. 2 with VT up there and 1 with Maine up there. I think they have a very tough schedule. Will most likely be in 7th place after tonight. They are not in a great spot. UConn points are going to hurt.
                              If they win 2 out of the next 3, split the UML, BC and BU series and sweep UVM they're in easily. Basically as long as they play .500 or better the rest of the way, they're likely in. I know we love "the sky is falling" at NU, but even with the UConn loss they're statistically in a very good spot as far as the NCAA tournament goes. They're in the same spot as everyone else in regards to home ice. There aren't any great teams, a lot of solid teams, and the 4 teams who play the best during the final stretch will get the home ice spots.
                              Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 02-01-2020, 11:00 PM.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• all excellent points.

First Harvard, everything after.
                                GO NU
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X