Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    The holding penalty on bucheler (which resulted in ot goal) was bs!
    I actually thought he played it textbook. Don't know what the ref saw except for the uconn player running out of space as he was angled & falling on his own into our net so as not to run pantano over. he sold it pretty well looking up at the ref from the netting. weak, weak call but kid had scored 2 goals on us so there's that.

hopefully these things balance out over the season (they seem to) & i am hoping we get a few breaks the other way as well.

in the meanwhile, doesn't take away the sting. we certainly had our chances - didn't get the bounces to put it away in regulation and then ot happened.
    Neutral fan and I thought the holding call was brutally bad in OT
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Neutral fan and I thought the holding call was brutally bad in OT
      I was actually more incensed at the phantom offside call that killed a promising odd-man rush in the final minutes of regulation. Thought Solow might get an unsportsmanlike minor for chirping at the linesman. But like I said previously, it never should have come to that.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

I was at the Husky v. Husky game yesterday. After the teams left the ice following UConn's winning goal and with Millea standing in front of the visiting team bench, the NU coach verbally/loudly let his feelings re: Millea's OT refereeing be known from the door of the NU bench (which he slammed twice before leaving the area). I wonder if there will be a response from Hockey East?

Comment

Originally posted by CU&NU fan View Post
          I was at the Husky v. Husky game yesterday. After the teams left the ice following UConn's winning goal and with Millea standing in front of the visiting team bench, the NU coach verbally/loudly let his feelings re: Millea's OT refereeing be known from the door of the NU bench (which he slammed twice before leaving the area). I wonder if there will be a response from Hockey East?
          I just cringe whenever Jack Millea shows up. King of TickyTack.

Comment

Was playing around with the PWR predictor today on CHN and not that it's breaking news, but every game from here on out becomes massive for our at-large tournament hopes. Need to take care of business in the games we should win (Maine/UVM) and need to at least split in the tough series (BC/UML/BU). A win at home against PC next Friday would be a nice start.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

2020 recruit Ross Mitton has decommitted and has signed an NLI with Colgate
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                2020 recruit Ross Mitton has decommitted and has signed an NLI with Colgate

(guess on my part) things closer to home for him & will prob get more playing time.
                All the best to him.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NU & BC both with back to back OT losses. Both with tough match ups upcoming - we getting PC & them getting UMass before the 'pot.
                  NU, let's please not get any hat tricks with this trend!
                  Kudos to Maine & UNH.. both teams playing well. PC & UMass always tough. Lowell & BU nothing to sneeze at. Quarterfinals going to be tough battles; hopefully make for some awesome college hockey. Let's go Huskies, let's make something out of rebuilding season!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    NU & BC both with back to back OT losses. Both with tough match ups upcoming - we getting PC & them getting UMass before the 'pot.
                    NU, let's please not get any hat tricks with this trend!
                    Kudos to Maine & UNH.. both teams playing well. PC & UMass always tough. Lowell & BU nothing to sneeze at. Quarterfinals going to be tough battles; hopefully make for some awesome college hockey. Let's go Huskies, let's make something out of rebuilding season!
                    UConn loss cost them home ice and NCAA tournament bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      I just cringe whenever Jack Millea shows up. King of TickyTack.
                      You can say that again....🙄
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                        UConn loss cost them home ice and NCAA tournament bid.
                        yup.. might be the hardest pill to swallow barring any miracles.
                        brutal OT call in that gm. anyway, team has gotta move on & make the most of what's ahead.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          yup.. might be the hardest pill to swallow barring any miracles.
                          brutal OT call in that gm. anyway, team has gotta move on & make the most of what's ahead.
                          Maine sweeping BC, UNH taking 3 points from UMass, BU getting 3 points from Lowell. Bad results this weekend.

Comment

…..and Yukon finishes dead last in the CT version of the Beanpot. Makes the recent loss that much harder to stomach. But congrats to Sacred Heart and CJ Marottolo who, after all, is a Northeastern grad.
                            Last edited by Split-N; 01-26-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

new commitment. RHD out of Natick, James Davenport. Currently with Victoria of the BCHL

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ria-grizzlies/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                new commitment. RHD out of Natick, James Davenport. Currently with Victoria of the BCHL

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ria-grizzlies/

Massachusetts kid.
                                Nice !
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X